Thread: [Artifex] OreoMan32 (Patron: PikeStance)

Default [Artifex] OreoMan32 (Patron: PikeStance)

OreoMan32 : Artifex
    Patron: PikeStance

Hear me, For I have you a delightful modder. A modder who has added a new "vision" to the game Empire Total War. His name, none other than Oreoman32. This is a modder who has created a simple mod in the past for Rome II, but has since returned to the Total War genre to bless us with a graphic enhancing mod, not just for the general public but also for those that play overhauls as well. A modder that puts community first. A Modder of unquestion politeness and consideration. A modder we should be proud to have one of us.

Here is the link to a previous mod for Rome II:
    This is the link to his graphic enhancement mod. HERE

A Little Eye candySpoiler Alert, click show to read:

My story to the Total War center spans for almost 2 years, but in those 2 years, I have gained so much knowledge that I owe to this very active and helpful community. In 2015 I played a lot of Battlefield and nothing else, I soon had enough of it and quit. When browsing the web for good war games I stumble upon Empire Total War, I instantly fell in love with the history the game shares, the time period, the art, the war, it was wonderful. But the game required a lot to work on, and being an old game, no developer was going to fix it. I wanted more, to see Empire grow into a new game, and not the buggy mess the developers left it. I soon found the Total War Center and Darthmod. I was amazed about how a team of people could edit a mod so complex, and I wanted to be a modder.

I first started editing DB files in Rome Total War II, since fighting is easier to learn than how to shoot. And I first released my mod to the Steam community and Total War Center, and people liked it. I would log on daily after getting back from school to read people's feedback and their suggestions. I would edit the mod almost to the middle of the night and making changes faster than the comments rolled in. The community was nice, and even though I had much to learn they were helpful. Linking me to sites to help me to improve my modding skills This is why I want to give back to the. I want to make beautiful mods that serve the community as they had served me. Fast forward a couple of busy years and I have returned to Empire, this time to change it.

I first started with the question of improving the graphics, then I get the idea of combing all the great overhauls of Empire Total War graphics and making it into one mod the community could enjoy. Now I am back to those years after school, checking the comments daily and replying and helping those with questions, as payback for to thanks those that had helped me with my first mod.

I have further ambitions to serve, recently I have been studying magnar mod tutorials on 3D modeling, and my knowledge of making new skins will expand, and who knows what that would bring. I hope to serve and become part of this community, the community that helped spring my interest which is now my favorite passion: modding

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Artifex] OreoMan32 (Patron: PikeStance)

Support, nice to see a new modder.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.

If what Sirlion tell us is true then I cannot support this application and therefore I have to withdraw my support. Abstain for now which can be opposed later should more citizens stating the same thing as Sirlion.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 18, 2020 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Support withdrawn.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Against. I'm sorry but a compilation of previously released mods made by others and a dead mod with a simple reskin do not cut it in my book. the spirit is there but there's too little to back it up.
    He needs to at least put out a completely original work with a little more substance to it. It doesn't have to be amazing but it should demonstrate that he's got a true will to learn a new set of skills.
    It's a step in the right direction to be sure. Let him continue like this and have him show what he's capable of himself.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

No, it is not. it is his own graphic mod that he made compatible with multiple overhaul mods.

Features
    Completo Revisione Battlefield Graphic Environment Overhaul
    High Quality Environments that distinguish from both Empire and Napoleon, New Textures that stretch for the entire landscapes of the world,
    High Dynamic vegetation with new added textures, Higher Quality Mesh rendering for a increased field of view, Remastered Dynamic Lighting Quality

Completo Revisione Campiagn Graphic Environment Overhaul
    Remastered Campaign Lighting Quality that is more uniquely dynamic each entering of the new season, Higher Resolution Textures for every corner of the earth,
    Increased Mesh rendering Quality for a increased field of view, Region Specific Architecture that gives a taste of each civilization's culture

Completo Revisione Post Processing Graphics Overhaul
    Advanced Post Processing of Depth of Field for a high quality DOF, Battlefield Color Layer Post Processing that brings a realistic color scheme to the battlefield,
    Campaign Color Layer Post Processing that brings a 18th century color pattern for a better graphic experience

Almost every mod I have made has some component of a modder before me. The list would be long. it is still my work. Heck my slave trade mod was actually a work of another modder. My one contibution was finding a way to do it without replacing an actual game file which is something the original person could not figure out.
    First, The Imperial Splendour Development team would like to thank argonian68 for his tutorial for adding the slave trade. You can see his tutorial here.
    I still had to make the modifications and test them. Sirlion is being disingenuous because he gave proper credit to those that assisted in "his" mod.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Opposed for the reasons I said previously, except this time he has 50 posts not 49.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Features
    Completo Revisione Battlefield Graphic Environment Overhaul
    High Quality Environments that distinguish from both Empire and Napoleon, New Textures that stretch for the entire landscapes of the world,
    High Dynamic vegetation with new added textures, Higher Quality Mesh rendering for a increased field of view, Remastered Dynamic Lighting Quality

Completo Revisione Campiagn Graphic Environment Overhaul
    Remastered Campaign Lighting Quality that is more uniquely dynamic each entering of the new season, Higher Resolution Textures for every corner of the earth,
    Increased Mesh rendering Quality for a increased field of view, Region Specific Architecture that gives a taste of each civilization's culture

Completo Revisione Post Processing Graphics Overhaul
    Advanced Post Processing of Depth of Field for a high quality DOF, Battlefield Color Layer Post Processing that brings a realistic color scheme to the battlefield,
    Campaign Color Layer Post Processing that brings a 18th century color pattern for a better graphic experience
    Premise: I dont want to diminish the applicant's efforts in any way. BUT, we're arguing semantics here. Repeating the same phrase with different words does not make the work bigger.
    "Remastered Campaign Lighting Quality that is more uniquely dynamic each entering of the new season" ... what does this even mean?
    I downloaded the mod now, and I dont see any "post processing" effect being used. The fx folder, which contains the actual post processing information (shaders) is not present. He did modify some textures, and some of those are bound to the latter stages of post processing, but its not nearly enough to quality as a complete work. There are no tables in this package, which means that the seasonal effects are merely cosmetic with no variation added. Including the fabled lighting.

But dont take my word for it, lets see some evidence. Let us confront the actual "environment" files, which govern the lighting, between vanilla Napoleon and this overhaul. I took the liberty to confront the files with WinMerge, a popular program to see if files have differences in them. Sorry if the message is in Italian, its my native language. It just says that "the files are identical".

Summer:

Winter:

Default campaign lighting \ environment:

So as you can see this is all the same as Napoleon's vanilla files. Anyone could just drag and drop them and have them working in ETW because they use the same format, however, it does require a little more effort to actually change them at all, something the applicant didnt do.

So, taken away this supposed accomplishment, what are we left with? Textures imported from other mods, sure maybe even modified, but still very little.

Make of this what you will colleagues, but I think it is proof enough. I stand by my statement, I'm opposed.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Premise: I dont want to diminish the applicant's efforts in any way. BUT, we're arguing semantics here. Repeating the same phrase with different words does not make the work bigger.
    "Remastered Campaign Lighting Quality that is more uniquely dynamic each entering of the new season" ... what does this even mean?
    I downloaded the mod now, and I dont see any "post processing" effect being used. The fx folder, which contains the actual post processing information (shaders) is not present. He did modify some textures, and some of those are bound to the latter stages of post processing, but its not nearly enough to quality as a complete work. There are no tables in this package, which means that the seasonal effects are merely cosmetic with no variation added. Including the fabled lighting.

But dont take my word for it, lets see some evidence. Let us confront the actual "environment" files, which govern the lighting, between vanilla Napoleon and this overhaul. I took the liberty to confront the files with WinMerge, a popular program to see if files have differences in them. Sorry if the message is in Italian, its my native language. It just says that "the files are identical".

Summer:

Winter:

Default campaign lighting \ environment:

So as you can see this is all the same as Napoleon's vanilla files. Anyone could just drag and drop them and have them working in ETW because they use the same format, however, it does require a little more effort to actually change them at all, something the applicant didnt do.

So, taken away this supposed accomplishment, what are we left with? Textures imported from other mods, sure maybe even modified, but still very little.

Make of this what you will colleagues, but I think it is proof enough. I stand by my statement, I'm opposed.
    Thanks you for this. This is the extensive research of old .
    I'm going to oppose.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Sirlion is being disingenuous because he gave proper credit to those that assisted in "his" mod.
    Based on what Sirlion said earlier. Did OreoMan32 credit the original author for the dead mod or did he not credit the original author?

If he didn't credit the original author for the dead mod then this application should be marked as abandoned IMO.

I've changed my mind and it requires a lot of evidence before I can even consider to support this application. Opposed!

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I always hate to oppose citizenship applications, the more when I'm not completely sure about them, since modding isn't my field.. ; many thanks to Sirlion for putting in his input and he makes me linger for an opposition actually, but if possible I'd be grateful if a couple more modders could weigh in and express their opinion (since this application is exclusively related to modding contributions, a clarification about their quality is somewhat a must, IMO). .so I'll abstain for the moment being
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Against. I'm sorry but a compilation of previously released mods made by others and a dead mod with a simple reskin do not cut it in my book. the spirit is there but there's too little to back it up.
    He needs to at least put out a completely original work with a little more substance to it. It doesn't have to be amazing but it should demonstrate that he's got a true will to learn a new set of skills.
    It's a step in the right direction to be sure. Let him continue like this and have him show what he's capable of himself.
    Let's be honest, in the warscape era most "graphical" or "unit" mods out there are simplistic tweaks to the code (not even the actual mesh) for models to begin with or at best retextures. I disagree that he hasn't done more, although there are perhaps one or two better candidates that come to my mind right now he seems to pass. The desire is there and the will to be part of a community.

Completely original work isnt necessarily a historical requirement or indicative of being ready for artifex. I'd say being an artifex isnt solely about what you made, it's also the will to be part of something bigger. Hes got the drive to join a mod team and help make a true mod, and I'd like to see that happen. We have awarded beta testers Artifex, and in my opinion actually making something means hes more deserving than those.

I support him, and if he sees this, keep it up.
    Last edited by z3n; May 18, 2020 at 11:03 AM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

In the interests of expanding membership with the willing and able, support.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Completely original work isnt necessarily a historical requirement or indicative of being ready for artifex. I'd say being an artifex isnt solely about what you made, it's also the will to be part of something bigger. Hes got the drive to join a mod team and help make a true mod, and I'd like to see that happen. We have awarded beta testers Artifex, and in my opinion actually making something means hes more deserving than those.
    Really? Awarded beta testers as Artifex? I thought the title actually meant something, then this was my mistake, I apologize. Based on what you say, by all means, promote half of the forum Artifex, if this is the policy.

He can join a mod team and help make a true mod even without being Artifex, and then after more accomplishments have been shown, then he can become one.
    My Mods and Projects

Moderator Emeritus

By all means if you feel there's someone else who had a more significant major contribution to that forum than him, why don't you become their patron? 25% of the people who became Artifex within the past year and a half were proposed by me.

Perhaps your view of what significant learning experiences and contributions are is clouded by time and an increase in skill.

edit:
    Although it belatedly occurs that there may be issues with the permission since he didn't attribute the authors properly. I'm going to abstain until that's figured out.
    Last edited by z3n; May 18, 2020 at 02:40 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    edit:
    Although it belatedly occurs that there may be issues with the permission since he didn't attribute the authors properly. I'm going to abstain until that's figured out.
    I think this application can be closed and archived due for not crediting the Empire Realism team since he released a submod for ER. The only contribution there is left for this application is the mod for R2TW and that's way too thin.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Only the patron or applicant can decide that at this point. Not the Triumvirate.

Even though you raise a valid point. At this point the applicant has extremely little flesh on his bones so to say.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Uhm...

I appreciate you bringing fresh blood forward Pike, and I appreciate Oreo wanting citizenship. However, the download link to his mod is removed, so there is literally nothing to pass judgement on.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Only the patron or applicant can decide that at this point. Not the Triumvirate.

Even though you raise a valid point. At this point the applicant has extremely little flesh on his bones so to say.
    In this case neither parton or the applicant can decide if this application is valid, because from my point of view it violates the ToS. Which means that only the Praefects or Primus Praefect can decide that.

First, I would like to Sirlion for his outstanding research on the matter. The area in modding is not in my expertise or I have not looked into it myself. I relied solely on the comments made by his mod by other modders and on the testimony of the modder himself to determine the viability of his application.

oreoman32 is indeed an outstanding person. Yesterday i asked him for clarification on what Sirlion asserted. This morning I received promising PMs from him.

He voluntarily took down the mod in question and has pledged to work more diligently on creating first rate mods.

To answer someone's question about giving credit, he did
    Credits
    This mod would not have been possible without the teams and modders who contributed to this mod. Keep in mind Completo Revisione is a compilation of mods and full permission is given to re-upload it's contents on the condition that you mention the mod and the people who have contributed to this mod. The teams and contributors who helped follows; Special Thanks to Lord Smith, The Darth Mod Empire Team, The Imperial Splendour Team, The Napoleon Total War III realism mod team, and Creative assembly's Napoleon Total War Team
    He has "updated" his mod (here) but given the circumstances and his wishes, I will withdraw the application for now and wait until has something more his "own." I believe his character in time will speak our standards of citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoMan32
    After consideration, ..... I will prove myself with other projects. Until then I shall keep modding till I am worthy
    Bravo

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Thread locked and archived at OP request.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan