Thread: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Assassin's Creed Valhalla

After a long period of leaks, the worst kept secret in the video game industry, the setting of the next Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft has dropped a trailer.

Not too familiar with this setting, but it being the Viking invasion of England, that means there will be castles and such to climb. Not sure about big cities to explore though, but give me a world that's worth wandering and finding stuff, and I'm in.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Campidoctor

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Extremely boring. Fan service much.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Can't say I am thrilled by the setting. That said I was initially skeptical about Origins and Odyssey. Only to enjoy a lot both games. Hopefully it will be the same with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Not too familiar with this setting, but it being the Viking invasion of England, that means there will be castles and such to climb. Not sure about big cities to explore though, but give me a world that's worth wandering and finding stuff, and I'm in.
    Normally there should not be any castle actually. Since the Anglo-Saxon did not build anything in stones except churchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Extremely boring. Fan service much.
    The protagonist looks like an extremely faithful copy of Ragnar. Still, the game seems to be deeper and more strategic than Throb, I suppose....

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

"They are heartless, godless barbarians"

Uhm, they have more gods than you do
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

please Odin don't let them bastardise our sagas any more than that tv series already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Normally there should not be any castle actually. Since the Anglo-Saxon did not build anything in stones except churchs.

Oof. Like I said, not familiar with the setting .
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Looks like you can move your ships up rivers so it's got that one over ToB anyway.

I've enjoyed the last two ACs because of the big open historical worlds and how nice everything looks with HDR applied. I refuse to do those ridiculous free for all battles though.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think it's a good setting (although I would have preferred an ancient Rome game after Odyssey, but I´d bet good money that's coming in a few years anyway). Only started playing Odyssey today though, so by the time I finish that AC: Imperator might be a thing already
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Interesting era about vikings and anglo-saxons. I might look forward to it but not gonna preorder it. My little question is that doesn't we already have viking themed games already?

I still hope that Assassin's creed will make visit in shogunate japan because this assassin's creed fit to ninja's lifestyle.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    Interesting era about vikings and anglo-saxons. I might look forward to it but not gonna preorder it. My little question is that doesn't we already have viking themed games already?

I still hope that Assassin's creed will make visit in shogunate japan because this assassin's creed fit to ninja's lifestyle.
    Would love to see Meiji era Japan, maybe start during the Boshin War and include the Satsuma rebellion. It would be a perfect setting; changing times, old ways dying out, a new power rising to the world stage with plenty of intrigue.

Apparently, they may be bringing back social stealth (blending into crowds and whatnot) for Valhalla. I'm all aboard for that, sucks that they got rid of it in the first place (even if you looked completely out of place wearing that hood).

A.B.A.P.

So far what I saw it's nearly the same as Odyssey.

Defcone

Yep, you're right let see what Ubisoft shows us today.