Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated June 26)

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released!

Cool, some great changes here.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am not sure that VMD was meant to stay in the fix pack, I will recheck it.

Edit- the one in the Ptolemy roster seems to be working okay for me
    Not sure where we should post issues with the public beta but here is a sceenshot of the bugged Ptolemy Galatian Royal Guard. This is from a custom battle. If you disable the public beta they go back to their old Galatian look.

https://imgur.com/a/1bAXk80

Ok thanks. Looks like they have a bugged skin variant, will fix it.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 04, 2020 at 01:41 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Right now the new Media technology reforms are invading other Eastern technology trees. Just a heads up, so if you play as one of the other eastern factions you will encounter this issue until the next update of the beta.

Much anticipated update, thanks for your hard work all! On top of all the other great changes and additions, I found the new faction traits by DMW to be a very significant improvement to the overall campaign for these factions - the vanilla faction traits are almost universally uninteresting and flavourless (+10% agriculture income... yawn) while DMW's new ones make for both interesting gameplay scenarios and a notably deeper sense of uniqueness for each faction. The traits interacting with the population system are an especially intriguing angle for further development IMO. I hope you'll eventually find the time to overhaul the traits for the rest of the non-barbarian factions!

Dresden, I had the polybian reforms trigger on turn 2 imperium 2, the event triggers, but I can't be able to recruit polybian units even after a few turns. The roster stays camillan.

Also, since someone mentioned The Ptolemaic Egypt, I'd like to remind you about the unit cards for ptolemaic swordsmen and ptolemaic thorax swordsmen: they're almost indistinguishable.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilNovi_SubSol View Post
    Much anticipated update, thanks for your hard work all! On top of all the other great changes and additions, I found the new faction traits by DMW to be a very significant improvement to the overall campaign for these factions - the vanilla faction traits are almost universally uninteresting and flavourless (+10% agriculture income... yawn) while DMW's new ones make for both interesting gameplay scenarios and a notably deeper sense of uniqueness for each faction. The traits interacting with the population system are an especially intriguing angle for further development IMO. I hope you'll eventually find the time to overhaul the traits for the rest of the non-barbarian factions!
    Thanks, I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    Dresden, I had the polybian reforms trigger on turn 2 imperium 2, the event triggers, but I can't be able to recruit polybian units even after a few turns. The roster stays camillan.

Also, since someone mentioned The Ptolemaic Egypt, I'd like to remind you about the unit cards for ptolemaic swordsmen and ptolemaic thorax swordsmen: they're almost indistinguishable.
    Polybian reforms are not on turn 2, so that sounds like some sort of bug or modded file. If you are trying to make them trigger early, I would pick a turn after 2 to test it. Also make sure you have the purple tech researched.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the purple tech. I thought the the first purple tech was for Marian reforms and the second one for Imperial reforms, while Polybian reforms depended solely on turn and imperium number. Sorry, Dresden, I haven't played it in a while, so I forgot. But hey, the request for different unit cards for ptolemaic swordsmen and thorax swordsmen still remains

One more thing: your Hetairoi Kataphraktoi submod from Steam is included in the latest fix or it is separate?

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

@Dresden

I don't know why my PM doesnt work. (I replied your PM but doesnt show up in sent items) So here it goes. I made it this time with rar file.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/juian7...i_fix.rar/file
    https://mega.nz/file/AdphST4B#zvCBO6...bkD1q6u8kiWT3w
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

I got the PM thanks! Appreciate it!!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about the purple tech. I thought the the first purple tech was for Marian reforms and the second one for Imperial reforms, while Polybian reforms depended solely on turn and imperium number. Sorry, Dresden, I haven't played it in a while, so I forgot. But hey, the request for different unit cards for ptolemaic swordsmen and thorax swordsmen still remains

One more thing: your Hetairoi Kataphraktoi submod from Steam is included in the latest fix or it is separate?
    Hetairoi Kataphraktoi are a separate thing as it is not that historically accurate
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Seems very promising, can I have any problems playing the Imperator Augustus campaign with the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Hetairoi Kataphraktoi are a separate thing as it is not that historically accurate
    Oh, sorry Kam, it is your submod, not Dresden's. Yeah, it's from EB, one of the best mods of the first Rome Total War.
    By the way, the alternative hoplite/phalanx/shieldwall submods are obsolete?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

EB is the best

Alternative phalanx submods will be updated after Beta goes live. At the moment they are not compatible.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    EB is the best

Alternative phalanx submods will be updated after Beta goes live. At the moment they are not compatible.
    It is great, but EB II is even better, even though the culture conversion takes way, way too long

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    Seems very promising, can I have any problems playing the Imperator Augustus campaign with the beta?
    Should be fine with all DLC campaigns.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 05, 2020 at 05:06 PM.

Where can I learn more about the new Barbarian traits?

Just load up the beta pack and check out faction selection I didn't want to have a huge patch notes list here but I guess if there is interest I can type them up.

Interesting)

I would very much be interested in adding the new faction traits to the patch notes