Thread: Problem with using many mods on Total War: Attila

Laetus

Default Problem with using many mods on Total War: Attila

Hey everyone,
    I have a bit of a problem in that I am trying to use a handful of mods that have no conflicts with one another in Total War: Attila. I am trying to find a way to use over 30 mods together, because when I subscribed to them all on Steam and tried to launch Attila, the game just got stuck on the intro screen with the Attila logo and my mouse cursor became a blue circle indefinitely. I tested to make sure the mods weren't at fault by loading an up-to-date mod and also an outdated mod separately and then together, and in every instance it worked in the regular Total War launcher for Steam. I tried the other launchers with the same result and also used the unofficial Total War Mod Manager 2.0 by .Mitch. but had no success, save for learning that all the mods have no conflicts. I have attempted to consolidate all of the contents of the mods mods via extracting from each mod and placing them into a single .pack file through PFM and had the same result as before each time. I tested to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end by asking another modder to run my compilation mod, with the same result. Is there a way to run 30 mods at one time, and if so, how might I do it?

Souron's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Problem with using many mods on Total War: Attila

Quote Originally Posted by That Russian You Know View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have a bit of a problem in that I am trying to use a handful of mods that have no conflicts with one another in Total War: Attila. I am trying to find a way to use over 30 mods together, because when I subscribed to them all on Steam and tried to launch Attila, the game just got stuck on the intro screen with the Attila logo and my mouse cursor became a blue circle indefinitely. I tested to make sure the mods weren't at fault by loading an up-to-date mod and also an outdated mod separately and then together, and in every instance it worked in the regular Total War launcher for Steam. I tried the other launchers with the same result and also used the unofficial Total War Mod Manager 2.0 by .Mitch. but had no success, save for learning that all the mods have no conflicts. I have attempted to consolidate all of the contents of the mods mods via extracting from each mod and placing them into a single .pack file through PFM and had the same result as before each time. I tested to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end by asking another modder to run my compilation mod, with the same result. Is there a way to run 30 mods at one time, and if so, how might I do it?
    I Understand this probably sound really boring but have you tried running each mod on its own to see if its just one mod catching you out? Mods although they look like they shouldnt clash still can cause issues when used together.

for example i think there was an issue a while back where if you used too many custom unit mods together it could crash the game. i believe somebody found a fix for it but its just a good example of how stuff can clash when it looks like it shouldnt.

hope this helps!

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Souron View Post
    I Understand this probably sound really boring but have you tried running each mod on its own to see if its just one mod catching you out? Mods although they look like they shouldnt clash still can cause issues when used together.

for example i think there was an issue a while back where if you used too many custom unit mods together it could crash the game. i believe somebody found a fix for it but its just a good example of how stuff can clash when it looks like it shouldnt.

hope this helps!
    I have not, and I apologize for my lengthy delay to reply. I'll run each mod on its own and see if there are any problems and report back, but the only problem I see is that a majority of my mods are outdated.

Laetus

After much tinkering, I figured out that there was a mod thathat was only compatible when fitted to another mod. When I removed, it the game worked like a clock. My own negligence prevented me from seeing this problem, but everything is resolved now.

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by That Russian You Know View Post
    After much tinkering, I figured out that there was a mod thathat was only compatible when fitted to another mod. When I removed, it the game worked like a clock. My own negligence prevented me from seeing this problem, but everything is resolved now.
    Eyyyyyyy glad you figured it out mate. it did sound a bit like it would have been something like that.

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian