Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug report topic

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Bug report topic

i have two pc, on windows 10 no problem. on windows 7 the tool does not start right, the normal mod starts.

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    i have two pc, on windows 10 no problem. on windows 7 the tool does not start right, the normal mod starts.
    I see. With any startup settings? I added a new method in this update, you need to set the Starting_mod = 3 setting, and then enter start HotSeatTool.exe at the very top of the .bat file that starts the modification and start everything with it.
    If, in this case, nothing works, send me your logs folder from the root of mtw2, also send the game log file.

It is also possible that your antivirus is not disabled there or there are other problems (the program needs .net framework 3.5, .net framework 4.0, as well as various versions of visual c ++ redistributable - try installing all of them. It is also advisable to install DirectX End-User Runtimes ( June 2010)). But for different users, the program works correctly on windows 7.
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 10, 2020 at 02:36 PM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

ok it's work now! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    ok it's work now! thanks
    What exactly helped you?
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

I reinstalled the programs you indicated to me and installed, DirectX End-User Runtimes.
    but I always have to use the exe of version 1.17. but is it so for everyone?

I'm updating my submod to use the latest version (1.18) and I can't get the game to launch. It flashes a black screen and sends me to the desktop. Here are my settings in limits.youneuoycfg:
    Code:
    ;comments only in start of strings
    ;The default values are commented below, they will be used at the start of the game, unless otherwise specified.

Religion_Limit = 19

;Ancillaries_Limit = 8

;Lock_Size_Of_Unit = 0

;Size_Of_Unit = 0

;Min_Soldiers_In_Edu = 4

;Max_Soldiers_In_Edu = 100

;Battlefield_Map_Size_X = 1728

;Battlefield_Map_Size_Y = 1728

;Siege_Ram_Cost = 50
    ;Siege_Ladder_Cost = 15
    ;Siege_Tower_Cost = 65

;2 - start program without any game patches,3-start by .bat file, 1-start mod, 0 -start vanilla
    ;https://youtu.be/rPsoQCYTUdg - instructions for starting settings

Starting_mod =1
    ;mod cfg name
    Mod_CFG_Name=TATW.cfg
    I've also tried the BAT method and it also gives me a black screen before crashing.
    Last edited by Link12; July 13, 2020 at 05:48 AM.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

franky317,
    Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    I'm updating my submod to use the latest version (1.18) and I can't get the game to launch. It flashes a black screen and sends me to the desktop. Here are my settings in limits.youneuoycfg:
    I've also tried the BAT method and it also gives me a black screen before crashing.
    Not good
    A couple of tips:
    1 - to start, disable the antivirus if you haven’t done so (if this patch helps you, then later you can simply add program files, and even better, the entire game folder to the antivirus exceptions).
    2 - enable borderless window mode, instead of the usual full-screen mode, the program does not work very well with full-screen mode. In the modification file config:
    [video]
    windowed = true
    borderless_window = 1
    Also put your screen resolution in the lines:
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080
    battle_resolution = 1920 1080

3 - if the antivirus was turned on during unpacking the program, make sure that the program files are not damaged or deleted (you can simply unzip them from the archive again).
    4 - if this does not work, then try the following settings in the limits.youneuoycfg file:
    Starting_mod=1
    Mod_CFG_Name=TATW.cfg
    In this case, you can run the program as administrator (you will not need to start the game using the .bat file, but using the HotSeatTool.exe file)
    Another option is to write start HotSeatTool.exe at the very top of your .bat file, and set the Starting_mod = 3 parameter in the limits.youneuoycfg file (in this case, start using the .bat file).
    5 - if the game still does not start, then write your version of windows, the path to the game folder and send me the files from the logs folder of your game (several pieces should appear there).

In fact, I have never seen unsolvable problems with starting a program - usually it’s either the antivirus, the wrong way to start, or something like that.

No luck I am afraid My antivirus wasn't causing problems as it wasn't triggered and I tried everything else, and it still resulted in crashing.

Here are the details you asked for:
    Windows Version: 10
    File Path:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    D:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Divide_and_Conquer_Culture

limits.youneuoycfg
    Code:
    ;The default values are commented below, they will be used at the start of the game, unless otherwise specified.

Religion_Limit = 19

;Ancillaries_Limit = 8

;Lock_Size_Of_Unit = 0

;Size_Of_Unit = 0

;Min_Soldiers_In_Edu = 4

;Siege_Ram_Cost = 50
    ;Siege_Ladder_Cost = 15
    ;Siege_Tower_Cost = 65

;2 - start program without any game patches,3-start by .bat file, 1-start mod, 0 -start vanilla

Starting_mod = 3
    ;mod cfg name
    Mod_CFG_Name=TATW.cfg

system.log.txt:
    Code:
    21:37:36.600 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2

applyingPatches.youneuoylog:
    Code:
    Log:
    Start applying age patch
    Done
    Start applying visual age patch
    Done
    Start applying berserkers patch
    Done
    Start applying unit types patch #1
    Done
    Start applying OnChangePassedTurnsCount patch
    Done
    Start applying label script patch
    Done
    Start applying start campaign and battle start patch

It appears to be crashing when its trying to apply campaign patches so perhaps something is wrong with the religion limit function?
    Last edited by Link12; July 13, 2020 at 06:43 AM.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

No luck I am afraid My antivirus wasn't causing problems as it wasn't triggered and I tried everything else, and it still resulted in crashing.

Here are the details you asked for:
    Windows Version: 10
    File Path:
    D:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Divide_and_Conquer_Culture

limits.youneuoycfg
    Code:

Religion_Limit = 19

;Ancillaries_Limit = 8

;Lock_Size_Of_Unit = 0

;Size_Of_Unit = 0

;Min_Soldiers_In_Edu = 4

;Siege_Ram_Cost = 50
    ;Siege_Ladder_Cost = 15
    ;Siege_Tower_Cost = 65

Starting_mod = 3
    ;mod cfg name
    Mod_CFG_Name=TATW.cfg

system.log.txt:
    Code:
    21:37:36.600 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2

applyingPatches.youneuoylog:
    Code:
    Log:
    Start applying age patch
    Done
    Start applying visual age patch
    Done
    Start applying berserkers patch
    Done
    Start applying unit types patch #1
    Done
    Start applying OnChangePassedTurnsCount patch
    Done
    Start applying label script patch
    Done
    Start applying start campaign and battle start patch

It appears to be crashing when its trying to apply campaign patches so perhaps something is wrong with the religion limit function?
    Very strange.
    Try replacing the HotSeatToolLib.dll file with a file from this archive (I turned off the campaign and battle start patch, this is just for the test. This patch affects diplomacy settings).
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...SeatToolLib.7z

After that, send me the entire logs folder again (better archive it). And turn off the antivirus
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 13, 2020 at 06:58 AM.

It still crashes, this time when trying to apply "DiplomaticStanceFromFaction patch #1" but here are the archived log files as requested
    logs.zip

It still crashes, this time when trying to apply "DiplomaticStanceFromFaction patch #1" but here are the archived log files as requested
    logs.zip
    So, everything is complicated) In fact, at this particular moment, errors are unlikely to occur, it is difficult for me to determine what is wrong.
    Have you tried running as administrator? You finally turned off the antivirus?(as I wrote above, the problem is often this, often I recently added a few things that antiviruses don't like)
    You can also try to start with the old .exe file, and take all other files from the new version.

I did run it as administrator, and my antivirus was turned off.
    The only other exe I have is a very very old version so I was wondering if you could please send me the exe for v1.17 as that seemed to have worked for franky317 but I don't believe I can download that exe myself as I was only able to find v1.18.

I did run it as administrator, and my antivirus was turned off.
    The only other exe I have is a very very old version so I was wondering if you could please send me the exe for v1.17 as that seemed to have worked for franky317 but I don't believe I can download that exe myself as I was only able to find v1.18.
    I think .exe of an older version would also work, but here is version 1.17:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...oject_v1.17.7z

I don't know why but V1.17 works for me! Thanks so much for the help.

I don't know why but V1.17 works for me! Thanks so much for the help.
    Strange, I'll see what was the matter.
    In update 1.18, I tried to improve compatibility with older versions of windows (in part, the program of this version works even on windows xp). By the way, I could not make full compatibility, so I probably have to return everything as it was.

I don't think it depends on the operating system, both with win 10 and 7, I had to take the exe of the previous version

Hey, I am aware its already a know bug but I wanted to post about it here so everyone else is aware of it and can factor it into their plans. Although the control <faction> command can work in singleplayer now, there is still a significant flaw with it as the faction you take control of will automatically win any battles you resign from as that faction.

Hey, I am aware its already a know bug but I wanted to post about it here so everyone else is aware of it and can factor it into their plans. Although the control <faction> command can work in singleplayer now, there is still a significant flaw with it as the faction you take control of will automatically win any battles you resign from as that faction.
    Yes, I know about this, this is a flaw in CA. This command also works in hotseat mode in some way. It is probably possible to fix, but certainly not now.

franky317, I think I’ve figured out what’s the matter and will try to fix it in the next update (if something goes wrong with it, it will be possible to replace the .exe file with an older one, as you did now).
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 14, 2020 at 08:00 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think the command is originally designed to work only in hotseat, eg another player taking over to play if a human player drops out - alternatively relinquishing control again if the faction should be played by the AI.
    Without this command any hotseat would be doomed if a player quits, for whatever reason. Looking at how long hotseats can last that would certainly discourage participation.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Mr. Gigantus I know this migth be offtopic, but back in 2014 Zarathos claimed to have increased the limit of Units up to 1000. There was even a group dedicated to this with some big name members. Would it be possible to gather those great minds once more and finish up what you started back then? Would be possible to contact zarathos and recover the lost knowledge on how to increase the unit limit for the sake of all med 2 modkind?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast