Thread: Trajan and Britannia DLC

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Trajan and Britannia DLC

Rumours - and they are only rumours - that at least one new Rome 2 DLC is due to be announced in the coming weeks. The most likely being one based on Trajan's Dacian Wars, the second based on the Roman conquest of Britain. An Alexander DLC was talked about as well as part of a definitive edition.
    Last edited by legate; May 24, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: Trajan and Britannia DLC

Do you have any further information or sources? Seems very unlikely but I would certainly welcome new contents for the game.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Sorry, thats is really only a rumour, no new added depot or new unknown "dlc" except the launcher in the database since months.

The teams are all busy too.

Saga-Team with Troy TW, WH-Teams with WH III, NEW-DLC-TEAm with new content for Three Kingdoms.

And Britannia and Trajan is very unlikely, as it would add nothing new.

Although i would like an India expansion because of possible new models (tunics, armours, headgear), its quite unprobably at this point.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Well the rumour centres around another rumour that Troy is to be delayed until late 2020-21. CA are therefor planning new historical content to fill in the meantime. Why they haven't been released before now had me questioning this until I got a more solid source this afternoon. The Britannia campaign was half finished before it was sidelined prior to the release of Attila. The Dacian campaign was also from unfinished content.
    Last edited by legate; May 01, 2020 at 11:26 AM.

Still makes no sense, as Troy is already announced sometime in 2020.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...War_Saga_TROY/

I personally don't believe it, as Bulgaria isn't hit so hard by the Corana pandemy (CA Sofia is making Troy).

But we will see.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Original Troy release date in SteamDB is November 20. (just scroll like to changes from 2019 around September..).it was later changed to coming 2020. Just keep in mind there were aiming at Q4...Just a lot people were thinking about Q2-3 but for all we know we might be still a 6+ months from release....

Another problem, quess who was doing R2 recent DLCs.....Team in Sofia, which is now doing Troy. So let´s say Troy is being delayed....so it needs more work, how can they divert people to R2 DLC...

The last depot activity...was in January and it is labeled as AK test...Assembly Kit test. If you remember issue with compiling startpos under new launcher...

Like I would love more DLC just this would be yet again unexpected return to R2.

EDIT: plus shifting Troy is hitting release/announcement/hype window for Wh3. Like there is enough content for Wh2 but CA hinted already we are nearing end. May-September 2021. They probably won´t release Troy a few months ahead.
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 01, 2020 at 11:50 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Who is doing Troy if not CA Sofia?

As long, as it doesn't change Startpos-File of Grandcampaign, new content would be instantly bought.^^

It would appear that a number of DLC/FLCs for Rome 2 and Attila are being considered - many of which were never released for whatever reason.

Why? They can always do more Wh/3K DLC...there are teams for that. I can see R2 DLC but Attila, really? They went so far that ToB is fully standalone, not integrated ala FotS and only time Attila is mentioned is that ToB is based on that engine...Doing ANY DLC for Attila would probably require a lot resources just to improve performance etc.

Using my data from
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15899743

Recent players/owners estimation a month, two ago...
    Empire 2-5 mils, dialy peak players 5,2K
    Napoleon 2-5 mils, peak 2,5k
    Shogun 2 still no owners estimation, peak 3,5k
    Rome2 2-5 mils, peak 11K
    Attila 1-2 mils, peak 4K
    Wh1 2-5 mils, peak 2,2K
    ToB 200-500K, peak 1K
    Wh2 2-5 mils, peak 25,6K
    3K 2-5mils, peak 14,2K
    Attila, ToB...no chance to get anything. Any marketing person would say so...R2 , 3K, Wh2. Only reason we got R2 DLC before was because ToB was far in future, 3K too and only running TW was WH at the moment. But now?

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Well Attila could really use some love (optimization or new DLC), but I don't know if they will ever go back to it, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sana Kan View Post
    Well Attila could really use some love (optimization or new DLC), but I don't know if they will ever go back to it, unfortunately.
    Which is a shame since its far better than Rome 2 imo (with the exception of optimisation).

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by legate View Post
    Which is a shame since its far better than Rome 2 imo (with the exception of optimisation).
    Agreed. I don't mind more stuff for Rome II, but it would be very nice if they made an Attila DLC for the main campaign (like Empire Divided or Imperator Augustus), with a revamped map and such.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

As I posted in the thread about this on Steam:

While I'd love to see more content for Rome 2, it seems unlikely at this point.

The two unknown Steam database entries have been there for years and are most likely something to do with testing I would think.

There's also the matter of finite resources and manpower.

CA already has Three Kingdoms DLC, Warhammer 2 DLC, Warhammer 3, Troy, and probably something from the team that made Alien Isolation, and whatever the next Historical title will be is also probably in early stages as they seem to like to overlap. That doesn't leave much spare capacity to be also making DLC for a third game (Rome 2,) especially when the two teams we know make DLC (Historical New Content and Fantasy New Content) are already known to be working on DLC for Three Kingdoms and Warhammer 2 respectively.

If OP could provide sources for this rumour I'd be willing to reconsider. But as it stands I don't believe it's likely that CA is working on Rome 2 DLC.
    So I think it's wishful thinking on the part of whoever started the rumour.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I believe we will see Troy around November time.
    Last edited by legate; May 02, 2020 at 08:38 AM.

I believe we will see Troy around November time.
    My a few days old post..
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15897884
    Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Just going through some stuff...

Original release date was 27.11.2020... which was changed to 2020. This is 6+ month old change as of now but given current situation we can think about that. It is April and it looks like news about next Wh2 DLC are going to be out in May (CA comfirmed delay) that is putting release date at best at June. Which in turn would mean Troy at earliest at September but that could be again easily fall back to November as of current situation...

But then we got one comment from Grace which went little undetected from my side Comment is from 23.3.2020 and from that point situation in Europe is not back in normal yet..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...mui/?context=3
    So Troy is no longer being delayed? Great! But I´m sorry, you sounds contradicting your own words...Same with R2/Attila. There is no trace of any additional content in Attila and if any campaign was almost finished, it would be there.

It would appear that a number of DLC/FLCs for Rome 2 and Attila are being considered - many of which were never released for whatever reason.
    Rumours - and they are only rumours - that at least one new Rome 2 DLC is due to be announced in the coming weeks. The most likely being one based on Trajan's Dacian Wars, the second based on the Roman conquest of Britain.
    Well the rumour centres around another rumour that Troy is to be delayed until late 2020-21. CA are therefor planning new historical content to fill in the meantime. Why they haven't been released before now had me questioning this until I got a more solid source this afternoon. The Britannia campaign was half finished before it was sidelined prior to the release of Attila. The Dacian campaign was also from unfinished content.
    Things that are just considered will never ever make it to public. They are just on drawboards, many discarded ideas....Problem with first statement is, from pre-production to actual release it is quite long time even for DLC. Normally it is not such problem because while one group is making pre-production for next DLC, other is finishing,testing previous DLC...

If something is to be announced, it is already locked for release. Greenlighted, development is in full swing. There would be countless hints..SteamDB etc. But there is nothing. Wh2 DLC is being released in a month, is being worked on for 5+ months at this points and it is yet unannounced..but we can see the work.

I have the least problems with the last statement. Actually I can imagine that those two old DLC in SteamDB might be some leftovers. But why now. 3K was delayed for almost year..this is just Saga while 3K is live TW game.

Unless there is some proof, hint... I fear it is wishful dreaming at best...

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

As much as I would absolutely love more campaign DLC (along with free updates that add / fix more features to the game which aren't really possible through modding) and be absolutely wrong, like I was back in 2017 with the sudden announcement of Empire Divided, I don't think this is true. At this point it just doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Benjin; May 02, 2020 at 01:49 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Well we will see very shortly.
    Last edited by legate; May 03, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

Well we will see very shortly.
    Any sources? Or what are you basing your assumptions on? I´m honestly curious because I saw a lot stuff about next Warhammer DLC but no rumors, notes about R2/Attila stuff. Like if you heard from someone reliable. Why not...but usually in such cases there are hints from multiple sources and now it looks like you are the only one who heard those rumors....

Of course I would be happy like many others. But even before a new campaign, the battlefield editor for Rome 2, which was also announced once. It can't be, that it is only available for Attila