Thread: Campaign Errors

Default Campaign Errors

I made a map and a campaign. The map seems to work fine. Map.rwm generates, no error in custom battles, but when I try to play the campaign, it crashes while loading. Unspecified error. The error log doesn't say anything. The trace log says that the last file opened is eventpics/faction_troubled.tga. I tried replacing some txt.strings files that I edited, but that changed nothing. I'm guessing I screwed up something in the campaign files. Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Campaign Errors

The RTW not-loading info has some bits that are probably the same in M2TW;
    Symptom: Game CTD's with no message shortly after arrow is clicked to start campaign - new map.rwm is generated.
    -Width or height of map exceeds maximum. (Maximum = 510pixels map_regions, 1021pixels map_heights size.
    -One or more pixels in map_regions.tga have a wrong RGB value.
    Symptom: Game CTD's with no message about 3/4's way through campaign loading bar.
    -Having a radar_map1.tga which is too large, the radar_maps should be in same proportions as map_regions.tga to avoid a stretched effect, but making them same size as the map_regions.tga for a larger map causes crash.
    Symptom: Game CTD's with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar.
    - Using a rebel type in descr_regions.txt that does not have proper entries in data/descr_rebel_factions.txt and data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt
    - When you have an faction in descr_strat.txt associated to playable / nonplayable but not used in this section of the descr_strat.txt "start of factions section"

Have you tried using/loading this in the Geomod tool?

It is crashing at the end of the loading bar, though when you click start it takes a long time to load the intro and loading bar. Geomod says nothing. I think it is the rebel type. Wait, yeah, I saw something rebels factions in the error log but it didn't seem to be causing the crash so I ignored it.

EDIT: I tried changing it to a different rebel faction, no change.

have you tried loading the campaign as different factions? - preferably try the 1st one listed in descr_strat.txt

If first faction doesn't load and you can't figure out anything else could you upload your map files for us to have a look? (include the settlements names /text file)

I've tried all of the factions, all of them crash.

base.zip

There are the base folder map files.

You've got a river towards the middle on left hand side in map_features.tga that doesn't seem to have a source.

Try fixing that.

You might also get an issue with the little island 'archipelagoes' - I'm not sure about that - but have rarely seen so many small islands (and you've got some little islands to the far left in map_regions which belong to a region on the right, that might not help!)

It's not that. I had a few basic regions and a small one faction campaign to test the map. It worked perfectly. I added more regions and a basic campaign using the Geomod tool and then it started crashing.

Please humour me for one test: replace your map_features.tga with an all black version of the same size, delete the map.rwm and try campaign again.

You've definitely got a problem with that one river not having a source pixel, and I think you'll be getting other problems because you've completely divided regions within themselves and from having direct routes to each other (because you don't have ford points on the rivers) - that might be one reason why it worked before you added more regions...