Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 169

Thread: Charges dropped against General Flynn

  1. #1
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Charges dropped against General Flynn

    After documents released by Adam Schiff's investigation and the FBI charges against Flynn have been dropped:

    https://justthenews.com/government/f...no-basis-begin

    I and others have been saying all along that these charges smelled of corruption and it turns out we were right. There is much more to this and it will be coming out soon. So much for the claims by the Dems on the Russuan hoax, because that's exactly what it was.

  2. #2
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Most people knew that the Kremlin's involvement in the 2016 election - including it's interactions with the Trump campaign - was being sensationalized (to put it mildly) by the Dems, the press and elements of the Washington establishment. I had long suspected Comey and others in the FBI of being partisan actors (especially after the the Strzok affair and Rosenstein's recommendation on Comey) but I didn't realize how deep the rabbit hole went. The release of the Mueller report, the revelations about FISA abuse and now the exposure of the mishandling of the Flynn case are enabling us to build a picture of what's really going on.

    It's sad that the polarizing and destabilizing intentions of the Russian disinformation campaign have been amplified 100x by the very people who claim to be its staunchest opponents.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Flynn is a traitor.

    "Arguably, you sold your country out."

    So did Barr and Trump.

  4. #4
    HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,318

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    yeah, i think there is a distinction to be made between "everything is russias fault" and "some republicans are clearly neckdeep in collusion with a foreign power". russia didnt win trump the election, but they meddled to both their and trumps benefit.

  5. #5
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    There was an incredible amount of illegal activity by the Obama DOJ and it started in the Obama Oval Office:

    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...tes_obama.html

  6. #6

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    yeah, i think there is a distinction to be made between "everything is russias fault" and "some republicans are clearly neckdeep in collusion with a foreign power". russia didnt win trump the election, but they meddled to both their and trumps benefit.
    I recall the days when you were hook, line and sinker on Russia Gate. Oh how the turntables...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Most people knew that the Kremlin's involvement in the 2016 election - including it's interactions with the Trump campaign - was being sensationalized (to put it mildly) by the Dems, the press and elements of the Washington establishment. I had long suspected Comey and others in the FBI of being partisan actors (especially after the the Strzok affair and Rosenstein's recommendation on Comey) but I didn't realize how deep the rabbit hole went. The release of the Mueller report, the revelations about FISA abuse and now the exposure of the mishandling of the Flynn case are enabling us to build a picture of what's really going on.

    It's sad that the polarizing and destabilizing intentions of the Russian disinformation campaign have been amplified 100x by the very people who claim to be its staunchest opponents.
    There is nothing substantive here. The Flynn investigation has revealed considerable crimes and the basis on which the DoJ is dropping the case, is the allegation that the investigation was improper. Nevermind that Flynn has already entered a plea deal. One prosecutor signature on the Thursday filing to dismiss the case, William Barr's former aide, Timothy Shea.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    There was an incredible amount of illegal activity by the Obama DOJ and it started in the Obama Oval Office:

    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...tes_obama.html
    Whataboutism. As usual.

  8. #8
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    There is nothing substantive here. The Flynn investigation has revealed considerable crimes and the basis on which the DoJ is dropping the case, is the allegation that the investigation was improper. Nevermind that Flynn has already entered a plea deal. One prosecutor signature on the Thursday filing to dismiss the case, William Barr's former aide, Timothy Shea.



    Whataboutism. As usual.
    The White House Press Briefing on Flynn lays out much of the false narrative on Flynn. Obama DOJ officials were lying publicly to news organizations to gin up public anger over Flynn in order to take out Trump. Their private messages conflict with what they were publicly saying:

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...#disqus_thread

    The White House spokesperson say that justice has finally prevailed. That's wrong. Justice will not prevail until the perps who falsely accused Flynn and ruined him financially are held to account for their illegal actions.

  9. #9
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    There is nothing substantive here. The Flynn investigation has revealed considerable crimes and the basis on which the DoJ is dropping the case, is the allegation that the investigation was improper. Nevermind that Flynn has already entered a plea deal. One prosecutor signature on the Thursday filing to dismiss the case, William Barr's former aide, Timothy Shea.
    A pattern of partisan behaviour from senior intelligence figures - which includes, but is certainly not limited to, the "improper" investigation of Flynn - has now been clearly established. Dismissing that pattern as unsubstantial is the usual hand-waving, as is the implication that procedural justice is somehow invalid or irrelevant (an identical position you took over Ukraine).

  10. #10

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    In other words, treason no longer matters to Republicans as long as you are part of their tribe. This just highlights how vital to the future of our country it is to defeat Trump.

    Once Biden is in office his first priorities should be to fire Barr and all other Trump appointees, then appoint patriotic replacements who will dismantle the Trump crime syndicate. As for Barr and Flynn, they deserve a cell in Gitmo.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    A pattern of partisan behaviour from senior intelligence figures - which includes, but is certainly not limited to, the "improper" investigation of Flynn - has now been clearly established.
    Not just senior figures apparently, but every single prosecutor in the DoJ. Are you making the case that virtually all of Washington's "insiders" currently within the Executive branch are partisan hacks who should be replaced by Trump loyalists? Pardon, American Patriots?

    Dismissing that pattern as unsubstantial is the usual hand-waving, as is the implication that procedural justice is somehow invalid or irrelevant (an identical position you took over Ukraine).
    Ukraine, the 2014 Crimean Annexation or Ukraine, the fangless Biden allegation? Because I'm hardly partisan on the former, and more than happy to be accused of partisanship in the latter. Considering how clear-cut that issue is.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    In other words, treason no longer matters to Republicans as long as you are part of their tribe. This just highlights how vital to the future of our country it is to defeat Trump.

    Once Biden is in office his first priorities should be to fire Barr and all other Trump appointees, then appoint patriotic replacements who will dismantle the Trump crime syndicate. As for Barr and Flynn, they deserve a cell in Gitmo.
    You seem to be forgetting that Russia Gate was debunked in full. You're actually pushing a fictional narrative that was completely contrived as a coup attempt against a duly elected president of the United Stated.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    It was not debunked. Stop lying.

    Impeachment is not a coup. It is a process laid out in the constitution. Just because you want Trump to be king and don't like that the constitution doesn't grant him absolute power is no reason to lie.

  14. #14
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    And yet another Obama official is caught lying to the media in order to perpetuate the Russian hoax and nurture TDS in Dem constituents, but when forced to testify under oath she told a different story to Congress:

    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...anscripts.html

    Of course, the news media isn't interested in telling the version that took place under oath.

  15. #15
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I suppose it's worth pointing out (once again) that the Mueller report found no evidence of a conspiracy between Trump and the Kremlin - a finding which was noted as early as the 2nd page of the report. Here are just a few examples from the text discrediting the collusion/coordination/conspiracy argument:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mueller report
    ...the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities. p. 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueller report
    ...the evidence was not sufficient to charge that any member of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with representatives of the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election. p. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueller report
    Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities. p. 173
    Not even the bigwigs in the Democratic Party (Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler etc.) were willing to go down the impeachment route over it.
    Last edited by Cope; May 08, 2020 at 04:30 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I suppose it's worth pointing out (once again) that the Mueller report found no evidence of a conspiracy between Trump and the Kremlin - a finding which was noted as early as the 2nd page of the report.

    Not even the bigwigs in the Democratic Party (Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler etc.) were willing to go down the impeachment route over it.
    Impeachment was over obstruction of justice.

    And as a reminer,

    Quote Originally Posted by Mueller Report
    Fourth, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.
    And importantly, why no recommendation was made on whether President Trump can be charged with a crime, is also stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mueller Report
    Third, we considered whether to evaluate the conduct we investigated under the Justice Manual standards governing prosecution and declination decisions, but we determined not to apply an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the President committed crimes.
    EDIT:

    Obstruction of Congress, not Justice.
    Last edited by Love Mountain; May 08, 2020 at 04:33 PM.

  17. #17
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Obstruction of Congress, not Justice.
    The impeachment charge of "Obstruction of Congress" had nothing to do with the Russian investigation. It related to Trump's refusal to co-operate with House subpeonas linked to the Ukraine "investigation". House Democrats decided they couldn't be bothered resolving the dispute via the normal legal channels, so they tacked on an extra impeachment charge. It was rightly thrown out by the Senate.
    Last edited by Cope; May 08, 2020 at 05:17 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The impeachment charge of "Obstruction of Congress" had nothing to do with the Russian investigation. It related to Trump's refusal to co-operate with House subpeonas linked to the Ukraine "investigation". House Democrats decided they couldn't be bothered resolving the dispute via the normal legal channels, so they tacked on an impeachment extra charge.
    A normal legal channel like issuing a subpoena? Rofl.

    It was rightly thrown out by the Senate.
    Keep telling yourself that.

  19. #19
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    A normal legal channel like issuing a subpoena? Rofl.

    Keep telling yourself that.
    1. You were factually wrong about the impeachment charge. Not even senior Dem partisans were prepared to impeach the president over alleged obstruction of justice relating to the Mueller report.

    2. The subpoena controversy should have been settled by the judiciary. This is how we expect legal disputes between the legislature and the executive to be resolved. The House could have pursued a judgement from the Supreme Court demanding that the WH cooperate with their subpoenas. They chose instead to ask the Senate for a judgement and lost.
    Last edited by Cope; May 08, 2020 at 05:22 PM.

  20. #20
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Re: Charges dropped against General Flynn

    Here's the Government's Motion to Dismiss:

    https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...92.198.0_4.pdf

    There's some pretty damning information in there about Comey's FBI's actions. In fact, it boggles the mind that the FBI actually went forward with charges...an absolute corruption of justice.

    What is not in the "Motion" is the reason why the DOJ's call sign for Flynn was "razor". Most people are unaware that Flynn was fired by Obama because he disagreed with the arrangements of Obama's Iran nuclear deal and the intelligence agencies activities in it. Flynn was planning on giving the agencies a "shave". In other words he was going to clean house, meaning all the Iranian apologists in the intelligence community were going to get the boot. These are the people who counseled both Bush and Obama not to take action against Seulemoni for Iran's involvement in the IED deaths of American soldiers in Iraq. (as we all know, Trump fixed that shortcoming)

    In other words, there was an alternative reason why Obama's DOJ went after Flynn.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •