Thread: Young Carthaginian FMs getting wealthy pretty much as soon as they come of age. Strange?

Default Young Carthaginian FMs getting wealthy pretty much as soon as they come of age. Strange?

Hope all is well... Am back to playing this incredible mod again recently. As Carthage and taking a slow approach in the game building up my cities and focusing on the rogue settlements in Iberia for now..

I have a bunch of 2nd generation FMs with huge influence values thanks to the wealthy traits they gain as soon as they come of age and i don't know what to do with them.

I mean what is the rationale of them getting wealthy traits that early? As a result, they have far higher influence values than their uncles (1st generation FMs) which means they will be useful as governors but is it realistic to make them governors in their 20s and displacing their uncles?

As far as i know, sticking them in cities will only give them negative habits and traits which is why i prefer assigning more mature FMs as governors.

Default Re: Young Carthaginian FMs getting wealthy pretty much as soon as they come of age. Strange?

I have only played a carthaginian campaign worthy of been called such. What I noticed is that it varies. I think there is people that start wealthier, I dont know if the fathers wealth is tracked in that regard. Still it may also be because while you educate them in the early ages they stay for a while in one of your largest cities (in m ycase it was in Carthage itself) and that helps kick up their wealthy line due to the city having already very big ports/markets etc

I didnt had the sensation that the 2nd generation was wealthier per se though. Like they may reach it earlier, but usually the first one did quite good too unless they were ruling small towns, but they usually got a decent level before doing that so...

We will either find a way, or make one.

Default Re: Young Carthaginian FMs getting wealthy pretty much as soon as they come of age. Strange?

Without checking the triggers, I suspect it's because of their fathers and your level of Treasury.

I think Carthage just places more emphasis on wealth, including their election system, they always just seem to have more wealthy people than other factions.

Likes Quintus said, their father being wealthy has a lot to do with that. Also be in mind that your Family Members are the wealthiest members of the Carthaginian society, so that is also expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Likes Quintus said, their father being wealthy has a lot to do with that. Also be in mind that your Family Members are the wealthiest members of the Carthaginian society, so that is also expected.
    So that brings me to the next point, if whoever has the most influence automatically becomes governor, wouldn't be quite a challenge looking for cities to house them (20 year old kids) without them taking over the incumbent governor of my choice? Doesn't seem logical nor does it feel right at all..

Quote Originally Posted by qwertykov View Post
    So that brings me to the next point, if whoever has the most influence automatically becomes governor, wouldn't be quite a challenge looking for cities to house them (20 year old kids) without them taking over the incumbent governor of my choice? Doesn't seem logical nor does it feel right at all..
    Well, that's up to you. I just place them in Carthage where the center or power, to gain some nice traits and education. They never get to be governors because the FL is always there. Later on I decide where to send them, either as Generals to fight for Carthage or to replace a dead governor in one of my cities. Eventually they are also sent to the newly conquered cities.

Well, that's up to you. I just place them in Carthage where the center or power, to gain some nice traits and education. They never get to be governors because the FL is always there. Later on I decide where to send them, either as Generals to fight for Carthage or to replace a dead governor in one of my cities. Eventually they are also sent to the newly conquered cities.
    My fear about doing that is they might gain some rubbish trait in the process of wasting their youth away in the capital.. It would be great if rebel armies pop up more frequently around Carthage for the FMs to get Blooded or get some exercise but that seldom happens at all.... Oh well... I think ill just send them out into the army as extra cavalry in Iberia then...

Quote Originally Posted by qwertykov View Post
    My fear about doing that is they might gain some rubbish trait in the process of wasting their youth away in the capital.. It would be great if rebel armies pop up more frequently around Carthage for the FMs to get Blooded or get some exercise but that seldom happens at all.... Oh well... I think ill just send them out into the army as extra cavalry in Iberia then...
    Well, that's a risk you will have to take. But don't worry friend. The next version of EBII will bring a new rebel spawn script in which the rebels in your territory will be more dangerous (even capable of taking your cities if you leave them ungarrisoned), and that will give you some juicy opportunities to train your young FMs and Generals without startign wars with other factions. In the same way, AI armies seem to also have more experience due to having to fight the same rebels.

Well, that's a risk you will have to take. But don't worry friend. The next version of EBII will bring a new rebel spawn script in which the rebels in your territory will be more dangerous (even capable of taking your cities if you leave them ungarrisoned), and that will give you some juicy opportunities to train your young FMs and Generals without startign wars with other factions. In the same way, AI armies seem to also have more experience due to having to fight the same rebels.
    Well that would definitely be nice