Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [VoNC] Akar

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default [VoNC] Akar

it I'll come clean. I happened to notice that Commodus had somehow gotten through as Magistrate without the pre-reqs so I decided to piss off Akar and Cope and stir . It got a bit out of control.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 17, 2020 at 08:13 AM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: [VoNC] Akar

It is with a heavy heart after considering all alternatives that I have to support.
    This is not an easy decision to make, but the only one my consciousness allowed me to make.

It is true that Akar and cope are at the center of an entrenched group that is trying to take over the forum, as they have admitted multiple times. They are not above changing the constitutions as they go along, spamming citizen applications to get their people in, whilst blocking morally upright applicants whom they know they cannot control.
    The time to say no is now, or we will soon be powerless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Edit, well I see I have to retract my earlier statement.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 17, 2020 at 06:44 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I think this was pretty clearly a joke between myself and Cope. Not to mention I don't really understand why this wasn't brought forward by you sooner if you actually thought this was worth bringing forward. It's probably worth noting that this is a chat with 50+ people in it, including multiple forum moderators and hex. If this was really a plot to blackmail someone or break the rules it would be laughable to carry it out in such a place and there would likely be evidence outside of a passing joke.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    I've subsequently been informed that both Akar and Cope have breached their duties as Censor and Praefect respectively, and therefore I am bringing a VoNC against them both.

On the 2nd of May, a mere 4 hours after CommodusIV applied for the Magistrates position, Akar and Cope both talked about this and admitted that they knew he was not eligible for the position, but wouldn't do anything to stop the process because they wanted to "blackmail" him. The application thread remained open for another 2 days, plenty of time for either of them to tell CommodusIV that he was not eligible.
    They also had a 6 to 9 days before CommodusIV was actually voted in as a Magistrate, during which they could have raised the issue and ended the vote.
    Even if this VoNC(s) is valid I need to ask. Why didn't you raise a VoNC against both of them the 4th of May, directly after the elections of CommundusIV as a Magistrate was closed?

Bringing it up now only creates more drama than it is necessary. Opposed!

Besides, I've already informed Akar about OreoMan32's incomplete citizen application.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Hmm, I must have missed the memo stating that it is in fact April first today.

There is a fine line between being amusing and being annoying.
    They're both Curial Officers who let a Magistrate application go ahead despite knowing that the applicant didn't meet the minimum requirements. If they can't be trusted to uphold something this basic, how can they be trusted to perform their other Curial duties.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

So is it true, Akar, that you realised Commodus wasn't eligible and let him be elected anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Even if this VoNC(s) is valid I need to ask. Why didn't you raise a VoNC against both of them the 4th of May, directly after the elections of CommundusIV as a Magistrate was closed?

Bringing it up now only creates more drama than it is necessary. Opposed!
    Because I didn't even know about it until an hour ago, when one of them brought it up. Its a Discord with 50+ people in it, I don't read every single message especially the ones people send when I'm asleep (this one was at 5am).

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    So is it true, Akar, that you realised Commodus wasn't eligible and let him be elected anyway?

No, it's not.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Those screens are genuine and anyone can see them in the Discord. Including the dates.

To slander people and accuse them of faking evidence is worthy of a VoNC in itself

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Because I didn't even know about it until an hour ago, when one of them brought it up. Its a Discord with 50+ people in it, I don't read every single message especially the ones people send when I'm asleep (this one was at 5am).
    That's not a valid argument for a VoNC against Akar regarding a citizen application, in fact that's actually the patron's responsible to check plus seek out a Moderation Overseer for moderation clearance.

But I agree, the VoNC against Akar regarding CommundusIV's Magistrate election has a point.

I don't think I have seen more than 2 VoNC's at the same time, so I think Hader is needed here just to make sure things and produceres follows the constitution. Which means that we need to have a new elected Consul (not me I hope ) along with new appointed Censors and 2-3 Magistrates.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    That's not a valid argument for a VoNC against Akar regarding a citizen application, in fact that's actually the patron's responsible to check plus seek out a Moderation Overseer for moderation clearance.

But I agree, the VoNC against Akar regarding CommundusIV's Magistrate election has a point.
    I'm not VoNCing Akar for the Citizenship application stuff.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone has slandered or accused anyone of faking evidence. The only allegations being made here are by you and Caligula.

Moderator Emeritus

Replying here as Cope as Praefect isn't directly involved in elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    No, it's not.
    You are free to dismiss this as frivolous and not take it seriously, but that doesn't mean the rest of us will. I'd like to hear a little bit more explanation from you, if you wouldn't mind, as to how it isn't true.

The timeline occurs to me:

About 2 hours ago: Caligula posts a(n invalid) VoNC for Commodus. The ineligibility is realised and wheels start spinning to correct it, so far so good.
    About 1.5 hours ago: This thread appears, wanting to change eligibility requirements. Equally timely, and interesting.
    About 30 minutes ago: These VoNCs appear and Commodus is removed as Magistrate.

So, there was clearly an error in his election. And there is "clearly" a screenshot where someone asks about eligibility and you reply immediately after. So what am I missing?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    It was mentioned in passing and I don't think I checked the rules or have any reason to believe that was the actual case or else I wouldn't have continued with the electoral process. Honestly I don't even remember this conversation until Caligula brought it up over two weeks later. I have no idea why he didn't bring it to our attention when he first noticed it rather than just screenshoting it.

It was a joke about the ridiculous of blackmailing someone for this thing, not about his ineligibility which I was at the time not aware of.
    And is it not part of your mandate to check both the rules and then the eligibility? I would have thought that that is the job.
    Last edited by Frunk; May 17, 2020 at 07:25 AM. Reason: bad typo: "is it", not "it's", and a missing "?"

removed
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 17, 2020 at 07:37 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

The silence is deafening...

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

They're both Curial Officers who let a Magistrate application go ahead despite knowing that the applicant didn't meet the minimum requirements. If they can't be trusted to uphold something this basic, how can they be trusted to perform their other Curial duties.
    I initially thought you were joking, but this time in a place that isn't suited for it at all. I still would have thought so, had Akar not confirmed that they knew that CommodusIV was not eligible. That is real evidence I can't ignore. That's why I retracted the statement I made earlier as soon as it became clear to me that this sadly is not a joke.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 17, 2020 at 07:48 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Motion withdrawn.

Athelstan or Brewster should probably be the ones to lock and archive the thread, since they've got no skin in the game.

Moderator Emeritus

This is utterly pathetic, Caligula.

it, they're friends and I was doing it solely to annoy them. I didn't realise they actually enjoyed being Censors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast