Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated June 26)

Icon4 [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released! (Updated June 26)

Divide et Impera 1.2.5c Public Beta

--> Download (Mirror) <--

*Many submods will not be compatible until they are updated!*

General Information
    After many months of hard work, we are happy to present the latest update for DeI in a public beta format. This update includes a ton of battle changes from KAM's latest experimental pack, new Media reforms and units from KAM, a new capital change button thanks to DETrooper, new faction traits for most Barbarian factions from DMW, and a lot of other fixes and changes. The reason we have decided on a beta is due to the new scripting and other major changes that would be best helped by a more public test setting. See below for all the details and download the pack from the above link. Please report any issues here in this thread and thanks for helping to test our latest beta!

Installation Instructions
    1. Download the pack from one of the links above. Place that pack in your Rome 2 data folder.
    2. When you load the game, click Mod Manager. Make sure the fix pack is listed above the main mod files and that the fix pack loads first. For now this is not available on Steam.

Once the beta has been going for awhile, we will update the main mod itself.

Save Compatibility
    Saves should be compatible with this update, but I would back them up just to be on the safe side. Also, new units that are reform locked will not be locked in save games.

New All Factions Playable Submod
    Can be downloaded here for testing and is installed in the same way as the fix pack. It can be loaded before or after the fix pack but must be loaded before the main mod. Only a 4TPY version for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch Notes

Battle Changes

- See full changes from the experimental pack for details. Highlights include:

Balance and other changes:
    - Ranged attack and reloading now properly apply fatigue to units.
    - Fatigue penalty increased but it takes longer to reach the various tiers.
    - Expert charge defense has been removed and replaced with better mass mechanics.
    - Slightly increased unit spotting range.
    - Reworked unit experience threshholds.
    - Reworked morale values to make them more balanced throughout a campaign.
    - Reduce killing power of infantry charge, units with expert charge defense can effectively counter charges.
    - Melee intervals (cooldown between attack animations) lowered from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
    - Spear units are now tougher to kill in melee, Sword units have a bonus vs infantry.
    - Unit hitpoints and weapon damage reworked, hopefully cavalry and elephants will take less casualties from autoresolve
    - Various specific units like agrianian infantry, Socii units and war dogs reworked.

Ranged Combat Changes:
    - Artillery ammo reduced, slightly increased damage to siege equipment from fire.
    - Iberians now have access to their historical flaming javelins.
    - Fixed trajectory of horse archer attacks sometimes preventing AI from fully using them.
    - Added small knockback chance to all ranged weapons when soldiers are wounded by projectiles.
    - Cavalry harder to decimate by precursor javelins of infantry but those javelins can now disrupt charges with knockback.

Battle AI Behavior:
    - AI should now use disciplined formation in defensive battles.
    - Both Shock and Melee cavalry are classified as shock cavalry now to improve AI use of those units.
    - Infantry without ranged weapons will now properly brace vs cavalry and will use non phalanx formations properly.

Unit Movement and Combat Animations:
    - All Thureophoroi and 2handed non heavy units now have 3 speed.
    - Pikes and Hoplites have a harder time passing through enemy units.
    - More rare kill animations should play out.
    - Slight increase to medium and heavy infantry speed.
    - Increased unit acceleration and deceleration speed to improve unit spacing after charge.
    - Improved unit spacing for many units and fixed issues of unit overlap.
    - Increased variety between soldier heights for various units.

UI Changes
    - Fatigue penalties are now added to the unit status (i.e. Fresh 100% strength, Tired 70% strength)
    - Morale % is now displayed on the unit UI status when you hover over your unit (i.e. Eager Morale 85-100%)
    - Added ranged stats to elephant UI display

New Special Horses & Cavalry Changes

- Various units now have special horse types that give them specific bonuses.
    - New Thessalian horse entry that combines both speed and charge power.
    - Numidian horse that lacks charge but has great speed/acceleration, guerilla deployment and ignores ground penalties.
    - Celtic Mairepos warhose that has speed and a greater charge power due to size.
    - New Parthian Nisean horses as well.
    - Camels now have custom weapon entries with a combat advantage over horses and a larger morale hit against cavalry.
    - Reduced and added more variety to cavalry running speeds.
    - Elephants have been reworked - they are more resilient against ranged and a bit easier to kill in prolonged melee. Fixed an issue where some tower elephants had double the hitpoints intended.
    - Reduced strength of frontal cavalry charge on fresh units but increased ratio of AI cycle charging. AI will cycle charge less if they are doing well in melee.
    - Cavalry takes larger casualties when pulling out of combat.
    - Iberian horses once again have their unique look and changed look of Iberian armored horse.

Campaign\Unit Changes

New Median Overhaul and Reforms (Preview)
    - New reform units added for Atropatkan. Around 9 new units, added at 2 reform levels.
    - 2 new custom reforms: Iranian (65 turns) and Imperial (211 turns and certain regions).
    - Media can now confederate with other Persian factions.
    - New faction emblem and unit cards.
    - New Persian culture emblem.

New Units For Other Factions
    - 3 new Spartan units, new Parthian unit, new Nabatean unit, updated Rhodian unit, new Cretan Mercenary unit, new Sarmatian unit and new Hellenic AOR Galatian unit.
    - Changed visuals and stats for Camillan Equites and Campanian Cavalry.
    - Changed visual for Syrian elephants.
    - Updated visuals for three Parthian Cataphracts units and Dahae Nobles.

New Barbarian Faction Traits from DMW
    - Updated traits for Gallic, Germanic, British and Iberian factions to make them much more unique.
    - Highlights include the Arverni's new ability to form client states, new population system interaction for various factions, and more.

Naval Overhaul Summary from Demosthenes26
    - Ramming speeds, acceleration, and base ramming damage have been increased to make ramming more effective. Most ships can sink a ship of the same type in two rams. This makes double-teaming a great tactic, as a follow-up ram from a short distance has reduced force.
    - Updated the recruitment templates for all AI Hellenic factions, reflecting battle fleets and patrol fleets with historical faction considerations. Generally an "early" and a "late" version of each, with the late version given preference once those ships are available.
    - More Scorpions added on Tetreres level ships and up.
    - Lighter vessels now have further campaign movement range than heavier vessels, allowing for patrol vs battle fleets.
    - More Hellenic factions can recruit Hexaremes and Hepteres, with variation depending on the faction.

New Capital Change Button
    - The button has been moved to a new location in the top right of the settlement panel. Thanks to DETrooper for the UI wizardry!
    - The button will no longer have the overlay problem for some players after battles and will no longer open the encyclopedia when clicked.
    - Some text issues fixed.

Major Campaign Changes
    - Barbarian transport ships will now be immune to attrition when near one of their cities.
    - Fixed AI Carthage's defense script and made it more robust.
    - Women generals for factions that have them now receive the Commander/Brawler/Scholar traits.
    - Women politician-only characters now have special personality and background traits. Existing women in save games will retain older versions of these traits.
    - Agents now have new background traits with effects better suited for them. Existing agents retain older traits.
    - Fixed various ancillaries that were triggering but not being assigned (thanks MrTimbe!) and lowered some chances for ancillaries that were happening too frequently.
    - Slight reduction to overcrowding effect on 1st class population.
    - Commander trait will no longer decrease from "close victories".
    - Intellectual trait has a slightly higher chance to increase and slightly lower chance to decrease.
    - New faction emblems for various factions to make them more in line with other emblems. Thanks to Jake!

All Factions Playable Submod

- Victory conditions have been added for all factions.
    - New frontend map images for all factions from Lugos. Huge thanks!
    - Fixed issue where autosaving wasn't working properly.

Smaller Changes/Fixes
    - New Persian culture emblem added.
    - Fixed various units not being properly designated as bodyguard units and missing out on commander effects.
    - Changed supply system region names to match our city names rather than the now defunct region name system.
    - Fixed Seleucid Companion cavalry unit not properly locking when late version is made available through reforms (new campaign only).
    - Replaced Companion Cavalry unit card with older version.
    - Fixed typo in intellectual trait description.
    - Fixed missing ancillary image.
    - Increased food, agriculture income and sell food edict income effect from livestock farm buildings.
    - Increased income and income modification effect from livestock forum main city building.
    - Fixed Athenian AOR hoplite description text
    - Fixed bugged Illyrian general skin
    - Changed Libyan Hoplites for Carthage to 3rd class.
    - Fixed light cavalry masters army tradition having inverted effects for tier 2/3.
    - Reverted Apulian and Lucanian unit hoplon patterns to older versions.
    - Fixed starting RoR Roman family leader traits
    - Added new unit cards for Egypt Thorax swords and 2 Macedonian bodyguard units.
    - Fixed population size for a Meroe unit.
    - Fixed a Barbarian ancillary image.
    - Added missing effects to Syracuse HatG special temple.
    - Fixed flavor text for Military Academy buildings.
    - Fixed Galatian Noble cav missing legs.
    - Fixed incorrect upgrade chains for Hellenic iron main city buildings.

Credits
    - KAM for all the crazy hard work on so much of this update - from the battle changes to the Media overhaul!
    - Mr Timbe for the hard work helping to fix the ancillary issue and the great help with the barbarian supply transports. Big thanks!
    - Lugos for all the great work on the AFP submod art
    - DMW for the hard work on the faction trait ideas
    - Big thanks to DETrooper for the UI work on the change capital button!
    - Thanks to Jake for the new Media emblem and many faction emblems.
    - Thanks to Paladin94610 for the help with various fixes!
    - Once again big thanks to sourav for the Media unit cards.
    - Major thanks to Demosthenes for all the work on the naval changes
    - Thanks to Celticus for the new sword model and helmet texture.
    - Thanks to Shapur e Sassani for help with Median names.
    Last edited by Dresden; June 26, 2020 at 06:27 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [PUBLIC BETA] 1.2.5c Released!

Grats on the release, looking forward to testing out these battle changes especially.

Civis

Hey team great work so far i will try it soon.
    I wanna ask if i remember correctly you also have special horses that is Numidian , Mairepos , Thessalian where is the 4th Parthian ? Would you not implement it on the game yet?

I think Nisean is in there I just forgot it in the patch notes.

Edit - added it in the notes, thanks
    Last edited by Dresden; May 03, 2020 at 03:39 PM.

Civis

Ok Dresden no problem keep up the good work!

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Sorry for not quoting - im on my mobile. Can you shed sone light on "new population system interactions"? Quite interested what this is all about. Cheers!

Some of the factions/cultures have increased population growth for specific classes.

Hello!!! I played DeI with sub mods All factions playable at 4tpy, Building Icons, AAA Generals, No clouds and a couple of more sub mods. My problem is when I play the Beta with the 3 DeI mods, my turn times take about 5 minutes and ending battles takes awhile also. My question is do I have to verify integrity so I can speed up the game. I played as Rome Patricians, like the battles, seems skirmishers can do more damage now.

I did have English names sub mod and no cloud. I'll try to verify then not use those sub mods to see what happens.

I verified and that seemed to have helped. I think I was in wrong thread lol.

Wonderful!

Awesome update, I look forward to many future campaigns, just a few things I thought to mention though:
    Are all cavalry supposed to have a horse trait? As currently some do and some don't (Check seleucids).
    Also small inconsistency with the Seleucid Hellenic Cataphract as they have average stamina instead of poor.
    Not related to this update but will the other greek/diadochi factions be brought up to Pergamese standards? They seem to have good everything right now (which is cool!).

I think the gameplay of managing cataphract stamina is ok but they still feel like heavy cav to me, in my opinion they should feel more like there own class of cavalry and have to be managed differently. Idk if it is possible to change the effect stamina has on specific units but if it could be modelled so that Cataphracts could dominate other cavalry and also be quite prevalent in melee for a short time only while there stamina is high (their armor provided very good protection from various missiles, pikes and spears, the current stats are only just higher than regular late heavy cav). Also having their other flaws such as being vunerable to flanking infantry so they would often need to be supported by additional cav in certain engagments. An example of their balance could be at the Battle of Immae, Aurelian was able to beat the palmyrene cataphracts using light cav by exhausting them, but would have been slaughtered in a fresh engagment such as the Battle of Panium in which the Ptolemaic Aetolian cavalry were quickly routed against the Seleucid Cataphracts.

Centenarius

Thank you for all the hard work DEI team and contributors.

Update: Getting a strange graphical glitch with some of the men in the Egyptian Galation Royal Guard. It is like there is a monster trying to get out of the armor.
    Last edited by Fluke; May 03, 2020 at 08:30 PM.

I am not sure that VMD was meant to stay in the fix pack, I will recheck it.

Edit- the one in the Ptolemy roster seems to be working okay for me
    Last edited by Dresden; May 03, 2020 at 09:14 PM.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

I have fixed the following -
    - Wrong mount entries in land_units (which makes certain cavalry units to float in the air when they die). For that I created new mounts with appropriate sword_shield and spear_shield entries (while keeping battle entities intact)
    - Svan Warriors (elite archers from Colchis) having wrong man_animations (rom_man_composite_bow_spear_shield_cavalry) which causes the battle to crash
    - Changed unit classes from cav_shk to cav_mis for all bow-lance hybrid cavalry units (otherwise AI will stand there and shoot you till they run out of ammo which is 15. You can simply charge at them because they cannot skirmish since they are assigned to shock cavalry class)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7o7tz1kr3jlxhpk/125cbeta_mountani_fix.pack/file
    Last edited by Paladin94610; May 04, 2020 at 01:13 AM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Thanks for helping out!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin94610 View Post
    I have fixed the following -
    - Wrong mount entries in land_units (which makes certain cavalry units to float in the air when they die). For that I created new mounts with appropriate sword_shield and spear_shield entries (while keeping battle entities intact)
    - Svan Warriors (elite archers from Colchis) having wrong man_animations (rom_man_composite_bow_spear_shield_cavalry) which causes the battle to crash
    - Changed unit classes from cav_shk to cav_mis for all bow-lance hybrid cavalry units (otherwise AI will stand there and shoot you till they run out of ammo which is 15. You can simply charge at them because they cannot skirmish since they are assigned to shock cavalry class)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7o7tz1kr3jlxhpk/125cbeta_mountani_fix.pack/file
    Thanks! I was going to add file that you posted in exp pack some time ago but by the time I wanted to use it, linked was not working anymore.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Thank you for this update. You guys are the best!

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    - Melee intervals (cooldown between attack animations) lowered from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
    Does this mean pace of combat will be twice as fast?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, as everything else was changed too, there will just a bit more "action" when you watch melee from close up.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast