Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated June 26)

Default Re: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated May 16)

Media should be available to play without DLC as far as I know. Its not a playable faction in vanilla I don' think.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Media should be available to play without DLC as far as I know. Its not a playable faction in vanilla I don' think.
    Hey Dresden

I meant playing the Beta version. I played a campaign halfway but decided to hold off to play the reworked version.

Hello everybody. Thanks to the developers for your work. In the old Steam version, the only thing I didn’t like on the company’s map was the too sluggish action of the Allied armies (did you indicate the target of the attack or not). They generally could blunt for 20 moves in one place. I did not see this in the list of updates. Was it fixed? Thank.

[QUOTE = olegdo; 15919400] Witam wszystkich. Dzięki programistom za twoją pracę. W starej wersji Steam jedyną rzeczą, która mi się nie podobała na mapie firmy, była zbyt powolna akcja wojsk alianckich (czy wskazałeś cel ataku, czy nie). Na ogół mogą stępić 20 ruchów w jednym miejscu. Nie widziałem tego na liście aktualizacji. Czy to zostało naprawione? Dziękuję. [/ QUOTE] in point!
    they stand and EAT

I'm having an issue playing as Media where I can't research the signalling tech (the one for the third level of barracks). I checked if it was an issue with my campaign save, but when trying a new campaign I had the same issue. But when I tried to research the tech by selecting it before having researched the previous tech it did work, but not really. The previous tech researched twice before researching signalling and if selected a different tech whilst it was reasearching the previous tech for the second time it would no longer let me select signalling. So I can't build the third thier of barracks or research any of the techs that come after it. Hope this helpes.
    I have no submods installed, just DeI and the beta.

Btw I love the mod and I really appreciate all the work you put into it.

Should this be stable enough to start a new MP campaign with? Wondering if I should use this or the current version of DeI and just wait for this to become current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates II the Great View Post
    Hey Dresden

I meant playing the Beta version. I played a campaign halfway but decided to hold off to play the reworked version.
    It'll probably work, except for the reformed units probably not being properly locked.

Hello!

I have observed that some cities have less building slots than they should (I dont know if this was already present in previeous versions), is this intended?

On another topic, is there anybody playing the campaign with the new beta in hard (only campaign difficulty). I dont want to use the hardcore mod until the mod is officialy updated, but after two campaigns with the beta playing in N/N its becoming too easy.

Also, I love the new spartan units, specially the new helots, they are really handy when you dont have enough upper class population. The only negative thing that I see regarding them, is that maybe that makes them too easy to abuse (recruit full stacks of helot pikemen, for example). Maybe setting a max to the amount of these units you can recruit would be a good idea (like some ROR units have). Just throwing some ideas here.

One last thing I want to point is that I reacintly realized that generals from another faction that you confederated retain their factional bodyguards (although you can change them to your factional bodyguards). I donīt know if this is intended, but I really like it .

Great job guys, looking forward to next update of the beta, do you think is worth starting a new campaign now, or should I wait for it?

City building slots haven't been changed since the game released. Some have 3, some have 4, some have 5 etc. Its based on the region type (capital or not) and if there is a port.

I think the hardcore submod is probably compatible. I haven't tested it.

Adding a limit could be a good idea.

New updates of the beta should be save compatible.
    Last edited by Dresden; June 02, 2020 at 02:14 PM.

I think the hardcore submod is probably compatible. I haven't tested it.
    I've played three campaigns with the new beta, Hardcore NoCAI and Age of Hellenism. Everything seemed OK.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Team,

I placed the file inside the data folder but i dont see it listed in mod manager when i go to load. How can i make sure its loaded?

thanks

If you place it in the Rome 2 data folder you should see it in the mod manager, probably at the bottom called @@fixpack125c . Drag it up above the mod and activate it. When you start the game it will list what mods you have activated.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLittleOrc View Post
    I'm having an issue playing as Media where I can't research the signalling tech (the one for the third level of barracks). I checked if it was an issue with my campaign save, but when trying a new campaign I had the same issue. But when I tried to research the tech by selecting it before having researched the previous tech it did work, but not really. The previous tech researched twice before researching signalling and if selected a different tech whilst it was reasearching the previous tech for the second time it would no longer let me select signalling. So I can't build the third thier of barracks or research any of the techs that come after it. Hope this helpes.
    I have no submods installed, just DeI and the beta.

Btw I love the mod and I really appreciate all the work you put into it.
    I have the same issue and have done some digging in PFM, where I cannot find anything that stands out as particularly untoward. The same construction with reform techs works perfectly for e.g. Carthage, where the tech tree is structurally identical, but with Media the tech can't be researched properly and credit isn't given for researching the "tier".

I have had an almost identical bug with Hayk in the past and cannot remember whether it still persists as it has been a long time since I played a Hayk campaign.

I will have a fix out soon for it.

I will have a fix out soon for it.
    Is it a simple case of something that's missing/incorrect in PFM, or is it a more involved fix? Quite curious as I really couldn't spot anything in PFM that looked glaringly wrong when comparing to e.g. the Qarthadastim tech tree's PFM entries.

special thanks to all DEI collaborators for the work. I love you, my wife and children not so much. hihihihih

I started a campaign with the Lusitanians and found that during the battles some units with javelins (infantry units and archers), their blue bar does not reduce properly or does not reduce at all.

thank you all

I'm currently trying to figure out which faction to play when 1.2.5c comes out of beta and all the submods get updated (most importantly, 12tpy and Alternative Economy )

Hayk seems to be very interesting but as someone who plays hellenic factions almost exclusively, I'm a bit at a loss at how I'd use spear units like the Kentronakan Doriphoroi (btw, they look way more heavily armoured than the 28 points they currently have, more like 35 or 36), which donīt have a phalanx/spear wall mode and are in a relatively loose formation by default. Phalanx and pike units get some very juicy buffs in the current version of the beta, so I'm a bit worried how these guys would fare against them, as they seem to be the best Armenian infantry unit until the thorax reforms kick in.

On the beta:

I noticed that the diamond formation of the Thessalian cavalry gives them 14 speed. I know that the four officers placed at the corners gave them a marked advantage in terms of maneuverability historically, but 14 seems a bit too much imo.

City building slots haven't been changed since the game released. Some have 3, some have 4, some have 5 etc. Its based on the region type (capital or not) and if there is a port.
    I didnīt know that. Is it the same for siege equipment? I realized that besieging certain cities allows more siege equipment than others. Lol it had been a looong time since I last played DEI, but even more (much more) since I played vanilla .

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by malachi82 View Post
    I'm currently trying to figure out which faction to play when 1.2.5c comes out of beta and all the submods get updated (most importantly, 12tpy and Alternative Economy )

Hayk seems to be very interesting but as someone who plays hellenic factions almost exclusively, I'm a bit at a loss at how I'd use spear units like the Kentronakan Doriphoroi (btw, they look way more heavily armoured than the 28 points they currently have, more like 35 or 36), which donīt have a phalanx/spear wall mode and are in a relatively loose formation by default. Phalanx and pike units get some very juicy buffs in the current version of the beta, so I'm a bit worried how these guys would fare against them, as they seem to be the best Armenian infantry unit until the thorax reforms kick in.

On the beta:

I noticed that the diamond formation of the Thessalian cavalry gives them 14 speed. I know that the four officers placed at the corners gave them a marked advantage in terms of maneuverability historically, but 14 seems a bit too much imo.
    In case of Armenian spear guys, their armour rating is average of overall armour they were, since despite being covered pretty good, a lot of their armours are just gambesons.

Diamond formation only adds 1 speed, this is a display bug, for some reason if only happens for diamond formation.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Sampsiceramos View Post
    Is it a simple case of something that's missing/incorrect in PFM, or is it a more involved fix? Quite curious as I really couldn't spot anything in PFM that looked glaringly wrong when comparing to e.g. the Qarthadastim tech tree's PFM entries.
    The issue is with the tech upgrade tree. If you are going to have special techs for a faction, you have to replace the whole tree which I forgot about. Instead I will make it so that all eastern factions have their techs moved to make space but only media will have the upgrade techs