Thread: VoNC - CommodusIV

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default VoNC - CommodusIV

Unfortunately, I have to bring a Vote of No Confidence against CommodusIV. This is because he does not meet the minimum requirements to be a Magistrate.

Section II, Regulation & Procedures Note 3 says that
    Applicants for Curial offices must meet the minimum requirements of the position:
    • Magistrate - citizenship for at least three months

CommodusIV became a Citizen on March 10th (at least he did in my timezone). This is calculated by being 5 days from the day the poll was made, as in accordance with Section I, Regulations & Procedures Note 5 which says that
    After a two day discussion period the Consul adds a poll lasting five days.

CommodusIV became a Magistrate on May 8th, 10th or 11th. I'm not sure because the poll was made on May 4th, and the poll should have ended on May 8th as per Section II, Regulation & Procedures Note 5 which says that
    Votes on resolutions last one week, votes on elections last four days.
    However Turkafinwe commented "voted" on the 10th, which suggests that the poll may have been for 7 days (which would be contrary to the Constitution).

Either way, the time between March 10 and May 11 is still only 2 months. This is 1 month short of the 3 month requirement, and therefore CommodusIV is constitutionally not allowed to be a Magistrate and should be removed immediately.

I trust that the Curial officers, and Akar in particular, will support this VoNC especially given Akar's ardent adherence to the Constitution as seen in his diligence in archiving a Citizenship application where the applicant did not meet the proper requirements.

I also hope that Hex will look at any Tribunal decisions CommodusIV has taken part in, and ensure that they are reversed so that members of TWC have not been unjustly affected.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 17, 2020 at 05:56 AM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Default Re: VoNC - CommodusIV

This is out of the merit of a VonC but a valid point nonetheless. Which needs adressing but the fact remains that you cannot VonC CommodusIV for this.

Cookiegod's Avatar Primicerius

We either have rules or anarchy. It is of utmost importance that the leadership follow the same rules as the rest of us, lest they seem like hypocrites.
    Personally I feel sickened by the people yet again spitting in the face of our most sacred treasure, the constitution.
    Support.
    Last edited by Cookiegod; May 17, 2020 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Section II, Article III says that VoNC's can be made against any
    Curial Officer or Staff Member; and
    A VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority and, if successful against a Curial Officer, results in their immediate removal from office.

So you're right that it doesn't strictly fall into the categories of "neglect of duty" or "abuse of authority".
    Instead his entire appointment should be rendered void ab initio, as though it never happened. Regardless, the VoNC process is the best way of achieving it.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 17, 2020 at 06:07 AM.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Blog Entries

These allegations do not meet the minimum requirements for a VonC.

A VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority
    Magistrates are terminated by a unanimous vote of the Tribunes.
    If these allegations are correct, this is a situation that should be handled by the Tribunes, not in this medium.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temerand Cope

Imperator Majora's Avatar Wub.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well, there's certainly been no harm done yet, and neither is there any particular defense one can muster to the matter of dates. If we wish to take this procedure more seriously - certainly, far more than we did for my election process - then I will accept the honor of being the shortest term tribunal member in history.

Per above though, this does appear to be the discretion of other parties now.

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    the VoNC process is the best way of achieving it.
    Except it isn't because it's not a valid way and thus cannot and will not go to the voting stage. The Consul will establish contact with the Tribunes and probably Hex to settle this affair.

Cookiegod's Avatar Primicerius

Wasn't the consul involved in the scheme that knowingly pushed a candidate they knew didn't fit the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Right. This was fun, a valid point was raised and it will be handled. Next time please send a pm and avoid a public witch hunt. On behalf of the triumvirate I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Thread closed and archived.