Thread: Question about Poleis/Supervised Native Administration

Default Question about Poleis/Supervised Native Administration

So you can only build Local Colonies, when playing as Successors, if you go the Native Administration line. And you can't build the maximum level of Local Colony if the settlement has a Metropolis (but you can if it is a Minor or regular Polis).

So my big brain plan is, build a Minor Polis in a settlement, switch the government to Native Administration, build the local colony all the way to the max, switch the government to Hellenic Government (probably for good), and upgrade the poleis to metropolis.

I am playing on doing this because I noticed many of my periphery regions have got mediocre colony recruitment (up to second level, third level is just siege weapons), but everywhere seems to have a pretty good Metropolis recruitment (and not even counting the bonuses. Does it work like that?

Default Re: Question about Poleis/Supervised Native Administration

It would be very nice if a guide can be made about the Colony/Government/Settlement/Administration system of the factions explaining the pros and cons, as well as purposes and pre-requisites of the different administration/buildings and what are their trade off from one another... Eg, what effects or units to i gain or forgo by choosing one over another and how do they add up.. Be awesome if a historical rationale/basis could be provided as well.. Either in game or in the form of a guide..

I heartily agree with you @quertykov, and hope that with the next version the player guide gets a throughful revision. In its current state, it's a matter of trial and error to learn the inner workings of most factions.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    So my big brain plan is, build a Minor Polis in a settlement, switch the government to Native Administration, build the local colony all the way to the max, switch the government to Hellenic Government (probably for good), and upgrade the poleis to metropolis.
    Aside from it being a game-y thing to do, if you aren't in an already Greek region, you won't be able to get rel_h up to 70% without a reformed Hellenistic Colony. Which you won't be able to build with a Foreign Colony in place.