Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated June 26)

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated May 16)

Hi DEI team,

Thank you for the update, it's great work and I'm having a blast with Atropatene! It's the most enjoyable campaign I've had for a while.

I've noticed what appear to be some errors with Atropatene (final two points cover all 'Eastern' factions);

- (Sound) Grivpanvar (Early) have Greek voice overs. Is this intentional?
    - (Graphical) Median Horse (Reformed) hold shields while firing bows, causing clipping.
    - (Confederation) Atropatene cannot confederate with the Persian culture faction (liberated) that occupies the fishing port town in Gedrosia. This is in an existing save. They are not listed as 'Same Blood'. (apologies, I cannot recall the exact name - Ashvar?)
    - (Character Ancillaries) These seem to occasionally disappear a number of turns after being assigned. It doesn't always happen, but I have noticed multiple instances of the 'Noble Steed' disappear. Is this by design? I can't say I've noticed it before.
    - (Campaign Values) Atropatene characters (generals, politicians, agents etc) draw all of their names from the Caucasian name pool. The only exception to this seems to be the scripted characters.
    - (Campaign Values) 'Eastern Satrapy' Chain (City Centre) has different, and actually worse, values than the Baktrian / Seleucid equivalent (e.g. 150 commerce vs 200). Is this intentional?

A couple of other questions. Another user in the Atropatene Preview thread suggested a different Persian culture icon to replace the purple moon. Do you guys have plans to incorporate this?

Additionally, have you considered removing the 'Eastern' prefix from the building names? It's a weird inclusion on the part of CA.

A final point; I note that the Greek factions have access to unique ancillaries (e.g. Alexander's Sword). Are their plans to expand on the Eastern / Persian ancillaries in such a way, e.g. the 'Sceptre of Darius', or to allow other factions to obtain the special ancillaries? This may already be possible.

Again, thanks a lot team.
    Last edited by The Iron Chancellor; May 19, 2020 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Spelling, and additional question.
    "Diversity in counsel, unity in command."
    - Cyrus the Great

I forgot to include the new Persian culture icon, thanks for reminding me.

The names are setup to be the same as other eastern names in the db files last I checked, caucasian doesnt have their own entry I don't think?

For the confederation, I will add in the emergent factions.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 19, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

There seems that some description text is missing from Greek religious buildings.

I suggest a look at the Thracian Hypaspistai. They're extremely underwhelming despite their status as a bodyguard unit, being underarmored compared to most because half don't wear any, but not gaining any advantages in speed or stamina despite that.

EDIT: Athenian Mercenary Thorax Spears have no javelin ammunition despite having the throw javelin ability.
    Last edited by SpardaSon21; May 19, 2020 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks for the Ptolemaic Egypt fixes, guys. Now it looks like a serious faction again. However, I can't seem to find a way to recruit the maccabean cavalry and spearmen in the GC.

Thats a blast! Any chance to have new slower battles submod?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    Thanks for the Ptolemaic Egypt fixes, guys. Now it looks like a serious faction again. However, I can't seem to find a way to recruit the maccabean cavalry and spearmen in the GC.
    They aren't really available for recruitment as far as I know, they are limited to the Judean faction. There are some AOR versions. Not sure they should be in custom battle. Still deciding on that but they are there for now in the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yapp View Post
    Thats a blast! Any chance to have new slower battles submod?
    Submods will be updated when the main mod is updated.

Hi I seem to have an issue, I started a campaign with Armenia when the beta was released (May 3rd version) now I downloaded the newest update to the beta (May 16) when I was in turn 135, I am now at turn 145 and cant recruit my late game units, there is no purple tech anymore like there was (I understand that it was not supposed to be there since that was for Media) and I read that Armenian reforms where on turn 60 and 140 since they where linked to Greek AI reforms, and I cant rollback to the previous file since that crashes the campaign. Did the turn number changed for Armenia or did the update broke their reforms??

The purple tech is not related to Armenia so it shouldn't impact them. They are only tied to Greek reforms which haven't been changed in this update. I am not sure why they would suddenly become unavailable. Its possible the thorax reforms didnt properly unlock your units. They should have unlocked at turn 140.

One thing to try is to edit the reform turns to be a turn later and see if they trigger.

Edit - There have been reports by some of issues with global reforms unlocking units properly for a very long time. I am going to investigate the issue.

Edit 2 - here is an older version of the fix pack if that helps with loading previous saves http://www.mediafire.com/file/qn91pf...May6.pack/file
    Last edited by Dresden; May 21, 2020 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The purple tech is not related to Armenia so it shouldn't impact them. They are only tied to Greek reforms which haven't been changed in this update. I am not sure why they would suddenly become unavailable. Its possible the thorax reforms didnt properly unlock your units. They should have unlocked at turn 140.

One thing to try is to edit the reform turns to be a turn later and see if they trigger.
    Thanks for the reply! How can I edit the reform turn?? Also I am playing a MP campaign against a Greek faction, could it be that I need to get to imperium lvl 5 as the greek player would to unlock my reforms?

I think the MP is the problem, if they have their reform hit then it may bug your reforms.

To edit reforms check out our reform manual in the manual thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...es-and-FAQ#R04

Here is the excerpt
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    How to Edit Reform Requirements
    1. Download and unpack PFM.
    2. Use PFM to open the DeI mod pack.
    3. Find the lua_scripts section. Under that section will be a file called reforms.lua.
    4. It should look like this:
    Global Reforms section

Player Reforms section

5. Find the reforms you want to edit. For example, for Rome the part should read:
    -- MAIN ROME CAMPAIGN
    _lib.requirements.main_rome.player = {
    roman = {3, 40, 5, 100, 7, 210},
    6. The first numbers are Imperium level, the second are turn numbers. So, if you want the first reforms to be Imperium 2 and turn 20 you would change the above line to read: roman = {2, 20, 5, 100, 7, 210},

My guess, unfortunately, is that this won't help in your case given its MP. Another option is to directly edit the save with EditSF and find each unit entry and unlock it. If you post your save I can try that.

I am working on a submod that hopefully will help those with this issue in MP.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 21, 2020 at 06:05 PM.

I think the MP is the problem, if they have their reform hit then it may bug your reforms.

To edit reforms check out our reform manual in the manual thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...es-and-FAQ#R04

Here is the excerpt
    3. Find the lua_scripts section. Under that section will be a file called reforms.lua.
    Global Reforms section

Player Reforms section

5. Find the reforms you want to edit. For example, for Rome the part should read:
    -- MAIN ROME CAMPAIGN
    6. The first numbers are Imperium level, the second are turn numbers. So, if you want the first reforms to be Imperium 2 and turn 20 you would change the above line to read: roman = {2, 20, 5, 100, 7, 210},

My guess, unfortunately, is that this won't help in your case given its MP. Another option is to directly edit the save with EditSF and find each unit entry and unlock it. If you post your save I can try that.

Thank you so much for trying to help me!! , I tried editing the save but cant find how to get to the unit entry and unlock it myself, so here is the save, I dont know how to attach it in here so here is the link to the save file
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlrzooc2c8qapy1/multiplayer_campaign_4af7ffc_15.save_multiplayer/file
    If you can help me somehow to unlock those units it would save my mp campaing, I hope its fixeable and I dont have to throw away a 150 turn mp campaign.

Here is the excerpt
    Global Reforms section

Player Reforms section

-- MAIN ROME CAMPAIGN

Hey Dresden, i like to play with early reforms for myself and AI. Was thinking if can do that with the new Media reforms? (which unlike the others, require certain locations)

I even took a look at "fixpack.pack" but didn't find how to change.

Media reforms are found under the saka_reform lua but are a bit harder to change. You need to find where the turn number is defined in the script itself.

@PBonadona Here is the save thats been edited. I can't promise it will work, I am not sure how save editing goes with multiplayer. You may have to send it to your friend also. Please keep a backup of your save file!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0cc5j...ltiplayer/file

This mod is amazing. Thanks.

I've got an issue with Parthia. I'm playing with 1.2.5b and this patch and it's loaded before the main mod files as instructed. I don't think it's user error at this point but hey, I could be wrong.
    I'm not using any sub mods and the only other mods I'm playing with are the AAA general mods (aging graphical mod) - graphical mods are supposed to be compatible but perhaps these aren't? they didn't mess up my rome campaign as far as i know

There's a few weird issues with army stances and public order from garrisoning. I start with the king in the city and he has all 4 stances but when i recruit another general he has only ambush and fortify stances available. When I switch the king out of the city his stances get all strange, sometimes he loses them and sometimes he keeps some of them. I don't really know what's happening.

I recruit units with the king in the capital and for some reason public order is going up from military presence up until some weird point - it's kinda hard to describe. Anyways, I switched 15 of his units over to a new general outside the city and then instead of that helping public order it acted like they were in the city and the normal public order malus was working (except they were outside the city)

The first technology military tree is very empty. No purple reform techs and many others missing too.
    https://imgur.com/iBMxOov
    https://imgur.com/dM20Yx3
    https://imgur.com/Ux0YNko

Last edited by rhinoinsomniac; May 24, 2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: trying to include screenshots (insert image didn't work)

The tech issue should have been fixed in a recent update but there are still some problems there I will be addressing soon.

Patrol region requires a certain number of units.

Garrisoning troops usually helps PO when they are a low number but hurts at higher troop counts.

Hello, I've encounter something during battle mode. When the battle is over and the enemy's army is entirely routed, I've give the order for my cavalry to chase and cut them down but they are killing my cavalry faster than during the battle itself. Is this a new feature or is it a bug?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Probably what happened is that your cavalry was already badly damaged so when they attacked routing spearmen (who have expert charge defence that reflects charge bonus back into charging unit, no matter from which side), they got damage from it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I really want to play as Media.

Is there a way I can activate it on steam by downloading the non-steam version?