Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Amendment] Curial Officer Requirements

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default [Amendment] Curial Officer Requirements

I am proposing an amendment to the constitution, specifically the part regarding the requirements for holding Curial office. Currently the Constitution reads as follows,

Quote Originally Posted by Old
    Applicants for Curial offices must meet the minimum requirements of the position:

• Consul - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least one month
    • Censor - citizenship for at least one month; cannot have received a Curial Warning for at least one month and must not have any active moderation warnings
    • Primus Praefect - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least six months. Must have verifiable experience in staff moderation for three months, and/or Tribunal experience either as a Tribune or having served at least two terms as Magistrate.
    • Praefect - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Modertaion Warning for at least three months; must not be a current staff moderator or tribune.
    • Magistrate - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least six months; must not be a current staff moderator or tribune.
    I propose reduction of the citizenship limits to the following,

Quote Originally Posted by New
    Applicants for Curial offices must meet the minimum requirements of the position:

• Consul - citizenship for at least one month; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least one month
    • Censor - citizenship for at least one month; cannot have received a Curial Warning for at least one month and must not have any active moderation warnings
    • Primus Praefect - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least six months. Must have verifiable experience in staff moderation for three months, and/or Tribunal experience either as a Tribune or having served at least two terms as Magistrate.
    • Praefect - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Modertaion Warning for at least three months; must not be a current staff moderator or tribune.
    • Magistrate - citizenship for at least one month; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least six months; must not be a current staff moderator or tribune.
    Last edited by Akar; May 17, 2020 at 05:28 AM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: [Amendment] Curial Officer Requirements

Opposed even if the current VoNC situation wasn't going on at the moment.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 17, 2020 at 05:31 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I can't support this proposal, as the magistrate has the same rights as a tribune.

So i would expect some more experience as 1 month.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I can't support this proposal, as the magistrate has the same rights as a tribune.

If this amendment was proposed before Hader's Order 66 then I would oppose, but since the Censor position now days effectively replaced the Curator's Assisants then things are different now.

Support with one exception. If the current requirement for the Consul are the same as it is today.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 17, 2020 at 05:52 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The only thing that puts me in a qualifying rung for any of those is the fact I was avidly following the curia for some time before.

Theoretically this is just fine. If someone fits the exception above, they probably have two brain cells to clink, and citizenship itself is incredibly small as far as being enlightening. Gone are the days it has a real impact on someone's behavior or outlook, if they were ever significant.

If they don't fit the exception someone somewhere in the curia should point it out. Once someone makes the step, it rolls from there.

Then again, we got through with my shoddy application with only a belated 'but wait' from someone I thought was around at that time too, so... I call it a wait, see, and consider the above.

It's worth noting that the 'can't support' is interesting, as it has no vote anyways; support would be meaningless, only arguments would have an impact. Only supports or overwhelming oppositions make a difference when coming from people who add to the count, which the above doesn't change either by previous choice.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I'm going to support this. These things have been evolving for years. I believe you once needed to be a citizen for 6 months to be a Curator/Consul as example. It used to be so that a magistrate couldnt serve consecutive terms, we got rid of it and are now nominating someone for being a 4x consecutive magistrate. This is simply the next step in the evolvement of the Constitution. Why would we hold back someone who's not new to the site to evaluate moderation decisions? If you think an applicant is too newto citizenship or you think he'd be bad at it you can always vote for another candidate or no against his election.

Support.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I see that people here are ardent believers in the constitution and sticklers to the rules, until they become inconvenient. Is this the precedent we're seing here ? One well-entrenched group doing as they please and retroactively changing the rules when they get caught, and blocking the citizenship of any morally upright applicant whom they know they cannot control? It's 1933 all over again. :/

@Commodus: I have every right to post my opinion here and i don't "support" this proposal.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 17, 2020 at 06:26 AM.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I don't think he implied that you didn't rather that your support is the same as your lack of support given that you aren't a citizen. And since you have no technical vote, that the argument you make is more important than the promise of "support" or not. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    I see that people here are ardent believers in the constitution and sticklers to the rules, until they become inconvenient. Is this the precedent we're seing here ? One well-entrenched group doing as they please and retroactively changing the rules when they get caught, and blocking the citizenship of any morally upright applicant whom they know they cannot control? It's 1933 all over again. :/
    Akar and I discussed this three months ago already, if it isn't even longer than that. You make the mistake to assume this would be retroactively. Which is not possible.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    I'm surprised that wasn't evident sooner. Lower activity and a huge driving force of population being centralized and often in agreement with itself.

There's a good point to be made here, the durations involved are pretty piddly in the overall scope of the site, and the exception comes in pretty dang rarely. The entire thing is a transparent effort to keep someone in (who, me? naaaa). The kicker, people aren't often interested enough to use a very powerful counter to this - if the applicant clearly doesn't fit, address it and make a stink, as the curia does so well. Then there's the vote from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    @Commodus: I have every right to post my opinion here and i don't "support" this proposal.
    Never said you didn't. In fact, the opinion and its merits are the full extent of impact and the thing to focus on, though you're certainly free to leave it at your use of the one word even if doing so would result in it being rightfully discounted for its deliberate effort to not get counted by resigning citizenship.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Can we have some more formatting in the OP so it's more clear what is being changed. The Citizenship-time requirements for Consuls and Magistrates, right? If so, why this change? There is no explanation in the OP. Have I missed a discussion or issue elsewhere?

More meat, please.

EDIT: Well I clearly now have seen the other thread. Still, my requests about formatting remain.
    Last edited by Frunk; May 17, 2020 at 06:44 AM.

Never said you didn't. In fact, the opinion and its merits are the full extent of impact and the thing to focus on, though you're certainly free to leave it at your use of the one word even if doing so would result in it being rightfully discounted for its deliberate effort to not get counted by resigning citizenship.
    ...as the magistrate has the same rights as a tribune.

As the votes of the magistrates have the same weight as the votes of tribunes and regularily only former silver-mace-moderators or magistrates with one term will be appointed to tribunes, i expect more than one month citizenship to judge about me in tribunal.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...o-the-Tribunal

Commodus: Could you finally stop attacking me personal for not wishing to be citizen?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't think personal attacks mean what you think they mean. If they do, report them, and you will have the delicious irony of a just-former magistrate getting a whack from the hex or curial offices.

They are personal, as they do not attack the argument (1 month is not enough experience) but the poster ( evil citizenship refusenik).

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Alas, you've missed the point entirely. I merely comment about your frequent use of 'support' and encourage you to focus on the argument, rather than the far less usable statement that has no play in the system. You can take it or leave it, and if it is personal, I'm sure someone will be around to smite me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Can we have some more formatting in the OP so it's more clear what is being changed. The Citizenship-time requirements for Consuls and Magistrates, right? If so, why this change? There is no explanation in the OP. Have I missed a discussion or issue elsewhere?

More meat, please.

EDIT: Well I clearly now have seen the other thread. Still, my requests about formatting remain.
    As far I can tell, this amendment is basically about changing the requirements for the Consul position from three months to one month (read the first line in the Old vs the New quote), which I think shouldn't be to changed due for the responsibilites a Consul has.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    As far I can tell, this amendment is basically about changing the requirements for the Consul position from three months to one month (read the first line in the Old vs the New quote), which I think shouldn't be to changed due for the responsibilites a Consul has.
    Inclined to agree, and the role of Magistrate is equally important.

Strongly opposed.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Was this in the constitution before?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Was this in the constitution before?
    Yes it was. Check the last line in both the Old and New quote in the OP.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast