Thread: Vampires and Dawnguard

Relentless Hunter 7's Avatar Libertus

Default Vampires and Dawnguard

Hi guys. I have been playing this mod for a while now and I'm having a blast with the Stormcloaks and the civil war. Although this war ended somewhat anti-climactically and early when I killed Skyrim's High King in battle and BTFO'd the entire faction of Skyrim in one blow (he probably had no heirs yet).
    Regardless, you have done a very nice job and it shows.

I have one question though: It is possible for vampires to have their own seperate faction? Because, I don't know about you, but I find it very paradoxical to be able to recruit both vampire/undead and Dawnguard units as part of the same faction (usually Skyrim) in co-operation. It's the only thing that I find very immersion breaking. They are sworn enemies and yet they are able to fight together in this mod? Could you maybe make Harkon and his vampire units playable if I want to play as The Undead at the very least, if a seperate Tamrielic Vampire Faction is out of the question?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Relentless Hunter 7; May 06, 2020 at 01:05 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Vampires and Dawnguard

Hey,

They still got around 6 factions spots left, so they could surely could add it as a faction, if they wanted to. Though, I think they would be fine under The Undead faction.

What you say makes sense lorewise for sure, I am also not that comfortable with some of those mercenaries armies scripts (such as mainly Mannimarco). I hope that in the next version they will at least make some diplomacy outcome for you for accepting it, as most of other factions would definitely not be okay with it, as you are pretty much joining the evil side .

In the Unofficial Patch we are removing/changing most of scripts like this, and there will definitely be something like joining an evil side, which might encompass some of this...

Relentless Hunter 7's Avatar Libertus

Very nice, I like your idea of diplomatic repercussions by siding with the Volkihars. Maybe also make DG units unrecruitable in that case through some script if it's possible (as the DG feels betrayed from you) if you have captured their fort and triggered the script by this point.
    But yes, I mentioned a possible vampire faction because the main mod also expanded in this version on other vampire units/mercenaries from all over Tamriel and I loved that (major vampire fan if it didn't show...).

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yes, honestly I love vampires as well