Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Charges dropped against General Flynn

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    If Obama or anyone else in his administration committed a crime then Trump should tell Barr to assign the prosecution to a US attorney to prosecute the crime. That he has not done so (and never will) should tell you something.

The revelations Trump and his supporters promise always go nowhere. Remember those investigators of his who were coming back from Hawaii with big news on Obama's birth certificate? Or the 3 million illegal alien votes his own voter fraud commission couldn't find any evidence of? Or how they were going to prove everyone famous but Trump was involved in a world-spanning pedophile cult? What about the amazing revelations we were going to get from Giuliani that were going to uncover Biden as the greatest criminal in human history? And who could forget the prophecies of Q, who has been predicting exact dates for the mass arrest and execution of everyone the right doesn't like for years now?

Want to know why Trump and his cronies lie to you, his faithful supporters? Because they don't respect you in the least. Behind the forced smiles they have nothing but contempt for you. If you met Trump without a camera rolling, he would treat you like something he scraped off the bottom of his shoe.
    Wow! It's astonishing that someone in this day and age could be so woefully uninformed.

1. John Durham is investigating misconduct in the federal government. There is a seated grand jury and don't be surprised if indictments come out in June.

2. Really? you want to go on about Obama's birth certificate? Just so you know, the original certificate has never been released.

3. There has been a tremendous amount of voter fraud revealed. Your media sources just don't discuss it.

4. I guess you haven't heard of a guy named Epstein.

5. Giuliani was talking about the monies that were washed through a Cyprus bank that found their way into Biden's son's bank account. Don't worry, you'll hear about it sooner or later.

6. Q? Come on, is there any fantasy that left-wing media fails to engage in?

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    John Durham is investigating misconduct in the federal government. There is a seated grand jury and don't be surprised if indictments come out in June.
    Barr himself said he doesn't expect prosecution of Obama or Biden. And do you really think if Durham had found anything at all Trump wouldn't be shouting it to the rooftops?

2. Really? you want to go on about Obama's birth certificate? Just so you know, the original certificate has never been released.
    Why tell such an obvious lie?

https://www.slideshare.net/whitehouse/birth-certificatelongform

3. There has been a tremendous amount of voter fraud revealed. Your media sources just don't discuss it.
    Then you should easily be able to link to it. Note that "I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy whose cousin is totally in the Illuminati." nonsense will only get you laughed at even more than usual.

4. I guess you haven't heard of a guy named Epstein.
    Trump's buddy? How does that prove anything? That's like saying "This guy is a serial killer. Therefore everyone else must be one too!"

5. Giuliani was talking about the monies that were washed through a Cyprus bank that found their way into Biden's son's bank account. Don't worry, you'll hear about it sooner or later.
    And when none of it amounts to anything you're going to apologize and admit you're easily fooled. Deal?

6. Q? Come on, is there any fantasy that left-wing media fails to engage in?
    We have to keep tabs on the right so we know when they're going to go on killing sprees or start planting bombs. Know your enemy.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; May 25, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

Barr himself said he doesn't expect prosecution of Obama or Biden. And do you really think if Durham had found anything at all Trump wouldn't be shouting it to the rooftops?

Why tell such an obvious lie?

https://www.slideshare.net/whitehouse/birth-certificatelongform

Then you should easily be able to link to it. Note that "I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy whose cousin is totally in the Illuminati." nonsense will only get you laughed at even more than usual.

Trump's buddy? How does that prove anything? That's like saying "This guy is a serial killer. Therefore everyone else must be one too!"

And when none of it amounts to anything you're going to apologize and admit you're easily fooled. Deal?

We have to keep tabs on the right so we know when they're going to go on killing sprees or start planting bombs. Know your enemy.
    The "birth certifcate" was revealed to be a facsimile the day after it was released, but if you want to cling to that fantasy, go ahead. I could care less.

I started a thread on voter fraud. You can post your Snopes and factcheck.org rebuttals there.

As far as how scandalous the Obama administration was, it is slowing creeping into the daylight where not even the left-wing spin machine can cover it up:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...cy-in-tatters/

And on the Flynn "phone call", it has now been revealed that Flynn engaged in between 25 to 40 phone calls a day in a 85 day period and yet the FBI expected him to recall word for word a ten minute call with a Russian ambassador. No wonder the case was so flimsy:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ousands-calls/
    Last edited by B. W.; May 26, 2020 at 12:37 PM.

Obama! What a scandalous president! Open your eyes people!

The Armenian Issue

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Trump supporters are still probably holding their breath for him go after Hillary Clinton and "lock her up".

Racists will always hold on to their little fantasies, even when they're completely baseless.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Trump supporters are still probably holding their breath for him go after Hillary Clinton and "lock her up".
    Pointing out that Trump tells lies like that specifically because he thinks his base is stupid really gets under their skin.

Racists will always hold on to their little fantasies, even when they're completely baseless.
    I've pointed out to birthers that even if Obama was born in Kenya (and he wasn't), as the child of an American citizen he would still be able to be President. They outright said that was a lie. I showed them the 14th amendment and related laws and they still denied it. They literally refused to see reality.

I think his election broke them. The idea that this dark-skinned man had risen to such heights, heights they could never reach even if they lived a thousand years, was simply more than their minds could bear. Their entire psyches rested on the foundation of white supremacy, and Obama's being elected not once but twice was a blow to their worldview that they will never recover from.

That's why even almost four years after he's been out of office they are still obsessed with him and somehow making the results of the 2008 and 2012 elections go away. That's why they will latch onto any hope that somehow Trump is going to get Obama. Why they will uncritically accept any lie, like birtherism or "Umasking Flynn was illegal!" If Obama wasn't really president, or was doing all of these illegal things, their worldview would still mesh with reality.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; May 28, 2020 at 03:21 AM.

Pointing out that Trump tells lies like that specifically because he thinks his base is stupid really gets under their skin.

I've pointed out to birthers that even if Obama was born in Kenya (and he wasn't), as the child of an American citizen he would still be able to be President. They outright said that was a lie. I showed them the 14th amendment and related laws and they still denied it. They literally refused to see reality.

I think his election broke them. The idea that this dark-skinned man had risen to such heights, heights they could never reach even if they lived a thousand years, was simply more than their minds could bear. Their entire psyches rested on the foundation of white supremacy, and Obama's being elected not once but twice was a blow to their worldview that they will never recover from.

That's why even almost four years after he's been out of office they are still obsessed with him and somehow making the results of the 2008 and 2012 elections go away. That's why they will latch onto any hope that somehow Trump is going to get Obama. Why they will uncritically accept any lie, like birtherism or "Umasking Flynn was illegal!" If Obama wasn't really president, or was doing all of these illegal things, their worldview would still mesh with reality.
    Leftists have withdrawn to the old idiom of "nothing bad happened, this is just white racism showing its ugly head again". The facts, should they ever allow themselves to see them, are quite compelling:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ey_matter.html

What happened here makes Watergate look like a Sunday school lesson.

More and more info is coming out about the illegal behavior of some senior members of the DOJ and intelligence communities under the Obama Admin. and the extent of illegal activity is just mind-boggling:

https://conservativedailypost.com/il..._term=28_May-4

There's more; the transcript of Flynn's calls with the Russian ambassador have been released and it turns out he did absolutely nothing wrong. Schiff, the Dems, and the media have been lying about it all along:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/transc...ador-released/
    Last edited by B. W.; May 29, 2020 at 05:31 PM.

Actually they prove he was working with the Russians on how to punish the United States for daring to sanction Russia.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ponse-to-obama

Michael Flynn urged a top Russian diplomat in late 2016 to make a "reciprocal" response to the Obama administration's sanctions on the Kremlin for its interference in the recently completed presidential race, arguing against escalating matters.

Flynn, who was then President-elect Trump's incoming national security adviser, warned then-Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak against one country trying to "be the tough guy" against the other, according to transcripts of the phone call, which were declassified and released on Friday. And he asked that the Moscow official not allow the Obama administration to "box us in" with the sanctions.

Flynn asked that Russia's response be a measured one — "because I know you have to have some sort of action" — emphasizing that Moscow should "make it reciprocal."

"Don't go any further than you have to. Because I don't want us to get into something that has to escalate ... on a tit for tat. You follow me, Ambassador?" he continued.
    "Us" being the Russians and their Republican sycophants.

Actually they prove he was working with the Russians on how to punish the United States for daring to sanction Russia.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ponse-to-obama

"Us" being the Russians and their Republican sycophants.
    Incredible! This is just more proof that Democrats (not all, but most) can be told what to think and when to think it, even if it defies the law of logic.

You must have forgotten Hillary's "reset button" and Obama's reply to the rhino Romney that "there is no Russia problem".

There is no question among people who followed Trump's campaign that he intended to try and improve relations with Russia in order to get them to help with the war on terror.

Obama tried to gum up the works and create a diplomatic problem for Trump when he expelled the 22 Russians. There is no question about this. Flynn was doing his job. He was trying to deescalate the situation, not inflate it.
    Last edited by B. W.; May 30, 2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Incredible! This is just more proof that Democrats (not all, but most) can be told what to think and when to think it, even if it defies the law of logic.

You must have forgotten Hillary's "reset button" and Obama's reply to the rhino Romney that "there is no Russia problem".

There is no question among people who followed Trump's campaign that he intended to try and improve relations with Russia in order to get them to help with the war on terror.

Obama tried to gum up the works and create a diplomatic problem for Trump when he expelled the 22 Russians. There is no question about this. Flynn was doing his job. He was trying to deescalate the situation, not inflate it.
    It seems to me that they went after Flynn to get him fired or jailed, but my question to you is this:
    “These transcripts clearly demonstrate that Lt. General Michael Flynn lied to the FBI and the Vice President when he denied discussing sanctions in a then-secret set of conversations with the Russian Ambassador,"
    So did they get Flynn to lie (therefore succeeding in their plan) or is this the 302 issue you are referring to? Did he deny conversing with the Russian Ambassador?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwulf View Post
    It seems to me that they went after Flynn to get him fired or jailed, but my question to you is this:
    So did they get Flynn to lie (therefore succeeding in their plan) or is this the 302 issue you are referring to? Did he deny conversing with the Russian Ambassador?
    It's fairly common sense procedure for the FBI to have a FISA on the Russian ambassador. Hell, many other ambassadors, to boot. Flynn called the Russian ambassador. The FBI is a domestic law enforcement agency. They're hardly the NSA. They don't have to go through a procedure to unmask a US citizen. Like a lot of lawyers, a lot of agents go into interviews knowing what their first few questions are and what they should probably get for the answers and as an investigation goes that should lead them somewhere down the rabbit hole to new questions to ask in the interview.

Here's your rabbit hole. Flynn didn't keep a lawyer with him. And then Flynn lied. They cut it short and left.

And because it needs to be stated continually. As someone who had a government position for 33 years, he should have known not to lie to the government. Nevermind the god damn FBI. He was in JSOC. I want everybody arguing for him in this thread to picture how his decisions would go haywire in this thread if his underlings lied to him.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 30, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    It's fairly common sense procedure for the FBI to have a FISA on the Russian ambassador. Hell, many other ambassadors, to boot. Flynn called the Russian ambassador. The FBI is a domestic law enforcement agency. They're hardly the NSA. They don't have to go through a procedure to unmask a US citizen. Like a lot of lawyers, a lot of agents go into interviews knowing what their first few questions are and what they should probably get for the answers and as an investigation goes that should lead them somewhere down the rabbit hole to new questions to ask in the interview.
    So is this also "fairly common sense procedure for the FBI":
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/fbi-ag...-fired-report/
    “What’s our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?” Priestap wrote. “If we get him to admit to breaking the Logan Act, give facts to DOJ & have them decide. Or, if he initially lies, then we present him [redacted] & he admits it, document for DOJ, & let them decide how to address it.”
    I don't see this as a common sense procedure, I see this as entrapment.

Here's your rabbit hole. Flynn didn't keep a lawyer with him. And then Flynn lied. They cut it short and left.

And because it needs to be stated continually. As someone who had a government position for 33 years, he should have known not to lie to the government. Nevermind the god damn FBI. He was in JSOC. I want everybody arguing for him in this thread to picture how his decisions would go haywire in this thread if his underlings lied to him.
    I agree, he shouldn't have lied, the question is why did he, if he even did. That was my question to B.W.. The FBI agents seemed to believe Flynn:
    https://thehill.com/policy/national-...two-agents-who
    The unredacted portion of the report, written by Republicans on the panel, details testimony from former FBI Director James Comey and his then-deputy, Andrew McCabe. The report says McCabe, in particular, testified that the two agents who interviewed Flynn “didn’t think he was lying."
    So why would the agents believe Flynn especially if this is true:
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/transc...ador-released/
    Defenders of the retired Army general, including White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, point out that the FBI had the transcripts when they interviewed Flynn.
    The FBI agents said they believed Flynn, they had the transcripts and knew what was said between Flynn and the Russian Ambassador. So where does this "lie" come from? Again if Flynn lied, he should be punished, that is if he lied.
    On a side note, doesnt any of this bother you? The FBI targeting someone to get them fired or jailed? That they used his son as a means of getting him to admit guilt?

The Deputy Director of the FBI, Andrew McCabe, set the meeting up and told Flynn he did not need a lawyer, because it was just a routine follow up. McCabe has since been fired for lying to the FBI Inspector General and lost his pension.

Interestingly, Flynn had been a party in between 25 and 40 phone calls a day for 85 days; that doesn't include e-mails. The FBI questioned him on the specifics of just one call. On the face of it, this is incredible. Can you remember word for word every conversation you had in the last 85 days?

The FBI agents testified under oath that they believed Flynn was truthful and recorded as such in their original 302s; these are now missing.

Democrat Adam Schiff, head of the House Intelligence Committee launched an investigation into the affair interviewing 52 witnesses about Russian collusion in the election. The transcripts have been released. Every single one of them testified that they had uncovered no Russian collusion. Instead of ending it right there, Schiff went on TV, along with some of the other witnesses (Comey, Brennan, Clapper, etc.) and lied publicly that witnesses had testified to the effect that there was Russian collusion. Comey, Brennan, Clapper, etc. are now under criminal investigation.

This, along with the fake "dossier" was enough for Democrats to gin up demands for a special investigator. Enter Mueller and his witch hunt team led by Andrew Weissmann who was a contributor to Hillary's campaign.

The rest, shall we say is ongoing history.

Do you understand that Flynn was picked up when the Russians were being monitored? Do you understand the United States government can unmask Americans if there are concerns about what they are hearing in calls with foreign nationals? If Flynn was masked then how was there illegal spying going on if they didn't know it was Flynn until he was unmasked?

Sally Yates warned the WH and Don McGhan in January of 2017 on two different occasions that Flynn was compromised. He was lying to the FBI, had lied to Pence, and since he had talked to Kislyak and then lied about it, then that meant the Russians knew he was lying too! That means he was a potential threat to national security through Russian blackmail.

If Flynn was innocent then why did Trump not clear him by declassifying the call transcript immediately? Why did Trump let him go through pleading guilty not once but twice and go through the whole court process and potentially sentenced to prison? Why did he ask Comey to let Flynn go?

Do you see how many holes there are in this little fantasy? Stick to chemtrails or 911 trutherism or the Apollo landing "hoax."
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; May 30, 2020 at 08:24 PM.

I don't see this as a common sense procedure, I see this as entrapment.
    Lying isn't entrapment. Lying is the direct decision of the person giving false information to the government. You can be charged for giving false information to any branch of the government. Flynn lied to the executive branch when he lied to the FBI. There are certain exceptions to the law for, say, when a lawyers client steers their lawyer into lying for them. But the government doesn't want to make decisions based on false information. And in the same fashion the courts will nail someone for perjury(lying under oath) the government in general(judicial branch as well) will nail people for lying(lying while not under oath).

Do you understand that Flynn was picked up when the Russians were being monitored? Do you understand the United States government can unmask Americans if there are concerns about what they are hearing in calls with foreign nationals? If Flynn was masked then how was there illegal spying going on if they didn't know it was Flynn until he was unmasked?
    Please stop acting like the unmasking procedures are relevant. The FBI doesn't have to unmask Americans. They're an American Law Enforcement Agency.

The NSA, charged with monitoring foreign intelligence, would be different.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 30, 2020 at 08:45 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Sally Yates warned the WH and Don McGhan in January of 2017 on two different occasions that Flynn was compromised. He was lying to the FBI, had lied to Pence, and since he had talked to Kislyak and then lied about it, then that meant the Russians knew he was lying too! That means he was a potential threat to national security through Russian blackmail.

If Flynn was innocent then why did Trump not clear him by declassifying the call transcript immediately? Why did Trump let him go through pleading guilty not once but twice and go through the whole court process and potentially sentenced to prison? Why did he ask Comey to let Flynn go?

Do you see how many holes there are in this little fantasy? Stick to chemtrails or 911 trutherism or the Apollo landing "hoax."
    Lying isn't entrapment. Lying is the direct decision of the person giving false information to the government. You can be charged for giving false information to any branch of the government. Flynn lied to the executive branch when he lied to the FBI. There are certain exceptions to the law for, say, when a lawyers client steers their lawyer into lying for them. But the government doesn't want to make decisions based on false information. And in the same fashion the courts will nail someone for perjury(lying under oath) the government in general(judicial branch as well) will nail people for lying(lying while not under oath).

Please stop acting like the unmasking procedures are relevant. The FBI doesn't have to unmask Americans. They're an American Law Enforcement Agency.

The NSA, charged with monitoring foreign intelligence, would be different.
    It's pretty obvious that neither of have taken the time to read the things that Flynn's "defenders" on this forum have been posting.

If you had you would know:

1. there no is evidence anywhere that Flynn was lying

2. After years of the left-wing media claiming the phone call in question was about sanctions, the transcript reveals that the subject was never brought up

3. Flynn was totally aware that everything he said was being recorded.

4. The most recent revelation is that Flynn was not unmasked. He was never masked in the first place, which is a huge problem for the FBI. That's why Strozk was panicking when he heard Yates and Clapper testifying before congress.

5. Your logic is incomprehensible on why Trump didn't order the transcript released. He would have been accused of interfering in an investigation. You can't have this both ways.

About Sally Yates and what also happened:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nt-lie-to-fbi/
    Former acting Attorney General Sally Yates is one of the officials who raised concerns about the FBI investigators’ treatment of Flynn, the Just the News outlet founded by award-winning investigative journalist John Solomon revealed on Monday.Specifically, during her short stint as attorney general, Yates, an Obama holdover, reportedly complained to the Muller team about a January 24, 2017 effort by the FBI to interview Flynn about his dealings with Russia without letting the former White House official know he was under investigation.
    A May 2018 letter from the Mueller team to the retired general’s lawyers highlights Yates’ concerns.
    “Yates said it was not always clear what exactly the FBI was doing to investigate Flynn,” the letter stated.
    According to Yates, the Mueller team briefed her about the Flynn interview the day after she raised concerns, particularly about the FBI’s focus on whether the retired general remembered talking to a Russian official about sanctions.
    The Mueller team’s letter to Flynn’s lawyers noted:
    Flynn denied having a conversation about sanctions. Yates did not speak to the interviewing agents herself, but understood from others that the interviewing agents’ assessment was that Flynn showed no ‘tells’ of lying, and it was possible he really did not remember the substance of his calls with [Russian] Ambassador [Sergey] Kislyak.
    The comments the Muller team’s letter attributes to Yates mark a stark difference from what she told CNN in May 2017 — that Flynn was in a “serious compromise situation, that the Russians had real leverage over him.”
    Yates had no clue about what was going on, so much for her credibility.
    You also have to take this part into consideration-from the quote above: "Flynn denied having a conversation about sanctions. Yates did not speak to the interviewing agents herself, but understood from others that the interviewing agents’ assessment was that Flynn showed no ‘tells’ of lying, and it was possible he really did not remember the substance of his calls with [Russian] Ambassador [Sergey] Kislyak."

Here is the reason President Trump gave:
    https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...-pardon-flynn/
    Quote Originally Posted by President Donald J. Trump
    So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has “lost” the records of General Michael Flynn. How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!
    Seems he didn't see everything that was involved, as some things were "lost".

Right, like the Russian collusion, Ukrainian quid pro quo, and up next the Covid "it's all Trumps fault" hoax's. Yep all of them belong together.

True lying isn't entrapment, but the way the FBI went after Flynn, how could you not see it as entrapment:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entrapment
    2: the action of luring an individual into committing a crime in order to prosecute the person for it
    Once again here is what was said:
    “What’s our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?” Priestap wrote. “If we get him to admit to breaking the Logan Act, give facts to DOJ & have them decide. Or, if he initially lies, then we present him [redacted] & he admits it, document for DOJ, & let them decide how to address it.”
    Once again they already knew his conversation with the Russian Ambassador. Why didn't they just go after him for the only thing they could- the Logan Act? Last time that was used was in 1864(or sometime around there). I recommend reading this article by the ever so Trump friendly MSN (yes I'm being fesecious).
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...el/ar-BB13Q5Su
    One of the many things from this article, for the asked question-"why would he lie?":
    It turned out that they would not need it, however. Although FBI investigators said they did not believe Flynn intentionally lied (and noted that Flynn understood his conversation with Russian officials was monitored and presumably transcripted), that nevertheless was the charge former special counsel Robert Mueller ultimately used. Flynn fought the charges but pleaded guilty after Mueller virtually bankrupted him and threatened to charge his son.

Both Judge Sullivan and the DOJ have filed their amicus briefs before the court. Judge Sullivan did not sign his brief, but instead had his lawyer write it and sign it. This is unusual in the extreme, most especially since the court ordered him to submit a brief himself. I don't think this has ever been done before.

Here is the DOJ brief:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4639...Flynn-Response

I don't think I can recall any court proceedings instigated against anyone where the case wasn't dropped because all the investigators in the case were fired for nefarious behavior. Anyway, if you want me to link to Sullivan's brief I will.

Aside from the Flynn case, the big problem for the FBI here is that it is now known that Flynn was never masked in the first place. This is a big problem for the people on the 7th floor of the FBI who directed this farce and it makes Watergate look like a Sunday school picnic.