Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CTD with medieval definitive edition

Default CTD with medieval definitive edition

"Medieval II has encountered and unspecified errror and will now exit"

This isn't the first time this has happened. And i'm just playing a vanilla game, no mod.
    Last edited by Gaul; July 17, 2020 at 02:32 PM.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: CTD with medieval definitave edition

That means incredibly little without more context, including when this stated, what you've done since the last time it worked (if it did, if it didn't how did mods work, or do you have them) and how you're running the game. Specifically, at what point in the game that CTD occurs. I have random CTDs too, and they're quite meaningless.

It seems random. I just played a whole hour and a half with no crashes. But when it happens it's in the middle of an end of turn.

The autosave saves right before the end of turn starts. So my autosave is what I go back to with no game loss.

No mods yet, just thought i'd play a vanilla game.
    Last edited by Gaul; April 30, 2020 at 05:03 PM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Does it happen consistently, or randomly, and what faction in particular does it crash on either way (or is it consistent at all)?

If there is no consistency, there's really not much to do but save often and perhaps tweak up settings.

It happpens while the AI is doing their moves. I thought i'd run up a vanilla game as Poland. Once it crashed twice in a half hour, than sometimes it will go fine for an hour and a half. I'm guessing it's just a steam bug, I mean people have played M2 on steam for years, being the "definitive edition" can't really change much. The definitive edition is basically every last bit of M2 DLC in one purchase, I'm guessing

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what specifically would cause it to crash with that frequency, without a common thread. One of those things I'd have to personally see to troubleshoot I guess. Usually when I see random crashes on a vanilla level it boils down to a rare illegal thing happening (which tends to be from mods, but occasionally the game disagreeing with the computer), driver trouble (believe it or not, something like the sound driver being out of date can cause trouble), disagreeing configuration (windowed/fullscreen mode behavior, resolution not matching up, other tweakable config stuff) or a data issue, such as a borked unpack job or something corrupted either in general on the computer or in the game itself. It's too frequent to be a standard case of the former, so I leave it to the likes of Gig to put out links to possible alternative options.

Definitive Edition is literally Medieval 2 + Kingdoms; nothing different than before as far as Steam is concerned if you had both. There is a data difference, however slight, between the latest CD version and the latest Steam, but in day-to-day the difference is meaningless, and that's definitely not something relevant to here as it's very rare for someone to have that kind of problem on vanilla especially.

AMD does a pretty good job of always putting out new drivers. Computers are made by fallible people, so there's always going to be bugs and errors from time to time. The autosave will always get me back to right before I end a turn, so I guess I can deal with this problem ok

I got another end of turn CTD after 45 minutes of playing. Is it so much for CA to get it right after 13 years of a game? Perhaps they want to include gigantus' fix for having the option of playing a scenario vs the main campaign when you first click on "play"

