Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated June 26)

Default Re: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released!

@KAM 2150

I have a question about some Parthian units. They have two light HA options - Pahlava and Daha. The Pahlava have slightly better range and damage, however less morale and cost almost double than the Daha. Comparing them with other HAs of steppe factions, Armenia and Bactria, it seems that the HAs with comparable cost to the Pahlava have 11 armor instead of 4. As it is, there is no incentive from gameplay point of view to recruit Pahlava - the Daha HAs are much cheaper and only at the cost of 1 missile damage and 10 range. Can you explain the reasoning behind this balancing?

The other thing is related to the cataphract archers. Before the reforms, there is the mid-range Asavaran-i-Dehbed (speed 7, high but not ultra-high armor), and the Daha nobles(speed 6, heavy armor); after the reforms, the Asavaran are replaced by the heavier Zrebaran version (speed 5), which, with the exception of a couple of armor and morale points have worse stats than the Daha nobles at comparable cost. Besides, personally, I find the difference between speed 5 and 6 to affect significantly cavalry performance.

Is it intended for the Asavaran-i-Dehbed to no longer be available, or do I have some kind of bug? I can't speak to the Parthian empire, but IIRC, the Sassanids reverted back to more of an all-rounder type heavy cavalry (less armor, in particular horse barding, more mobility, more weapon variety) after suffering several defeats against the Hephthalites.

And once again, congratulation on the work done on the battle pack, I'm glad it's making it's way into the main mod. Hoplites may perform a bit too well (at least against cavalry in the back/in breached formation), but overall it's a thing of beauty.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Hi I have wrote a whole section with suggestions and requests. It is 9 pages in google docs!

Please follow this link! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Please take a look! Thanks!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

To be honest I wanted to look into Parthian units in a long time. I will need to make a breakdown of what unit belong to what reforms and set them properly. Especially these Daha/HA guys!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Update
    - New unit cards added for Media from sourav.
    - Fixed missing late commander unit for Media
    - Fixed median technology upgrades being in other eastern trees.
    - Fixed Colchis svan warrior animation
    - Fixed bugged Egyptian Galatian Royal Guard skin.
    - Fixed bugged Illyrian general skin
    - Slight reduction to overcrowding effect on 1st class population.
    - Fixed a few incorrect weapon entries
    - Fixed Athenian AOR hoplite description text
    - Fixed a lot of incorrect mount entries causing floating riders after death. Big thanks to Paladin for the work!
    - Increased food, agriculture income and sell food edict income effect from livestock farm buildings.
    - Increased income and income modification effect from livestock forum main city building.

Credits
    Thanks to Paladin94610 for the help with various fixes!
    Once again big thanks to sourav for the Media unit cards.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Great work all!! I look forward to the update

Default Re: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated May 6)

Please make the Piraeus as a special port, there is a mod around that does it, but i think that i would fit DeI, after all you added Bibracte and Sarmizegetusa as special capitals.

Thanks for all the work!

i remember somewhere kam saying some HP values were modified. i couldn't find the entry in the db. does anyone know where i can see the HP values of different units?

and would anyone be able to elaborate what exactly are the effects of different fatigue levels? the tooltip just says "70% strength" or w/e does this mean damage output?

on first look, infantry charge does seem pretty reasonable now

Hey DeI Team,
    Great Work as usual. A lot of fun to play!

@Kam: What about the alternative Pike/Hoplite Mods? Will they be updated? I dunno if you wrote something about it.
    I love your new battlechanges but pikebehaviour seems rather bad. they get pushed trough easily, make the weirdest of turns and so on. I know that these problems are coreengineproblems, but it just kills the joy of DEI for me, your alternative Mods fixed that for me and I think quite a few others, so it would be great if you update them as soon as possible( a big request i know).

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    i remember somewhere kam saying some HP values were modified. i couldn't find the entry in the db. does anyone know where i can see the HP values of different units?

and would anyone be able to elaborate what exactly are the effects of different fatigue levels? the tooltip just says "70% strength" or w/e does this mean damage output?

on first look, infantry charge does seem pretty reasonable now
    All HP values were reworked, they are located in battle_entities table. Fatigue level affect unit melee attack, melee defence, speed, charge bonus, bracing and reloading. So if they are at 70% strength, it means that all of these stats are now only at 70% of their value.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredBoltgun View Post
    Hey DeI Team,
    Great Work as usual. A lot of fun to play!

@Kam: What about the alternative Pike/Hoplite Mods? Will they be updated? I dunno if you wrote something about it.
    I love your new battlechanges but pikebehaviour seems rather bad. they get pushed trough easily, make the weirdest of turns and so on. I know that these problems are coreengineproblems, but it just kills the joy of DEI for me, your alternative Mods fixed that for me and I think quite a few others, so it would be great if you update them as soon as possible( a big request i know).
    Both will be updated once Beta will be released as final. If I would make them work with beta, they would break base DeI for anyone who does not use Beta.

I'm at turn 60, Atropatene campaign, have the two purple techs researched and all the reform units, early and late reform, are grayed out and show "Error Unit has no class key assigned!" when I hover over them.

Hello, i think after this upd conclicts with DEI REALISM 1.6, i hope someone can fix it. Thank u for your great work.

Patrician

Beta patches are not meant to work with submods.

do syracuse have special wall towers in this version? the wall towers were absolutely wrecking my units in testudo which seemed wierd.

Patrician

I am not sure this is supposed to work with Testudo. With any submod to be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    I'm at turn 60, Atropatene campaign, have the two purple techs researched and all the reform units, early and late reform, are grayed out and show "Error Unit has no class key assigned!" when I hover over them.
    Sounds like you have another mod or submod conflicting with the script files. They definitely should have population classes assigned. The reform script should give you an advice message at turn 55 and then fully trigger at turn 65. If you have a submod that contains scripting, then it will break those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Sounds like you have another mod or submod conflicting with the script files. They definitely should have population classes assigned. The reform script should give you an advice message at turn 55 and then fully trigger at turn 65. If you have a submod that contains scripting, then it will break those things.
    I did get a couple of advisor messages.

It was Alexander. Now that I have deselected it, it is back to the proper "Different Reform Level required". I guess I need to play the next few turns to get to the first batch of new units. Speaking of, maybe it's a good idea to add the specific turns and conditions for the reforms in the Beta release notes.

Yep Alexander will conflict for now until its updated.

Good idea, I will add those.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSG View Post
    Hello, i think after this upd conclicts with DEI REALISM 1.6, i hope someone can fix it. Thank u for your great work.
    How so? I'm using both?

Patrician

Please do not use Beta with submods, we can't stress how important that is.

Foederatus

Hi Team, thank you for this great update. I'm really enjoying it so far. I have noticed a couple of inconsistencies regarding troop armour and speed that I would like to shed some light on. These mainly consist of core semi/professional troops for the factions mentioned, so I think they would be important to have a look at and and change if You deem it to be necessary.
    First of all I found a couple of thureophoroi spearmen who have 2 speed instead of 3 as this type troops generally are supposed to have.
    - Symmachoi thureophoroi from Sparta
    - Judaioi thureophoroi from Ptolemy
    - Galatai thureophoroi from Koinon Galaton
    Next there are some light barbarian units which also have 2 speed despite being rather leight/medium:
    - Thrakoi pezoi (8 armour) from Odrysian kingdom
    - Perkwunas (15 armour) from Leugoz
    - Sashnotoz (1 armour) also from Leugos
    - Lapodes machairophoroi from Ardiae (8 armour)
    I do not count basic levy spearmen available to most (especially barbaric and eastern) factions, as they are not professionals and cannot be expected to maintain a cohesion combined with speed as well as these semi/prefessional regiments, who also mostly are supposed to guard the flanks and attack the enemies' flanks.
    Furthermore, a range of barbarian and eastern axemen have only 2 speed in spite of being as lightly armoured as som other factions' counterparts or other troops in the same army of same tier. It has been like that for a while, I've noticed, so it may be deliberate, although I do think it is a shame since it limits their use as flankers. It concerns:
    - Tabagane eranshar (1 armour) from Parthia. (Media Atropatkene has the same unit with a speed of 3)
    - Bogiokingetoi from the Arverni (20 armour, 2 speed despite the Boii and Galatian counterparts both have 3 speed, the latter even clocking in with 28 armour)
    - Akwinas from the Kimbroz. All other melee infantry have 3 speed, a part from the bodyguard units.
    Lastly there are some inconsistensies regarding the new special horses feature:
    - For the Ptolemies, their Kleruchoi Sarrisaphoroi are lightly armoured (13) and have Thessalian horses but only a speed of 7, while the Lonchophoroi have a speed of 8 despite being more armoured (28) and not having Thessalian horses.
    For the Arverni, both their Rigeporedoi and Uerigeporedoi have 6 speed despite mounting Mairepos horses, while units from other factions (Nervii, Rome) having the same horses have a speed of 7.

I hope this helps, and again thank You very much for the modification in general. It has really saved the Total War experience for me, which otherwise would have been lost.