Thread: Streaming a new campaign:

Default Streaming a new campaign:

Hey there,

seems like i finally fixed my internet, so id try to stream a lil bit. If you like, feel free to drop in.

England VH/VH
    No "Save/Reload"
    No killing of bad generals/family members

Latest patch + Jurand new pack (got an inbox message y-day, wanna try it) + Highways unlocked for all (any empire big enough would have started making those at some point, so if you got the money for it, i feel everyone should be able to make it)

https://www.twitch.tv/santoritv

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Streaming a new campaign:

Hi Leo,
    I've watched a bit your campaign. A few observations:
    - you're lucky to choose England, one of the richest factions. With another faction you'd plunged into debts already in the 2nd turn. So don't try this playstyle with the other factions but Sicily or maybe something else.
    - each army should be lead by a general. Otherwise they'll follow the fate of your army crushed on the beach (I really enjoyed seeing a competent AI charging your heavy infantry from a side). Or will revolt underway.
    - spies cost money in upkeep. One should not hire all of them.
    - the new VH is really tough on money. You haven't noticed but you've payed a lot or going abroad with any general.
    - I didn't noticed how you lost Lincoln, but there was something like a civil war after the death of the faction leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Leo,
    I've watched a bit your campaign. A few observations:
    - you're lucky to choose England, one of the richest factions. With another faction you'd plunged into debts already in the 2nd turn. So don't try this playstyle with the other factions but Sicily or maybe something else.
    - each army should be lead by a general. Otherwise they'll follow the fate of your army crushed on the beach (I really enjoyed seeing a competent AI charging your heavy infantry from a side). Or will revolt underway.
    - spies cost money in upkeep. One should not hire all of them.
    - the new VH is really tough on money. You haven't noticed but you've payed a lot or going abroad with any general.
    - I didn't noticed how you lost Lincoln, but there was something like a civil war after the death of the faction leader?
    Managed to lock myself out of the flat, so i didnt come back from afk but had to wait till this morning so that the key guy can open my door

- Im not sure about England as one of the richest countries, but i definitely wanted to try them because of the long archers and their heavy family tree (early Usurper like Germany)
    - Yeah tbh, that was just some quick reinforcement for my settlement which will be sieged soon by the rebels, didnt expect the Scots to come so close in a matter of one turn
    - As far as i remember, on VH/VH rebels could attack you, so you basically have to get intel on whats going around at your borders
    - Yeah i can see that money is becoming an issue, will need to put in more thoughts on every move i make, i like it so far
    - Civil war, im just not sure anymore if it was the only city i lost. Think another one was lost, but immediately reconquered as no garrison was inside

Gonna be fun tonight to see how it develops with the French and German having formed an alliance.

Btw, so far i like your changes made JoC, cant wait to see more of it ingame.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Build watchtowers instead of spies. They cost 1k upfront but no upkeep afterwards.

If you play at VH then you need to check the traits of your generals and choose the right one to lead the army. It's a difference between 250 and 1000 per army a turn. See here:

{INFO_ARMY_FINANCIAL_PREPARATION_BODY}[This system works at the Very Hard campaign difficulty only - pick another difficulty if you don't want to bother]\n\n The sinews of war is money, and money is something you should gather before conducting any offensive expedition. The amount depends on the length of the operation you’re going to conduct and the skills of the general. Be careful to look through the traits of that general and assess the costs beforehand!\n\n First, you’ll have to pay for your army traveling through enemy lands. If the general has basic Logistical Skill or Advanced Military Education or is accompanied by a Military Engineer you’ll pay 500 florins a turn. If he is a Logistical Expert, you will pay only 250. If he does not have any of those skills, it will cost you 1000.\n\n Your army may also travel by sea during such an expedition. If your general has Logistical Skills or your Faction Leader has Maritime Interests, you’ll pay 500 florins for staying on board a boat at the end of the turn. Otherwise you will pay 1000.\n\n Once you lay a siege to an enemy settlement, you’ll have to cover higher expenses. If the generals is a GoodEngineer or is accompanied by a Siege Engineer (ancillary), you’ll pay 1500 florins. If he does not, you will pay 2000 (this is instead of the above mentioned costs of traveling).\n\n You don’t pay anything if you’re on a crusade of jihad, but you’ll start paying once the crusade/jihad ends. Bear in mind that there is one-time upfront payment for any general joining crusade.\n\n The exception to the above described costs are the pagan factions: Lithuania and the Cumans. They always pay 250 florins per general on the move and 1500 per general besieging, and the full price by boat.\n\n Remember that you don’t pay anything if you’re in home territories. This also means that once you successfully conclude the siege, you won’t pay anymore. If you are just on be border, it is always better to stay on the own side.\n\n The secondary generals in the army (ie all except of the commanding one) don't pay these costs. Be careful though, who is leading the army - you may have a general with good Logistical skill, but if another general assumes the main role, you may end up paying more.\n\n Finally, take note that these costs will not be shown in the financial panel – neither ex-ante, nor ex-post. They will be automatically deducted from your treasury: money will just disappear. However, it will be communicated to you in the traits of the characters and in the messages popping out at the start of your turn.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 19, 2020 at 02:06 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hey,

i actually got very far on my own way, owning half of western europe. Stopped recently to join a Hotseat as HRE, so as for now there is no stream of it.

Thx for your response, i find the information very useful.

Kind greetings