Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Equipment Tweak Mod v1.3: Optional Backpacks, Spontoons and Ammoboxes (UPDATED 5/3/15)

Default Equipment Tweak Mod v1.3: Optional Backpacks, Spontoons and Ammoboxes (UPDATED 5/3/15)

The Equipment Tweak Mod

UPDATED 5/8/09

COMPATIBLE WITH
    PRUSSIA REALISTIC UNIFORMS MOD
    and Most Other Mods

There are now three versions of this mod. The full version, a spontoons only version and one that removes backpacks and bags only. The alternate versions are gone. If anyone has them, please share them in the Download Center and post a link on this thread.

The full mod does three things:

1) It removes backpacks and bags from European infantry. Backpacks were rarely worn in 18th century combat. Plus, I think the units look better without packs.

2) It replaces the bags with cartridge boxes similar to those used during this period.

3) It adds spontoons to European infantry officers. Spontoons were polearms used by early modern officers to signal commands to the line. While they were sometimes used in combat, this wasn't their purpose, so I've kept the sword as the weapon for melee. Historically cavalry officers did not carry spontoons, so they have swords as well.

This mod should be compatible with other mods. It is also save game compatible.

Let me know if there are any problems!

INSTALLATION:
    Unzip to your ...\empire total war\data folder. Then use the Mod Manager. To avoid having files overwritten by other mods, please ensure that ETM loads last.

You can also skip the Mod Manager and do it the old fashioned way: type "mod equipment_tweak_mod.pack;" or "mod remove_backpacks_mod.pack;" (which ever pertains to you, and no quotation marks) in user.empire_script.txt. Save as Unicode. Create or edit the script here:

Vista
    C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

MODDERS:
    Thanks for all the help and tools that made this possible! Feel free to integrate it into your own mod. If you do, credit would be appreciated

CHANGELOG
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

4/14/2009 1.1 Changes
    Overall quality of animation transitions much improved.
    "Combat Ready" stance changed from spontoon/sword to spontoon only.
    Spontoon "shooting" bug fixed. Officers once again use pistols.
    Implemented work around for bug where spontoon appeared to sink into the ground when crouching or kneeling.

5/8/2009
    "Combat Ready" stance changed to spontoon only.
    Spontoon-pistol overlap when standing bug is fixed.
    Spontoon "shooting" bug fixed. Officers once again use pistols.
    Light Dragoons/Carabinier CTD fixed.
    Floating cavalry officers fixed.

5/2/2015
    Added good link.

here are three versions: full, spontoons only, and remove backpacks only. Choose one from below.

Prussia Realistic Uniforms Mod compatible version (replaces mod_prussia_realistic_db):
    http://rapidshare.com/files/23333875...db_ETMv1_3.zip

Full Version:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2475

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by erasmus777; May 03, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod: Removes Backpacks, Adds Spontoons and Ammoboxes

this is awesome excellent job

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod: Removes Backpacks, Adds Spontoons and Ammoboxes

Good deal, thanks!

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Well done, if only we had staps for thos cartridge boxes.

great work man! +Rep
    peace sells . . . . but how's buy'n?

bob dylan: "all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie" things have changed

klesh's Avatar Senator

Ugh, I'm kind of torn. I like the backpacks and haversacks etc, but the ammo boxes and spontoon are very very nice. I wish I could have them all.

Nice mod!! But when i apply the mod for the first time, it's not working at all. when i deleted the mod, finally i can get the mod working (without the mod file)! And although i can't get the spontoons, but i still can have my backpacks and haversacks cartridge boxes..

Very nice! great work

This is interesting, but its animation is necessary for this officer - it stood it from behind and evened the ranks...
    En nom Dieu! Vive le Roy! A bas la Republique!

Quote Originally Posted by Neofit View Post
    This is interesting, but its animation is necessary for this officer - it stood it from behind and evened the ranks...
    It'd be great if I could add that, but right now we can't alter or add animation files. All we can do is mix and match them.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Great little mod! Thank you!

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Wouldn't that be a Sergeant? We need to have more officers in formations

Bawha's Avatar Civis

I dont want to sound to demanding or anything cuz this is really good work!.

But could you make one mod without the polearm?
    I never enjoyed the current polearm fighting, one long stick and a sword in each hand look rather silly! =P

Either way, i quite enjoy the units without the backpacks!.
    +rep

Ive noticed that the guy with the polearm...shoots....... (i.e with the best jaegers from Austria)

Other than that, I really do like the backpackless units and the ammo boxes.

How exactly did you do this? I must have missed something.

Hi! Nice work. Line infantry looks really better now.

Do you might make a version with light infantry/jaegers/voltigeurs with backpacks and haversacks + ammo pouches?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dud doodoo View Post
    How exactly did you do this? I must have missed something.
    At its most basic, I just edited the Warscape_Equipment_Items list and then created some new fragments for the animation table. It gets a little more complicated , because 1) it took me forever to figure out how to correctly edit the items list and discover that the PFM wasn't showing everything; 2) it can get tricky editing animation fragments because not everything works together, even when it seems like it should.

@theomegagreen - Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I had fixed that. I'll update the mod later today or tomorrow.

@Bawha - I'm going to make a couple more configurations so you don't have to download everything. I agree that the polearm/sword thing is a little goofy, but I didn't have many options. I'm hoping to fix that.

Glad to hear y'all are enjoying the mod.
    Last edited by erasmus777; April 11, 2009 at 04:42 PM.

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

much better now! +rep!

please donīt stop!

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

Great mod ! One thing , would it be possible to make the officer fight with the Spontoon? Maybe useing the Russian axemen animation (I know nothing about modding so don't know if this is possible)

Anyway as said great mod! Here's Donald Sutherland with a little spontoon action

Excellent mod, but when I use the ModManager it works fine in single, but when I want to start a multiplayer game, desactivating your mod and all the mods than appears in the ModManager, I canīt play because the version of the game is different.
    Any idea?.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast