Thread: [Artifex] OreoMan32 (Patron: PikeStance)

Default [Artifex] OreoMan32 (Patron: PikeStance)

OreoMan32 : Artifex
    Patron: PikeStance

Hear me, For I have you a delightful modder. A modder who has added a new "vision" to the game Empire Total War. His name, none other than Oreoman32. This is a modder who has created a simple mod in the past for Rome II, but has since returned to the Total War genre to bless us with a graphic enhancing mod, not just for the general public but also for those that play overhauls as well. A modder that puts community first. A Modder of unquestion politeness and consideration. A modder we should be proud to have one of us.

Here is the link to a previous mod for Rome II:
    This is the link to his graphic enhancement mod. HERE

A Little Eye candy
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My story to the Total War center spans for almost 2 years, but in those 2 years, I have gained so much knowledge that I owe to this very active and helpful community. In 2015 I played a lot of Battlefield and nothing else, I soon had enough of it and quit. When browsing the web for good war games I stumble upon Empire Total War, I instantly fell in love with the history the game shares, the time period, the art, the war, it was wonderful. But the game required a lot to work on, and being an old game, no developer was going to fix it. I wanted more, to see Empire grow into a new game, and not the buggy mess the developers left it. I soon found the Total War Center and Darthmod. I was amazed about how a team of people could edit a mod so complex, and I wanted to be a modder.

I first started editing DB files in Rome Total War II, since fighting is easier to learn than how to shoot. And I first released my mod to the Steam community and Total War Center, and people liked it. I would log on daily after getting back from school to read people's feedback and their suggestions. I would edit the mod almost to the middle of the night and making changes faster than the comments rolled in. The community was nice, and even though I had much to learn they were helpful. Linking me to sites to help me to improve my modding skills This is why I want to give back to the. I want to make beautiful mods that serve the community as they had served me. Fast forward a couple of busy years and I have returned to Empire, this time to change it.

I first started with the question of improving the graphics, then I get the idea of combing all the great overhauls of Empire Total War graphics and making it into one mod the community could enjoy. Now I am back to those years after school, checking the comments daily and replying and helping those with questions, as payback for to thanks those that had helped me with my first mod.

I have further ambitions to serve, recently I have been studying magnar mod tutorials on 3D modeling, and my knowledge of making new skins will expand, and who knows what that would bring. I hope to serve and become part of this community, the community that helped spring my interest which is now my favorite passion: modding

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] OreoMan32 (Patron: PikeStance)

One mod and less than 50 posts does not an Artifex make. He's on the right track but in my opinion he's still a good bit away.

A modder that puts community first
    I've looked through his posts and I don't really see him interacting with the community at all.

A Modder of unquestion politeness and consideration
    He has 49 posts, I think it's a bit early to start calling that. The vast majority of his posts aren't even directed at others, so I don't understand either of these two points.

I'm glad to see new people contribute to the community but I don't think this guy is anywhere near ready for an Artifex just yet.

Opposed.

edit: You might consider withdrawing this nomination and instead proposing the applicant for a Bronze 501st award. I think that might be more appropriate for this level of contribution.
    Last edited by Cope; May 17, 2020 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Off topic removed

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Looks like a fine applicant. Support.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    He has 49 posts, I think it's a bit early to start calling that. The vast majority of his posts aren't even directed at others, so I don't understand either of these two points.
    According to TWC Wiki, the applicant must have 50 posts and been registered for two months.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    edit: You might consider withdrawing this nomination and instead proposing the applicant for a Bronze 501st award. I think that might be more appropriate for this level of contribution.
    No, he has more than a few mods. he has added the graphic enhancements to a few overhaul mods in addition to offering for vanilla use. he also has on "record" one Rome 2 mod.

My Slave Trade mod is more than one mod. I spent hours making it compatible with several ETW overhaul mods. That mod, minus a trick I used to get it to work, was a simple to do. Graphic changes are more involved.

I do not know what you mean by no interaction with others. I have read several discussion with other members.
    Last edited by Cope; May 17, 2020 at 02:18 AM.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Leonardo.

I'm going to lock this post and move it to the archive.

Please feel free to resubmit your application when the applicant meets the proper requirements.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan