Hello everyone, I decided to test this mod after having it for a while.

I have some questions about the mod and submods, before I start investing time in this.

First, the version: I have from steam:
Ancient Empires Public Release v1.2.02 - part 1
Ancient Empires Models Pack - Part2

I also have [MAGA] Region Trading - Alpha (V0.1.1)
and [MAGA] Region Trading - Ancient Empires v1.2.02 Compatibility Fix

Is that what I need? Or I miss something?

_________________________________________________________________________________
Questions:
When fishing in the Workshop I found several submods for AE, including some "softcore" stuff that makes things easier. I am not looking to become Charlemagne, I want to enjoy a reasonable game. However, usually I simply add a submod that gives me +15% income and +4 public order or something and I play on normal.
Would that work here or the game will be punishing?

Furthermore, what about the CAI? What I mean is that it is often the case that large factions defend poorly their large empires. I have found it is more challenging (and happens more dynamically) to challenge a faction with 5-6 settlements and a couple of vassals and allies than a faction with 20 settlements. As such, I simply increase manifold the chances of the CAI to make vassals and give all factions the Sassanid bonus to get more $$$$ from vassals.
Is this needed here? Or there are other checks and balances to make factions with 30 settlements challenging?

What about burning of regions and recolonizing? I was used to play Attila with a mod that made colonization cheaper and enticed the CAI to do it. How is this handled in this mod?

Big-Empires penalties: To be sincere I usually feel a bit :/ about the level of punishment for having a large empire in usual games. I can understand the increased chance of civil war, some minor or moderate penalties and increased corruption, but in both R2TW and ATW I felt that it was a bit too harsh.
Is this somehow mitigated in this game? If not, I can reduce it by a personal mod, I just want to know if I have to keep that in mind.