Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best TV show intro?

Default Re: Best TV show intro?

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    My daughter has me wasting time with Person of Interest.
    Heresy. That show was never a waste of time. That was the best underhanded deception by producers ever. Sci-fi has no right typically to last five seasons on that channel. But thanks to the way it started they got viewers hooked and god damn it was like narcotics by the time it became a pure sci-fi trip.

If it had started out as sci-fi it would've been cancelled within two seasons.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Person of Interest gotta be one of the best shows out there.
    The Armenian Issue

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I am like 99% sure that he did not mean anime. Shame on all of you weebs.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I am 100% sure that I did not mean anime.

I will admit though that there is probably some irony in a Mexican-Canadian with a Japanese forum name, avi, and sig calling someone a weeb.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Weebs
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I find this racially insensitive. I was going to post about anime but I have been dissuaded by bigots.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I always thought Netflix's Marco Polo had a great intro, even though the show had its issues and jumped the shark in the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Heresy. That show was never a waste of time. That was the best underhanded deception by producers ever. Sci-fi has no right typically to last five seasons on that channel. But thanks to the way it started they got viewers hooked and god damn it was like narcotics by the time it became a pure sci-fi trip.

You're probably right. And it was a pretty decent show.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

OK that was a poor post. I agree had it started Sci Fi it would have died. I rather enjoy it I did not mean to disparage a surprisingly clever show. What I meant (or thinking) was getting into trouble for like you know saying well OK your mom is abed and I think I can push off that editing job till maybe tomorrow night, you promise you are up on homework? OK we can watch two...

One of the most bizarre personal aspects of the show is that because my son and I share the same basement with our 'offices' it leads to a bit of noise overlap. Oddly my daughter and I have a running list now of his outbursts while playing online and talking with his friends when his comment is freakishly appropriate to the show dialogue while we are watching. It does not work with Kill a Kill or Once or the Man who be King or the Twilight Zone or Sailor Moon nor even the Great Escape. They score one or two at best But we are up too maybe 27 with Person of Interest and we are still just about to start season 5. It is a nice reminder of the oddities of probability however.
    Last edited by conon394; May 09, 2020 at 08:11 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Utopia

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Spoiler for Monkey Magic

Spoiler for The Tomorrow People

Spoiler for Planet of the Apes

Spoiler for The Six Million Dollar Man

Spoiler for Joe 90

Spoiler for World in Action

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Man I can't believe I forgot to think of the 6 million dollar man. Any time I gamely claim to my wife that no worries I can do get that project done (expansively including my kids) thay are almost programed to make some variant riff on the we have the technology etc bit as thay fall into their draft duty around the household..

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    You're probably right. And it was a pretty decent show.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Person of Interest gotta be one of the best shows out there.

I've spent the last week or so binge watching Person of Interest actually, and I totally agree with you guys. I'm only on the 4th season right now, but I've thoroughly enjoyed every bit that I've seen so far. The gunfights could be a bit more realistic, but I love the introduction scene and the various "surveillance camera" perspectives that they give you throughout the show.

That scene where the Machine talks back to Finch with "Welcome to the Machine" playing in the background...
    The Armenian Issue

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That scene where the Machine talks back to Finch with "Welcome to the Machine" playing in the background...
    There's so many great moments like that that are surprisingly emotional. They've done a great job subverting and fulfilling my expectations throughout the series.

I'm halfway through S4 and I'm sad that I'm nearing the end.

Huge Floyd fan my daughter and I almost fell off our chairs we laughing so hard at the moment as super cool not critically just so unexpected and well done. Thought they matched up the Cash really good as well with the screen action in intro.
    Last edited by conon394; August 10, 2020 at 01:59 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Without a doubt, the best intro to a show was the Ducktales one.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

I've always been fond of the intro to a little obscure Canadian procedural by the name of 'ReGenesis'. It's about pandemics, bio-tech, bio-terrorism etc. (fun quarantine watch, if you can get your hands on it ).

I like the way it outlines what the show is about. Cool theme, too.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; August 24, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast