Thread: Have Zones of Control been fixed?

Default Have Zones of Control been fixed?

Hello all!

I bought Warhammer 1 on release and stopped playing because I spent more time chasing around enemies who pass through my zones of control than anything else. It was a ridiculous experience that was far from fun, immersive or realistic. I think we all realized it was a broken experience when you could defend a mountain pass, only to have a Chaos army march right by and attack the nearly defenseless settlement behind you because enemies could pass through zones of control with an attack order.

Anyway, I'm ready to come back, purchase Warhammer 2 and start a Mortals Empire campaign, but before I spend my hard earned dollars on Warhammer 2 and regret it, has this been fixed? If not, hopefully it is on the list for Warhammer 3...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fallen851; May 13, 2020 at 06:09 PM.

Default Re: Have Zones of Control been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen851 View Post
    Hello all!

I bought Warhammer 1 on release and stopped playing because I spent more time chasing around enemies who pass through my zones of control than anything else. It was a ridiculous experience that was far from fun, immersive or realistic. I think we all realized it was a broken experience when you could defend a mountain pass, only to have a Chaos army march right by and attack the nearly defenseless settlement behind you because enemies could pass through zones of control with an attack order.

Anyway, I'm ready to come back, purchase Warhammer 2 and start a Mortals Empire campaign, but before I spend my hard earned dollars on Warhammer 2 and regret it, has this been fixed? If not, hopefully it is on the list for Warhammer 3...

Thanks!
    I am not sure what do you actually mean. There is the underway/ beast path ability that allows armies to move accross obstacles and avoid narrow passes in the mountains. There is also lightning attack ability that allows you to attack enemy army without them gaining any reinforcemens. And i think there is even skaven ambush attack ability that allows you to insta-ambush armies without the traditional ambush. Enemies cannot pass your zone of control, but if they are going have to fight they can choose a target in the bunch of your armies which one to target. But I don't think there is anything broken in the game regardin the area of control and I don't recall such a bug myself that I had ever encoutered.