Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Armed protesters demonstrate inside Michigan state capitol

Default Re: Armed protesters demonstrate inside Michigan state capitol

The First Amendment is a direct Constitutional right. No matter how much you despise it, you can do nothing about it, beyond advocating for violence and intimidation to be used against those exercising their constitutional rights.

Someone in the party of "Lock her up!" telling me he cares about the constitution? Not buying it. For the third time, nothing about a quarantine or lockdown is unconstitutional. This is the reality you are desperately trying to convince everyone doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Someone in the party of "Lock her up!" telling me he cares about the constitution? Not buying it. For the third time, nothing about a quarantine or lockdown is unconstitutional. This is the reality you are desperately trying to convince everyone doesn't exist.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Please, answer me this. Does it every physically hurt, like does it even cause you physical pain, to be so easily and completely proven to be totally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I know how difficult this is for you to comprehend, but I did not say anything about the 'constitutionality' of "a quarantine or lockdown". So you "desperately" trying to convince yourself that I did is only going to work on you, at least until you get your little dictatorial fantasy to come true and get be modern day Eisenstein or Riefenstahl.
    Your views on the constitution are plainly apparent from your calls for martial law and summarily jailing people who exercise their constitutionally guaranteed rights.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Meh. The constitution is a living document. It can be amended. Constitutionality is relative and open to interpretation. Etc. Etc. Blah. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Please, answer me this. Does it every physically hurt, like does it even cause you physical pain, to be so easily and completely proven to be totally wrong?
    Is walking around , so heavily armed, peaceful assembly? Bearing in mind that US police forces are quite willing to shoot at unarmed men ( and dogs).
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Is walking around , so heavily armed, peaceful assembly?
    Yes. Particularly when noting Michigan is an open carry state.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

:

The Supreme Court of the United States has held that the First Amendment protects the right to conduct a peaceful public assembly.[3] The right to assemble is not, however, absolute.
    https://www.loc.gov/law/help/peaceful-assembly/us.php

The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13] Statutes that prohibit people from assembling and using force or violence to accomplish unlawful purposes are permissible under the First Amendment.[14]
    Educate yourself.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567