Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Constitution - A more readable version

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default The Constitution - A more readable version

Hello everyone. I've created a .pdf version of the TWC constitution, complete with a table of contents. This version of the constitution is in a much more readable format. I have removed most of the cumbersome footnotes and re-added them into the text of the constitution itself. I haven't changed any words, phrases, spelling, capitalization, or anything else in the document. All I have done is re-arrange the formatting of the current constitution into an actually readable format.

You can view the .pdf online here or download a copy of it below.

Constitution.pdf

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Default Re: The Constitution - A more readable version

It is well done.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Now this is beautiful. Very nicely done mate.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Still too long for my tastes, but it's a nice rework indeed, at the least I could read up to about half of it before getting bored, which is about 10 times more than what I was able to do with the old version

You have my sword
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Nice work, Akar.

+rep
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I applaud the initiative. +rep and all that....

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I like the effort, but I think each "item" should be numbered so that we can refer to the number in discussion.

As an Example

SECTION I - CITIZENSHIP AND CURIAL OFFICERS --
    ARTICLE I - CITIZENSHIP
    1.1.1: Citizenship is the fundamental award given by the Curia for contributions to the site and community of TWC.
    1.1.2: To be awarded with Citizenship a member must fulfill the minimum requirements and be proposed by a Citizen, their Patron. Minimum Requirements: At least fifty posts; been registered for at least two months, and; not received a Moderation Warning or Curial Warning within the past six months. An individual may hold only one account awarded with citizenship.

1.1.3: There are two classes of Citizenship:
    A: The first is that of Citizen, which members of can display one of the following badges: Artifex, signifying modding contributions; Civitate, signifying writing and debating contributions; and Citizen, signifying both or other contributions. If a member is entitled to other badges, they may choose which badge to display whilst regardlessly retaining all privileges conferred by their positions and honors.

B. The second is that of Patrician, which is an honorary class of Citizenship reserved for those who have received a Large Award(s); Opifex, Phalera, Asterix's Loincloth, and Novus, or have formerly served as an Administrator for at least six months.

B.1: Patricans may display the Patrician badge. If a Large Award recipient resigns from Citizenship or has their Citizenship revoked, they lose the ability to display the Patrician badge but retain their Large Award(s)

1.1.4 Citizenship allows members to post in the Capitol and propose other members for Citizenship so long as they themselves have been a citizen for at least three months.

He's typed up what already exists. Adjusting the body of the text itself will require a resolution. That can come later.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Not necessarily. I'd say that adding new numbers could be considered Minor Formative Changes, which don't require Amendments.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

You're probably right, Frunk, but I wanted to make as few changes as possible to this version from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Not necessarily. I'd say that adding new numbers could be considered Minor Formative Changes, which don't require Amendments.
    We're looking at giving the document a minor face lift in terms of spelling, grammar, organization and wording. That will need to be approved by resolution.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

For wording, sure. For spelling, grammar and basic organisation, Amendments are not necessary. I'm simply pointing that out. There's no harm in it either way.

This is a great initiative. The Constitution was initially written by pseudo intellectuals trying to sound a lot smarter than they actually were, and as a result we're left with largely unreadable portions that make even basic interpretation hard. You can take that to the bank too, I was one of those dumby pseudo intellectuals.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    You can view the .pdf online here or download a copy of it below.
    Why not add it with the link you posted to The Citizens Handbook and let every citizens know where to find the constitution as a .pdf document.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    You can take that to the bank too, I was one of those dumby pseudo intellectuals.
    Whats the exchange rate of a pseudo-intellectual to USD?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Why not add it with the link you posted to The Citizens Handbook and let every citizens know where to find the constitution as a .pdf document.
    That's a good idea .

A few months ago, I used the base document provided by Akar to type the Constitution up into a simpler format, minus the footnotes. Since there have been amendments since then, some further changes will be needed.

Here is a pdf version. For editing purposes, here is the .odt version.

Blog Entries

Do you mind posting it directly as a standard forum post? Thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I have no idea how to format it here. If someone more familiar with all the tools just pasted it in, paragraph by paragraph, it shouldn't take them too long.

Blog Entries

I personally don't have any issue with the PDF, but if you guys want it to be moved to a vote, you need to post it in the regular format, I'm afraid

however, your document still needs some amendments, at the least with regards to the curial offices (but the same is valid as well for the actual official Constitution, which hasn't been updated I believe after the last modifications approved by the Curia).

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I personally don't have any issue with the PDF, but if you guys want it to be moved to a vote, you need to post it in the regular format, I'm afraid

however, your document still needs some amendments, at the least with regards to the curial offices (but the same is valid as well for the actual official Constitution, which hasn't been updated I believe after the last modifications approved by the Curia).
    If you could somehow paste me the Constitution in PM so I can mirror its current format in terms of boxes, colours, font sizes etc. then I would have a place to start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast