Thread: Changing the Legio for units

Default Changing the Legio for units

As we will be able to change the Legio naming of the units, thanks to youneuoy work, I would like to have your opinion on what name or names could we change it to.

Could it be something like Formation I + the city name or another definition. Or Army Group I.

Any idea?

Default Re: Changing the Legio for units

Could we tie it to the various feats of the general that recruited them?

Quote Originally Posted by BailianSteel View Post
    Could we tie it to the various feats of the general that recruited them?
    Nope, just the settlement. The current way only allows us to change the settlement name, so that units recruited would be named Legio I Roma, Legio II Roma, etc. Now, we can change the Legio to another thing, let's say like Army Group I Qart Hadasht or Army Group I Melqart

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

Where are you getting this from?

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    Where are you getting this from?
    The Engine Overhaul Project

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...erhaul-Project

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Wow, this looks promising! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully many of the potential ideas from the past can be implemented from now onwards without the old boundaries...

Nope, just the settlement. The current way only allows us to change the settlement name, so that units recruited would be named Legio I Roma, Legio II Roma, etc. Now, we can change the Legio to another thing, let's say like Army Group I Qart Hadasht or Army Group I Melqart
    Maybe we could name them after religious festivals then? Like the Olympics? Or after landmarks or other significant cities in a region?

Since we aren't stuck to regions, we could probably go for the various tribes of a confederation for the Keltoi.

Quote Originally Posted by BailianSteel View Post
    Maybe we could name them after religious festivals then? Like the Olympics? Or after landmarks or other significant cities in a region?

Since we aren't stuck to regions, we could probably go for the various tribes of a confederation for the Keltoi.
    That could be interesting! About the tribes, maybe, it could still be too much generalization since the unit would only have one name per region and there are numerous tribes.

I'd like to see it named "cohort [xxx] Roma" if it is a "standard" feature of future EB2 iterations.
    But I'd prefer this feature to be optional to be honest.

That could be interesting! About the tribes, maybe, it could still be too much generalization since the unit would only have one name per region and there are numerous tribes.
    Hm. If it's one name per region then my idea about basing the name off of the government title (thinking about Socii Ala vs Romani Legio) is non-viable.

This feature would be useful for Pahlava players in keeping track of which Clan is supposed to govern in a territory, I can hardly keep track of them. That won't be much if a problem if I can recruit a cheap unit of Payadag i Suren.