View Poll Results: Shall Cookiegod be granted citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

8 61.54%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Commissar Caligula_)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: [Citizen] Cookiegod

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Sigh... my "recommendation" was said in a jest.. on a discord server..
    No takesies backsies

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Commissar Caligula_)

I was prompted for input. Input I shall give.

This is a lazy application that expands on my own premise of saying 'if they're really silly enough to give me citizenship, here you go' and throwing a first-draft splotch of text at Athelstan that was run with. The kicker? It somehow passed, and it passed on one of my most dubious achievements being clung to as the premise if one looks at the discussions.

On that basis and the precedence linked by Hader, what are the standards, really? Do they exist anymore, were they ever truly sound? Further, the people who complain about the lack of links and pose opposition on the premise being lacking are the same people who were involved in my application passing with zero downvotes and a pair of abstains. It wasn't because my content is significantly better than Cookie's aside from meager staff involvement that's practically doubled since the time of the application. We both spew our on off days, spew our intellectualism and our on our normal days, and occasionally have something insightful to say on a good day. I'd say we've passed the point of becoming sticklers on an application linking to our accomplishments (the only link in my application was a link provided by an anti-curialist in the CCT to my sole hotseating achievement that was then picked up on), or being written in a way that's truly serious. As much as it might be nice to change this trend, I think one should be conscious that the distinctions made today are the fragile holdouts of a mentality in the Curia that has already collapsed, with very weak effort towards seeing something different.

The candidate himself, well. As far as site contributions his pitch isn't far from akar's before akar started getting back into Content. Activity is a bit meh. The few gems in the sea I would say are pretty good gems, and point to me the existence of someone rather useful under a ing exterior that will invariably bend the institution's rules and standards further. I don't really judge well without good metrics. In this way I feel being a Magistrate sticking closely to the TOS is infinitely simpler than trying to splice together common standards for citizenship in a day where the entire institution has badly eroded and said standards were barely defined in the first place, less so now than ever. I guess I'll support because why not, personal experience paints to me someone I'd be a hypocrite for not giving the same chance as I had considering a few uncanny similarities in style. And ultimately, though it wasn't him, an experience on discord with a similar user becoming a moderator turned out very alright in the end. So again, why not.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; May 09, 2020 at 09:35 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Poll added
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

A wise man once said: "For and giggles I'll do anything"

You have my undying SUPPORT, unless I die, then you're on your own

Humor is a dangerous art. If truly appreciated you earn loincloth if not, Well, you probably won't make citizenship. His humorous application certainly speaks to the issue at hand.
    Is his humor in some way a lack of seriousness towards citizenship? Maybe
    Is he a contributor to the forum? Certainly
    Is he a spammer? I don't think so.
    Is he model poster (polite and thoughtful)? I can certainly see a little of everything.

If his humor is off putting, then don't consider it. Consider what citizenship is. He is a contributor and the mere fact he wants to go through the process it is indication of wanting to be a citizen. I like to think is over the top humor is a mechanism for rejection. I won't do that here and neither should anyone who value citizenship and what it means to the site.

SUPPORT

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Hold on, Cookie and I weren't consulted about it going to the poll yet. We've decided to withdraw the application so we can work on fixing it, and then we'll resubmit it once we've addressed the issues that people have raised.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Thread locked and moved to archive (or it will be shortly after you read this ). Feel free to create a new application when the both of you feel ready. I wish you both the best of luck on it and I look forward to supporting a more serious proposal.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12