Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [VoNC] Akar

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: [VoNC] Akar

I just supplied you with irrefutable proof of Akars stupidity innocence. That guy is so innocent and such a believer in the sanctity of the curia he even knifed me, ME!!!, in the back when I applied for citizenship. There's really nothing left to be said anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Hi this is Akar on his alt, ggggtotalwarrior. I hereby deny the allegations.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Perhaps the Consul should put an end to this whole farce now, and hopefully in the future people will avoid crying wolf and making false allegations against others.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Perhaps the Consul should put an end to this whole farce now, and hopefully in the future people will avoid crying wolf and making false allegations against others.
    On the basis of what?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

On the basis of Cookie literally providing evidence in Akar’s favor and Akar denying the allegations you’re running with and you for some reason requiring Akar to come in and deny the allegations again before you’ll let it go despite him having literally already done that in this very thread. What exactly would be a sufficient denial for you?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Citizen

On what basis do you want to keep this going? Either you treat me and Caligula as unreliable, in which case you have nothing against Akar, or you treat us as reliable, in which case you have no grounds to ignore the proof for Akar's innocence.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    On the basis of Cookie literally providing evidence in Akar’s favor and Akar denying the allegations you’re running with and you for some reason requiring Akar to come in and deny the allegations again before you’ll let it go despite him having literally already done that in this very thread. What exactly would be a sufficient denial for you?
    Lol that screenshot is barely relevant at all. All it proves is that Akar might not have realised Cookiegod was not a Citizen, in a discussion that, given the dates involved, was completely unrelated to those in the OP. It doesn't prove that Akar was otherwise ignorant of, or familiar with, the Magistrate requirements.

On what basis do you want to keep this going? Either you treat me and Caligula as unreliable, in which case you have nothing against Akar, or you treat us as reliable, in which case you have no grounds to ignore the proof for Akar's innocence.
    You came in to participate in Caligula's trolling, so yes, you are unreliable, sorry.

I don't have anything against Akar. I just want him to clarify exactly what he denies. It's a pretty easy, inoffensive question, given all that has happened so far; Akar didn't deny the screenshots were real initially. He said he was joking about blackmail, and that's never been doubted by me. He did not clarify that he did not know Commodus was ineligible, and "joked" twice on the subject in the screenshots provided. If he didn't know, then he didn't check either, which is a clerical error. If he did know, then he just ignored it and ignored the Constitution.

I don't know why you guys are so bent on me dropping this before Akar answers a simple question. Just let it play out when he has the time to reply.
    Last edited by Frunk; May 18, 2020 at 03:10 AM.

Citizen

Lol how could he have been unawares of me being a pleb given that he opposed it and given how I've trolled him with it constantly ever since. You're scrambling for unlikely, to not say impossible scenarios and you know it.

Moderator Emeritus

Then perhaps he was joking, and if he was that might suggest he is not, in fact, ignorant. I don't know, or care. It's not relevant to the discussions in the OP and it's not proof either way. Nothing is proof of anything, either way. Again, pretty easy thing for Akar to straighten out, but you guys are welcome to keep banging your heads against the wall until he does. He didn't claim it was all BS at the start. He and Cope seemed to react rather seriously to it all, and fair enough too, which they wouldn't do if the screenshots were just fake. And I don't care if they were jokes or not. It's not about the jokes or the blackmail or any of that. It's just about whether or not he actually knew Commodus was ineligible.
    Last edited by Frunk; May 18, 2020 at 03:17 AM.

Campidoctor

The mob demands blood.
    To the scaffold with him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Can we make a poll to call on the Consul and the primus praefect to put an end to this?

Seriously, it isn't the censors job to check eligibility, but the Consul. We are cooking the wrong goose. If there is a goose to cook.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

You cannot just close a proposal at whim, neither the Consul nor the Praefects.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Icon4 Re: [VoNC] Akar

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    The mob demands blood.
    To the scaffold with him!!!
    Nah, truth and justice are all people seek. There must be proper investigation into Akar's wrongdoings and the attempts to cover up this matter by Pike, Legio and cookiegod.

I just supplied you with irrefutable proof of Akars stupidity innocence.
    Is this how you'd plead for the orange man?

Citizen

Whatever ambiguity might have applied in the beginning, this thread is now very obviously a frivolous VoNC in breach of the constitution. You don't VoNC someone simply to ask a question. You need factual grounds and arguments, not just a "He wasn't specific enough in his denial so this is still valid and even though we have proof from an even later date that he was unaware of the eligibility rules until then, that doesn't count, even though it's from the same source that I'm building my VoNC on."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Constitution
    A VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority[10]
    [10]Frivolous use of this procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

It is true the OP is rather frivolous at the beginning, but as it's revealed bit by bit in the process that now we have several suspects, most of them very senior members (= long term politicians) and influential residents in TD Discord. Is it not obvious there is a group attempting something on TWC, something very sophisticated and evil?

Also all discord chat history before May 17 11PM Finnish time has been wiped out, including a wet cat photo which I was going to supplement as proof of cat's natural evilness - and the accused Akar harbors one, not surprisingly!

This whole matter is beyond one person and one VoNC. I call for a task force be formed to interrogate everyone involved.
    Last edited by AqD; May 18, 2020 at 04:23 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Opposed. No hurt done really.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

No, I did not know Commodus was ineligible for the position of Magistrate. As I have said numerous times this is clearly a joke taken out of context and I wouldn't think it was worthy of a response if not for the four pages of arguing about it. I was not unaware of Commodus' ineligibility until shortly before Caligula made his VONC threads. I have no idea if the screenshots are real or fake, I have no reason to believe they aren't real though just that they are simply intentionally taken out of context. I think both sides of this need to take a step back and reevaluate things from a less emotional view point. There's no need for calls to immediately close things down, and I reject the assertion that the VONC is frivolous. It is not Frunk's fault for extrapolating misleading evidence from an intentionally misleading screenshot. That's the entire purpose of a misleading screenshot. I don't think this has risen to the level of a frivolous VONC, simply because Frunk has honest intent to discover the truth, unlike the original posters of the VONCs.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Moderator Emeritus

Akar, thank you for taking the time to reply and for also remaining kind and understanding. Yes, all I have wanted is the truth and your word is more than good enough for me. I accept that the screenshots may have been framed to be misleading and thus lack all the necessary context, and that they do not prove anything; I never said they did, I just wanted to know if they did.

If anyone feels this has been frivolous, you know what to do. For my part, though, Akar's word is what I was after and, given only one other Citizen has supported taking it further and many more members have opposed, I withdraw this Vote of No Confidence. Curial Officers, please archive at your leisure.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

No hard feelings Frunk and as I said before you're always welcome to join the discord server and hang out with us (as is anyone who reads this message). Given the evidence you had at hand initiating this VONC was the right thing to do, and given the evidence at hand I believe withdrawing it was also the right thing to do.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm glad to see this resolve as such, though I very much agree that this shouldn't be deemed a frivolous referral.

Closed and archived
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234