Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TrueGeneral: Aimless Steel

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TrueGeneral: Aimless Steel

In current version.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

ok thanks,keep up the great work!
    getting older

Still need feedback, negative is probably more likely. Seems that performance depends of mod EDU.

all i can tell is that i having great battles with your battle ai

edit;just got an battle were i could easely butcher 2 archer units with infantry units,as the archer unit was focus too much on his target and forget to retreat, when mine infantry unit charge on them and they even continue hitting their arrows to that target unit, even when mine infantry unit was fighting them in an mellee fight.your infantry units are behaving the best i have ever seen in an battle ai.

but in total your battle ai is very good and great and hard battles are been fighted,even more battles to come so i can say more.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; June 04, 2020 at 04:07 PM.
    getting older

just got one battle against two enemy armies from poland,they besieged mine city and then they attacked it(it is strange that the ai never keep the settlement under siege with more then one army,others the reinforces of the enemy could had ladders and rams

the head of the polish army did a good fight but was defeated on the walls,the reinforce army of the polish was moving but stopped moving his units suddenly and then did nothing they did not go for the ladders or did not go for the ram,i do not known why,i do not known if you can make changes to the ai battle files so you can save at the start of the battle and do some changes to see if it got anny effect, the field battles are good work from the ai,if now the reiforce army can climb on the ladders or take the ram to try destroy the gate it would be aweful,i remember that they did this in the early version of the really bad ai from germanicus(but am not sure annymore), but not anny more in the later versions and maybe vanilla ai did this to
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; June 09, 2020 at 03:04 PM.
    getting older

Thank you for playing! I have to mention you as official tester.

As for archers and sieges - these are known bugs and I'm working on it. Siege battles are part which I didn't modify in Alpha version. So I hope in Beta they gonna be better (got a motto right now - better hopes for bitterhowl).

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Still need feedback, negative is probably more likely. Seems that performance depends of mod EDU.
    This mod deserves more attention. Next time when I begin a campaign I will use your AI package if possible. If I got it right these are z3n's BAI and GrandViz's formations? What CAI are you using, maybe some of your own?

All the best,
    Dominik

Thanks for trying my stuff! As it said I used previous AI projects as a base but all of them have some changes.

As for CAI I suggest PiterAI with BeermugcarlAI 3.0 opening post tweaks. And I have to say that I made my own CAI for my Westeros project, it shows good results in hotseat testing, so I hope to make a version for Bellum Crucis and probably publish it.

Got a report that TrueGeneral works fine on BellumCrucis tactical battles.

Which part(s) of EDU matter as far as the performance of the AI is concerned?

Thanks for a question. Stat_charge_distance for infantry should be 5-10, for cavalry 30-45.

Skirmishers parameters in EDU from "Skirmish optimization" tutorial.

Damn, impressive work!!!

This mod definitely deserves more attention and collaboration. I would like to test it with EBII when I find the time.

Does M2TW Engine Overhaul Project bring more possibilities or potentialities to TG?

Thank you very much in advance, keep it up Cheers

Thanks for attention! I hope you already tried it saying it's impressive)

I advise to choose project without BAI scripts included for testing TG, because you have to disable them previously and some users are not experienced enough to do it right.

For mods without any BAI scripts it's just plug and play.

By some reasons which I'd like not to reveal here I'm not using M2TW EOP at all.

Thanks for attention! I hope you already tried it saying it's impressive)

I advise to choose project without BAI scripts included for testing TG, because you have to disable them previously and some users are not experienced enough to do it right.

For mods without any BAI scripts it's just plug and play.

By some reasons which I'd like not to reveal here I'm not using M2TW EOP at all.
    Haha No, not yet, I must confess my enthusiasm led me to write here, but it already impressed me (read all related threads to it, as far as I'm concerned) and want to test it as soon as I find the time... It's being few years since playing anything at all, but hopefully soon.

I remember that this issue was one of the main defects of M2TW battles in comparison to RTW for an ancient history mode like EBII. I can imagine how this could help fixing and improving phalanxes and making them as scary as before.

Ok, thanks for the tip! Your work is not forgotten or too late, not only but how promising it looks based on feedback but also thanks to CA not being able to still overcome M2TW in newer TW exploitable commercial games maximising their profits at whatever it costs.

Really sad to read that, there's so much potential in M2TW-EOP in combination with years of experience modding this game, and newer related ideas... Something russian related? The TWC community missed so much talent and sinergies already due to egos... Hopefully nothing serious, time will tell. Cheers!

Well, trying TG with EBII is a best way to be disappointed. Because my initial impulse wasn't about "Make phalanx great again". I just wanted to improve tactical part in my Westeros submod, and Westeros is about medieval timeframe.

EBII needs another formations, and I tried a little, we even had some tests on our local forum but results were poor.

bitterhowl your battle ai is really good the only thing about it,is the strange behavior of the archers,if the enemy comes close to them(archer or crossbow unit) they are react to slow and even heavy infantry can catch them and finish them of with melee weapons,is there a new version that can make them better react or what do i have to do to make them react faster?annyway the battle ai is a very difficult thing to change,manny already or getting crazy of it or just gave up,lol
    getting older

Thanks for your feedback. Well, archers are TruePain in the ass - my first aim in this Aimless project was making them more smart in defend battles and waiting for enemy in initial position in formation. But seems that all I did at the moment is break their normal reaction in melee. Because they still run towards coming enemy anyway.

I think I will upload next version soon, with archers fix. Now I'm making CAI tweaks for another project and have to say that CAI modding is much more clear thing to work with. z3n is TrueGenious with his great achievements about additional lines in BAI .xml.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; March 29, 2021 at 10:44 PM.

Hi,

How is this project going? Did you maybe make a CAI release as well?

Thanks for attention!

I'm going to include new BAI to upcoming Westeros release. There will also CAI too, but it customized for Westeros setting.

Last year I made CAI for local Russian version of BellumCrucis 6.3 and I healed Mongol invasion there and for some points campaign looks different now.

I made technical release of pre-alpha of Westeros submod on our local forum. If there's any progress in tactics I'll post it here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast