Thread: [Taksashila] What counts as heavy_horse for the reforms?

Default [Taksashila] What counts as heavy_horse for the reforms?

I did some snooping in the data folder, but it came up inconclusive. Which units count as heavy_horse towards the Taksashilan military reforms?

Default Re: [Taksashila] What counts as heavy_horse for the reforms?

I presume it is barded horses? Which, in EUBII, are basically just cataphracts, I suppose.

Oof, I was hoping it also encompasses other heavy cavalry units like Bactrian Medium Cavalry. Right now it's turn 130 and I still haven't fought any cavalry that meet your criteria. Guess I'll have to march into Sakan lands and Capture-Release their cataphract-containing armies until the end of time.

Any barded horses, not just cataphracts. Baktrian Mediums count.

I didn't know Mediums had baded horses, never really played there. But yeah, just check the unit, if the horse has barding, it counts as heavy cavalry, despite what the name says.

Huh, then I've already met the requirements for the reforms, but it won't fire. I've fought 4 battles against Baktrian Medium Cavalry, 4 battles against Saka Cataphracts, and 3 battles against Parthian Cataphracts/Bodyguards. Also I wiped out the Sakans, so the script should skip the Sakan battle check. Taksashila is independent. Am I missing anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Huh, then I've already met the requirements for the reforms, but it won't fire. I've fought 4 battles against Baktrian Medium Cavalry, 4 battles against Saka Cataphracts, and 3 battles against Parthian Cataphracts/Bodyguards. Also I wiped out the Sakans, so the script should skip the Sakan battle check. Taksashila is independent. Am I missing anything else?
    Did you fight all those battles on the battlemap?

Yes, although I heard somewhere that the requirements may be extremely strict. You have to be the attacker and the defending army has to have a family member. If so then I have yet to meet the requirements.

Well you don't have to win the battles, do you? Send a sacrifical FM, flee at battle start. I think it is unlikely he will get killed.