Thread: MEDIEVAL STONE WALL SETTLEMENTS ??

SirSapan's Avatar Laetus

Default MEDIEVAL STONE WALL SETTLEMENTS ??

Hi

Recently I played a few siege battles on the MK 1212 campaign map. And it was a little bit disappointing, regarding the fact that in the actuall year of 1358, still pallisade walls where there, instead of rock solid stone walls. It looked like a settlement in the early Rome and Greek ancient time period, instead at the more fitting medieval time period. I took also notice on the campaign map, where the settlements are visible as Citadels (small pics in the building slot descriptions).

I`ll show you here some pics for your better understanding what I mean. So you can see a clear difference between an Attila TW and for example a Conquerors Blade settlement.

Attila TW wooden wall settlement:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attila TW Sett 01.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	394.0 KB 
ID:	361611

Conquerors Blade stone wall settlement:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conqu Blade Sett 01.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	606.2 KB 
ID:	361612

Is it possible to replace those type of ancient wooden walled settlements with some medieval stone walled settlements? So that we really got the "feeling" that we`re entering a real Castle, Fortress or Citadel?

We need of course in addition to that stronger siege equipments. So in this case the "Early / Light" Battering Rams and Siege Towers will not more efficient enough. What we need instead are Trebuchets, Bombards, Canons, etc. to break through those strong walls!

There is another mod out there, the so called "1220 PG" (or so). As far as I know the moders installed mainly the settlements from the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" game inside their mod. Well I don`t know if they have the permission and rights to do that, but they did it quite successfully, and that`s a fact!

Please don`t get me wrong here. My intention is not to criticize something, it`s just to find out what`s possible and what not, and what the intention of the moders will be for the next time in near future!

By the way. I honestly say I`m finding this mod ONE OF THE BEST (if not THE BEST!) mod ever made for any Total War game outside there! So keep up the good work, what I (and of course many other historic game enthusiasts out there) highly appreciate!

Hopefully I`ll get an answer about my questions and suggestions one day...

Thanks

Bye
    Sir Sapan

"YES MY LORD!! YOU HAVE MY SWORD AND YOU HAVE MY SHIELD!! FOR HONOR AND GLORY!!

Default Re: MEDIEVAL STONE WALL SETTLEMENTS ??

Hope they eventually add Castles to campaign map.

SirSapan's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: MEDIEVAL STONE WALL SETTLEMENTS ??

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    Hope they eventually add Castles to campaign map.
    Yeah. Me too. So far I found at Dijon and at Caffa some stone walled settlements and Fort Towers. Too bad that at the the entering inside the most villages, when you coming closer to the so called "Chieftain House", you feel yourself in the wrong movie so to say! Because that all belongs to the wild Barbarian / Vikings area (at least in my opinion!)