Seems to be trying to find a portrait of a defeated army or general. Sorry if this is too long, just thought i'd post it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:04:55.837 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/044.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.837 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/044.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.838 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/044.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.838 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/052.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.838 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/052.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.839 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/048.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.839 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/048.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.839 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.840 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.840 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.840 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/026.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.840 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/026.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.841 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/026.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.841 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/051.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.841 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/051.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.842 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/050.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.842 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/050.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.842 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.842 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.843 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.843 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.880 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.880 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.881 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.881 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.881 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.881 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.882 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/053.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.882 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/053.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.882 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.882 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.883 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.883 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/012.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.883 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/012.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.922 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.923 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.923 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.923 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/032.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.923 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/032.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.924 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/032.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.924 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/033.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.924 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/033.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.924 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.924 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.925 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.925 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.925 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.925 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.933 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.933 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.934 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.934 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.934 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/058.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.934 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/058.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.935 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/010.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.935 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/010.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.935 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/060.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.935 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/060.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.936 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/060.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.936 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/016.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.936 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/016.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.937 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/075.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:04:55.937 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/075.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:07:48.755 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    14:22:55.589 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    14:25:04.355 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/044.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/044.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/044.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/052.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/052.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/052.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/052.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/048.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/048.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.358 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.358 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.358 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/026.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.358 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/026.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.359 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/051.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.359 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/051.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.359 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/050.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.359 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/050.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.359 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.360 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.360 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/038.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.393 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.393 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.393 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.393 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.394 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.394 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/053.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.394 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/053.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.394 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.394 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.395 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.395 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/099.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.395 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/012.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.395 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/012.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.423 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.424 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.424 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/057.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.424 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/032.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.424 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/032.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.425 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/033.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.425 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/033.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.425 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.425 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.425 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.426 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.426 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.432 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.432 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.433 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.433 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/070.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.433 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/058.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.433 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/058.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.433 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/010.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.434 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/010.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.434 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/010.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.434 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/060.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.434 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/060.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.435 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/016.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.435 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/016.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.435 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/075.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.435 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/075.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:25:04.436 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/075.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:28:25.860 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:25.862 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:27.495 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    14:28:27.496 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    14:28:27.688 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:33.099 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_oil_effect.txt is missing
    14:28:33.099 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    14:28:33.656 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.531 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#green_circle.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.531 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#arrow.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.532 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#arrow_distance.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.532 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#outline.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.533 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#unit_indicator_arrow.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.540 [system.io] [warning] open: data/battlefield/cloud_sprite.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.689 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/weapon_phalanx_spear.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.822 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/arrow_red.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.822 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/vertex_pointer.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.823 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/waypoint_marker.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.824 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/battlefield_border.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.833 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/deployment_area_border.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.833 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#splash_ring.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.834 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#water_drop.tga.dds is missing
    14:28:36.834 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#weather.tga.dds is missing
    14:37:48.167 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:37:48.169 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    14:37:49.606 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    14:37:50.156 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    14:37:50.213 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_ambassador.rum is missing
    14:37:50.214 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_scroll.rum is missing
    14:37:50.215 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_ambassador.rum is missing
    14:37:50.217 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_scroll.rum is missing
    14:37:50.218 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_ambassador.rum is missing
    14:37:50.219 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.221 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_spy.rum is missing
    14:37:50.221 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.223 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_spy.rum is missing
    14:37:50.223 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.225 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_spy.rum is missing
    14:37:50.225 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.226 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_assassin.rum is missing
    14:37:50.227 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.228 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_assasin.rum is missing
    14:37:50.229 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.230 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_assasin.rum is missing
    14:37:50.231 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.233 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_princess.rum is missing
    14:37:50.233 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess_northern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.234 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_princess.rum is missing
    14:37:50.236 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess_southern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.237 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northen_merchant.rum is missing
    14:37:50.238 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.239 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_merchant.rum is missing
    14:37:50.240 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.241 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_merchant.rum is missing
    14:37:50.242 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    14:37:50.244 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/catholic_priest.rum is missing
    14:37:50.245 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.246 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/catholic_bishop.rum is missing
    14:37:50.248 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.249 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/catholic_cardinal.rum is missing
    14:37:50.250 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.251 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/orthodox_priest.rum is missing
    14:37:50.252 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.253 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/orthodox_bishop.rum is missing
    14:37:50.255 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.256 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/orthodox_patriarch.rum is missing
    14:37:50.257 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.258 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/muslim_iman.rum is missing
    14:37:50.259 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.260 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/pope.rum is missing
    14:37:50.262 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.263 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/heretic.rum is missing
    14:37:50.264 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    14:37:50.265 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/witch.rum is missing
    14:37:50.266 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess_northern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.267 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/inquisitor.rum is missing
    14:37:50.268 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_book.rum is missing
    14:37:50.270 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_general_northern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.271 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.272 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_general_northern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.273 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.274 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.276 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.276 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/aztec_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.278 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.279 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_captain_northern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.280 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.282 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_captain_northern.rum is missing
    14:37:50.283 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.284 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_captain.rum is missing
    14:37:50.285 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.286 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/aztec_captain.rum is missing
    14:37:50.287 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.289 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/princess.rum is missing
    14:37:50.290 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess.rum is missing
    14:37:50.292 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/merchant.rum is missing
    14:37:50.292 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_merchant.rum is missing
    14:37:50.294 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/priest.rum is missing
    14:37:50.295 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/priest.rum is missing
    14:37:50.296 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/bishop.rum is missing
    14:37:50.297 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/bishop.rum is missing
    14:37:50.299 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/cardinal.rum is missing
    14:37:50.300 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/cardinal.rum is missing
    14:37:50.302 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/diplomat.rum is missing
    14:37:50.303 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/diplomat.rum is missing
    14:37:50.304 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/spy.rum is missing
    14:37:50.305 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/spy.rum is missing
    14:37:50.306 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/assassin.rum is missing
    14:37:50.307 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/assassin.rum is missing
    14:37:50.308 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_barb_general_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.309 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.310 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/barb_strat_map_captain.rum is missing
    14:37:50.311 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.312 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_carthage_general_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.313 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.314 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/carthage_strat_captain.rum is missing
    14:37:50.315 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.316 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_eastern_general_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.317 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.318 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_eastern_lesser_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.319 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.320 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_egyptian_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.321 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.322 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_egyptian_lesser_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.323 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_axe.rum is missing
    14:37:50.324 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_greek_general_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.324 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.326 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_greek_lesser_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.326 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.328 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_roman_general_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.328 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.329 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_roman_lesser_general.rum is missing
    14:37:50.330 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.331 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/unit_rebel_greater_general_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.332 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.333 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/unit_roman_peasant_high.rum is missing
    14:37:50.334 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    14:37:50.335 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.335 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.336 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.336 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.337 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.337 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.338 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.339 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.339 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.339 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.340 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_greek.rum is missing
    14:37:50.340 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.341 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_dhow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.341 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.342 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_dhow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.342 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.343 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.344 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.344 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.345 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.345 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.346 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.346 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.347 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.347 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.348 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.348 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.349 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.349 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.349 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.350 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.351 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.351 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    14:37:50.352 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.353 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.353 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.354 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.354 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.355 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.355 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.356 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    14:37:50.356 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    14:37:50.357 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/character_pontus.rum is missing
    14:37:50.357 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/general_pontus.rum is missing
    14:37:51.524 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    14:37:54.572 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    14:37:54.620 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    14:42:59.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/090.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:42:59.687 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/090.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:42:59.688 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/090.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:59:26.931 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:59:26.932 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:59:26.932 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/004.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    14:59:30.529 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Frunk; May 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

'missing' is rather meaningless - it's usually old file formats (rum, tga.dds) or redirects like the portraits (eastern_european hasn't got agent portraits and will take from northern_european).

You could give it a try and see if my Bare Geomod set up is more stable. It got some small fixes and custom CFG file settings. Otherwise it's the Grand Campaign.

The game also got an issue with memory leaks (?) - it will crash after prolonged continuous play, usually noticeable shortly before by UI corruption, especially the info windows (units, settlements). Saving, exit to desktop, restart avoids that.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 24, 2020 at 12:13 AM.

I could try it. Would I loose my saved game? I guess it's not the worst thing, it autosaves every turn right before the AI makes their moves so when it crashes during AI moves I have a save for it anyway. And thanks for all the help and replies, especially with a 13 year old game

EDIT>>>>>>>

Does this or your desktop shortcuts for the kingdoms campaigns interact with mods?
    Last edited by Gaul; May 25, 2020 at 01:11 PM.

Blog Entries

The shortcuts simply enable you to start the campaigns and the main game that way. There is no interference with mods not even if you use steam and did the 'directory rename' method to play your mod as it simply provides a BAT\CFG file combo for the shortcut to work.

Bare Geomod is a stand alone mod folder. With BG there is a small chance that your save might not be compatible if you transfer it there.

Until my game is done i'll just deal with the random CTDs. Thanks for all the help Im giving you a +rep. Does the geomod help with a regular mod or only a vanilla game?

EDIT EDIT

I need to know the money cheat code. I made a bad decision. I know ~ gets the shell up but i forget how to do the money cheat

Nevermind remembered it was add_money but it won't give you gold if you're in a negative amount

EDIT 2ND TIME

So let me guess that light issue in some battles when there's a light shade over troops that comes and goes with scrolling is a problem nobody mentioned before the final M2 patch?

EDIT 3RD TIME

I almost had a CTD during a battle, a battle I was heavily winning. The screen minimized but I got it back up. Is this Definative Edition going to affect mods? I never played much M2, and I was looking forward to getting back into the game again

I guess add_money isn't the gold cheat, i'm positive treasury again and no cheated money. I'd like to do without cheating, but hey when you go 15 turns without building or recruiting anything, you might need it
    Last edited by Gaul; May 28, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

if you were wondering about the money cheat you can just open the desc_strat file and change kings_purse for each faction.

Blog Entries

Bare Geomod - that's the main campaign with fixes, won't help with mods.

Shade - that's a hardware\setting issue, try playing with the video options.

Money - descr_strat change needs a new campaign to take effect but it will do the needful. Else it's this command: add_money [factionname], [value] - replace brackets with valid entries, example: add_money england, 5000

Thank you very much.

No, I meant will all these CTDs carry over to a mod? Or are you saying just a vanilla game would have these issues? I haven't tried a mod yet now that i have my M2 game being played over steam

yes sullivan clan, i would have to start a new game to do what you were saying. I wanted to change the time scale to 0.50 but my game is still 2.00 because that's the setting it began with

it's easy changing the time scale to 0.50 and it won't cause any ctds. The money for the kings purses won't cause any ctd if you decide to change the kings purse. If you want my suggestion for a mod to choose from I would pick Bulat Steel 2.1.5 or retrofit(with GUAM+Mongolfilia submod). Its worth it in my case.

Generally vanilla M2:TW is pretty stable.
    Very rare to get a crash with vanilla that's down to a problem with the game.

However the game is poor at memory management, so if you keep playing it'll just run out of memory.
    (The game only uses one core and about 4GB of RAM.)

Apart from that save every 5 turns.
    And don't play for much more than hour or so each time.

If CA would just implement a simple fix to improve memory management the problem would be ameliorated.

Blog Entries

What he (^) says, although it's only 2GB of RAM, hence the issue when playing for longer periods.

Ok thanks. Ya'll getting a plus rep. Gig would contacting CA for a fix for the short memory problem happen? Is it easy enough if they have the time for it? Sounds legitamate

Blog Entries

Totally unlikely - other then merging the two executable files nothing has happened in the last ten years. I am really not counting repackaging the Steam version as 'definitive edition' as anything other then a marketing gimmick (nothing changed file wise).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast