View Poll Results: Shall Cookiegod be granted citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

8 61.54%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Commissar Caligula_)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Commissar Caligula_)

Oi m8es! No need to didgeridoodle with this bogan for too long. I got a fair dinkum ripper who's as popular as a rattle snake in a lucky dip who'd be cat's pajamas for this codswallop. This Bikkie never fails to crack my fat so he truly deserves it.
    Applicant's BS Abstract
    In the beginning was the word, and the word was Cookiegod, and wherever he treadeth ever since, far too many words do follow. And now I have treadeth here, in these hallowed halls of debate and wisdom in their greatest moment of need, for I am kind hearted and see thee in an existential crisis, where hard questions are asked. What is the curia there for? Do we need one at all? How can we stop the decline? Should we blame it on Akar or on the Swede? How many awards before Gigantus morphs into Terantus? Can there be too much praise of the Communist Party of China? What is love? Is it that tingly feeling one feels when saying “I told you so”? If so, wouldn’t it make all the more sense to vote me in? I have all the answers for all the questions asked by no one.

What I have contributed with so far:
    - Posted in the help thread, until I realised most people there a) either post out of short term frustration/despair and might actually be embarrassed later on, and/or b) could need some professional help (not saying they’re nutters, just that none of us are qualified to give good enough advice), and c) mostly don’t post that much info that any of us can actually judge it with different eyes and only give the advice that the threadmaker must anticipate given the limited info he gives.
    - Posts in the Prothalamos etc. sections where I mostly try being constructive, yet I’m pretty sure the boat has sailed and any salvation is far beyond the technical & institutional feasibility. -> we’re doomed.
    - A great many violent deaths in the POTWs & GPOTWs
    - Posted upskirting pictures in the GPOTW. Still managed to lose.
    - A great many nominations in the user of the year categories. Still managed to lose all of them.
    - 2 AARs, one of them finished, one not exactly started yet still ongoing since it started years ago.
    - A feud with Derc.
    - A feud with Akar.
    - Broken alliances and backstabbing with Roma Victrix and Diamat.
    - Akar’s best jokes.
    - Destruction of ep1c since before he was coping.
    - Deep-seeded hatred of anything (or anyone) Swedish.
    - Disgust of anything Swabian.
    - Dislike of anything pro Trump
    - Dislike of anything anti Drumpf
    - Disgust of todays movie/tv/art industry
    - Generally a very positive and upbeat attitude
    - especially when concerning the Communist Party of China

Am I the hero you deserve? No. Am I the hero you need? Maybe. In the words of that gay dude from The Imitation Game:
    “Sometimes it’s the people no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine.”
    I too, have dreams, and visions of the future of the site, when selfmedicating. The ones with Derc in them are ill boding. "Do you know what nemesis means?” I hear him say: “A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible C, me." And all the response I can muster is “Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me, no more.” Something needs to be done about the Derc problem.

Now it is true that I am no stranger to controversy either. I have never let the fear of striking out keep me from playing the game.[1] Sure, I have made mistakes. Conscience is that still, small voice that I won’t listen to.[2] Like so many things, it is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts.[3] And inside me are a great many things. We were only given a spark of madness. We mustn’t lose it.[4] I can’t go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.[5] So as you vote on this application, remember:
    Let him who is without sin cast the first scone.
    [6]

References:
    [1] Cinderella
    [2] Cricket, Jiminy: Pinocchio, 1940.
    [3] Doe, Merchant: Aladdin, 1992.
    [4] Williams, Robin
    [5] Wonderland, Some slag in
    [6] Cookiejesus
    [7] My bribery, bullying and blackmail tactics failed to gain me some proper references, so the above have to do. Except wait no, here's from General Brewster:
    Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster
    Cookie is a monster that belives people impregnate cats. Excellent citizen material
    I take what I can get.

And finally, as per tradition a picture of a cat!
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 03, 2020 at 05:45 AM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: [Citizen] Cookiegod

Application is a bit barebones but from interacting with this person I can say they definitely deserve it. Next time, please put some effort in. For now though, Support.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, at least this application thought me that my knowledge of Aussie slang is woefully bodgy.

I don't see much substance to convince me to support this, to be honest. It also doesn't help that neither the Commissar or the Cookie could be bothered to provide some links to the gems in Cookies repertoire. It's not that I demand walls of text and a page long list of links to the various contributions the applicant made, but a bit of effort could and in my view, should be made. It seems like more and more the goal is trying to get applications approved with as less effort as possible.

For now I will follow this discussion and perhaps be convinced by points made by others.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

While entertaining, it lacks substance and specific contributions. In addition, I don't speak kangaroo and as such a large chunk of this is unintelligible.

Opposed.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I have to agree with KA here. Also, there are no links to Cookiegod's contributions and therefore I cannot support this application.

Opposed.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'll drop a casual reminder here that I got General Brewster's application through with a mere 2 words.

...so in essence I did nothing, and he passed entirely on his own merits. Food for thought

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Those were simpler (and darker) times...

The thread is funny, but as far as applications go it's pretty lacking. I can't support until more substance is added.

Opposed.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Commissar Caligula_)

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    I'll drop a casual reminder here that I got General Brewster's application through with a mere 2 words.
    ...so in essence I did nothing, and he passed entirely on his own merits. Food for thought

Well, I would say that is in essence an excellent example of a solid client paragraph. I would have voted yes for that too.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 03, 2020 at 11:05 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I want Cookie to try harder to impress me.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

The application is lacking, therefore I must oppose.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I somewhat feel torn in two with this application, but after all I believe I must oppose it, I'm afraid. It's not the lacking application, but more the lack of contributions and the general attitude shown by the applicant that does not convince me.. in particular it's his lack of sense of community (his bit about his contributions in the PH&A at the beginning of the application says it all, IMO) that makes me think that he should do more and better to show that he really cares about contributing at TWC. He's certainly not a newbie, having registered 10 years ago, but he was never very active.. while this per se isn't an issue with regards to qualitative contributions, all put together (or not put, better to say) doesn't convince me.

In all due honesty I see this as an application done just like "hey let's try it, I don't care much about TWC, but since others recently got away with it, why not trying my luck?"
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Very much this ^

And application can be so-so, which I know very well, see Commodus' one. However, no matter the application it is the contributions that matter the most, and there aren't really that much to speak of. I like Cookie (Despite him calling me a Swede), but I don't think his contributions (which from this application boils down to 1 1/8 AAR, the occational mudpit post and a large amount of screenshot competition victories) is enough to warrant citizenship.
    and Peaman

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I don't think his contributions (which from this application boils down to... a large amount of screenshot competition victories) is enough to warrant citizenship.
    Sounds like you're jealous that he has more competition wins that you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Sounds like you're jealous that he has more competition wins that you.
    I am, but that's beside the point
    and Peaman

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I have been following Cookiegod's participation in the screenshot contests. He does have some talent and this is reflected in his win totals. If this information was properly formatted and presented it would provide a strong argument for my support of this application.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

My SUPPORT is beyond questioning.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

I know Cookie as active and caring. And I say support.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

If this post had more effort I may have considered supporting
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Opposed.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Sigh... my "recommendation" was said in a jest.. on a discord server..

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post

And look how that got me 2 abstains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast