Thread: Garrison rework

Default Garrison rework

After playing WH1 I really liked how garrisons felt and thought it would be cool if I could do something similar with shogun 2 and its garrisons. So objectively I set out to rework garrisons to make them more interesting by adding garrisons to all buildings to add flavour but still fit thematically and without being super overpowered. But, I noticed all garrison mods currently out on the steam workshop only add to the garrisons by adding existing units known in the table editors as units with the _citizentry tag. In another table, units, there is a column where you enable armed citizenry? If anyone has any advice to offer regarding tweak id be greatful. some ideas for mod so far please excuse poor format

base
    1 2sr
    2 2sr 1ys 1yb
    3 2sr 1onna 1ys 1yb
    4 3sr 1onna 2ys 2yb
    5 4sr 2onna 2ys 2yb
    road
    2 1ys
    3 1ys
    4 1ys 1marathonmonk

farm
    2 1yb
    3 1yb
    4 1yb

ship
    2 1yb
    3 1yb
    nanban 1terco 1import
    4 1wb 1wp
    5 1wb 2wp

spear
    1 1ys
    2 1yarispear 1nagninata
    3 1yarispear 1nagninata 1benkei
    4 1yarispear 1nagninata 1benkei 1yarihero

siege
    1 1firebomb
    2 1matchash
    3 1matchsam
    4 1matchsam 1takitaka 1monkmatch

temple
    1 1wrn
    2 1wrn 1bwm
    3 1swm 1bwm 1wrn
    4 1bwm 1swm 1wr 1naginatawarriormonkhero

sword
    1 1loansword
    2 1loansword 1nod
    3 1loan 1nod 1seigen
    4 1loan 1nod 1khero 1seigen

sake den
    2 1ninja
    3 1ninja 1goze
    4 1ninja 1goze 1 hanzo

market
    1 1ys
    2 1spearsam
    3 1tadakatsu 1ys
    4 1tadakatsu 1ys 1spearsam

piratefort
    2bw 2kw

armourer
    bulletproof

timber
    siege units

gold
    katana wako
    generals bodyguard
    great guard

Default Re: Garrison rework

The warhammer system is cool, but for warhammer. Putting heroes in garrisons seems super op. If it means anything to you, I wouldn't put a garrison for virtually every building but only forts and military buildings. Your provinces will have massive garrisons that the AI might not be able to take (though that depends on the level of difficulty I suppose).

About the armed citizenry, I'm not sure really. There's a table specifically for garrisons iirc and you can just put whatever units you want there. And btw, use pack file manager for editing tables, it's super easy and simple.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Default Re: Garrison rework

Update on the mod!
    It basically changed from a garrison overhaul mod to a campaign overhaul sort of. A few campaign variables have been added along which a bunch of new skills. Ive been slacking on updates lately but ive been picking at it again lately and im planning to update it again around christmas. It requires all DLC to play.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2120998399
    Thanks for looking and all the help i got around the community.

One question though if I can ask the forum is im trying to get a ninja skill that provides silk and cotton but cannot get it too function correctly and im pretty sure some of the FOTS buffs dont function correctly for agents embedded in armies. If anyone notices any bugs let me know.