Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    This project edits memory after the game has been launched and does nothing to affect the executable, which is the point where both CA and the site ToS have a problem and where your examples apply. I presume if there was an issue with this on that technicality, we'd have seen the thread shut down by now.
    It is more convenient to modify the memory, rather than .exe I would not do such a project with editing an .exe file.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    It is more convenient to modify the memory, rather than .exe I would not do such a project with editing an .exe file.
    Just as it should be, for if we did modify the exe, this project would be in trouble on TWC. So all's well. And again, if mods had a problem, they'd probably have commented given the incubation period by now.

In the meantime I should at least work on that layout business I promsied.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    hello! great things are done here! but is this the same like the thread of BRAKING THE LIMITS in the wips,ideas and proposals section?

you schould try to make this game work better on modern computers,let it use more cores,but i guess this is not possible
    My initial answer was to this post and not to Aura. I already understood that this project had nothing to do with editing the exe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    Did you give faction these religion and addet them to buildings?
    Yes, england used religion_100 notably, and his priests and buildings were effectively spreading this religion. I have also tested some conditions like FactionReligion, PopulationOwnReligion, etc...and here also all was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Yes, england used religion_100 notably, and his priests and buildings were effectively spreading this religion. I have also tested some conditions like FactionReligion, PopulationOwnReligion, etc...and here also all was ok.
    fine.
    Other features of the program are also tested. Soon there will be new ones, but it will be easier to test since instead of changing the game code, a new one will be added.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 17, 2020 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Also these in the descr_campaign_db?

<founding_conversion_default_rate float="0.01"/>
    <neighbour_normalise_weight float="0.01"/>
    <governor_conversion_rate_offset float="0.01"/>
    <governor_conversion_rate_modifier float="0.01"/>
    <spy_conversion_rate_offset float="0.000"/>
    <spy_conversion_rate_modifier float="0.000"/>
    <owner_conversion_default_rate float="0.01"/>
    <spy_conversion_rate_foreign_modifier float="0.0"/>

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

For those testing the capabilities of this tool in campaigns, I recomend this trick.

This will basically test the game automatically, no need for you to actually play

Wow thanks mate! I was in the shower like 5 seconds ago and was thinking about how I could fasten the process of testing my submod because it is indeed time consuming! So thank you, it is well timed with my needs! ^^

The main part of the update is ready. Now I’ll fix it a little more and will test it. After that, everything will depend only on the number of new conditions that I decide to add to the existing ones (this is now easy to do)

Finished and tested next update. In the evening I will update the program. So far, here is a video instruction, and at the same time a demonstration of how the generals upgrade works.
    In the battles, I checked everything, I forgot to record it on video

Last edited by Frunk; April 18, 2020 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Embedding added.

I don't understand the use of the "general upgrade" feature you are talking about. What has it to do with the tool? How is it useful in anyway? I watched the video, but even then I don't even understand what I was watching really. I mean if it is just about making available other faction bodyguard, which is quite trivial, shouldn't you focus on more relevant matters such as increasing region limit or EDU unit limit?

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDA ⬤ SHINGEN View Post
    I don't understand the use of the "general upgrade" feature you are talking about. What has it to do with the tool? How is it useful in anyway? I watched the video, but even then I don't even understand what I was watching really.
    You can change the guard of generals during the game under various conditions.
    In the future, new interesting mechanics related to units will be added. I would like to look at the practical implementation of this mechanics in mods before moving further in this direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDA ⬤ SHINGEN View Post
    which is quite trivial, shouldn't you focus on more relevant matters such as increasing region limit or EDU unit limit?
    heh, you can do something non-trivial if you want. If of course you can.
    Regarding the removal of these limits, I have spoken out many times, I will not repeat it anymore. Read the first 3 posts in the thread.

Seems really interesting the general upgrade, that would allow us to have some unique bodyguards for Generals during campaigns without complicated scripts, seems great, good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Seems really interesting the general upgrade, that would allow us to have some unique bodyguards for Generals during campaigns without complicated scripts, seems great, good idea!
    Yes, this is an implementation of one of the ideas that modders wrote to me on another forum (imtw.ru).
    In general, this was conceived as an improvement of generals in certain historical periods. I am glad that so quickly found another application.

In the future (after several very large updates, such as a magic system, etc., when I start making new interfaces in the game) I plan to add the ability to dismount units. I have not decided yet how it will be better implemented, but I would not call such a thing trivial. True, it will not be so simple because AI will also need to teach this.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 18, 2020 at 04:54 PM.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Good Work!!! I can't believe that finally someone has made a tool like this!

Can i suggest something that maybe is not so difficult to do? One feature that i've always missed as a modder is the possibility to kill a character giving him a particular trait. This feature would allow a lot of interesting script...it would be a really good thing for a lot of modders like me...i can't even imagine all the scripts that i can create with a feature like this.
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    Good Work!!! I can't believe that finally someone has made a tool like this!

Can i suggest something that maybe is not so difficult to do? One feature that i've always missed as a modder is the possibility to kill a character giving him a particular trait. This feature would allow a lot of interesting script...it would be a really good thing for a lot of modders like me...i can't even imagine all the scripts that i can create with a feature like this.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I can do that. This has already been implemented in the second part of the program, but sometimes it leads to some funny situations, so this feature needs refinement.

I have several ideas on this subject and I was going to start checking them for the next update (since I will update, including the ability to edit armies on a strategic map).

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    My idea would be something like the Faction Leader and the Heir could have the bodyguard composed of the Royal army while the others would have a normal BG.

Another idea that many have always talked about is the ability change the "Legio" on the units. This is an old harcoded thing that was left on M2TW from RTW and basically allows us to add it to the units so that when they are recruited they get something like Legio II Italic and things like that keeps increasing as more units get recruited. It's great to follow your units since they are first recruited but the fact that we can't change the "Legio" part is quite annoying.
    Regarding bodyguards, yes, this can be done in this update. I’ll gather my strength now, add a new paragraph in the instructions and upload it to my Googledisk.

At your suggestion:
    Could you elaborate on what and how do you propose to do? It sounds interesting, but not very clear.

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

May I suggest something else? How about adding the possibility to give a unit different names, depending on the faction that uses it?
    For example, if a unit is shared by 3 factions, Faction A will call it "Name A", Faction B will call it "Name B" and Faction C will call it "Name C"

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    May I suggest something else? How about adding the possibility to give a unit different names, depending on the faction that uses it?
    For example, if a unit is shared by 3 factions, Faction A will call it "Name A", Faction B will call it "Name B" and Faction C will call it "Name C"
    I think this is quite possible. I can do this, but the names will only be English (will not be applied from localization files). I like such ideas, this can improve the atmosphere of the game, but first I need to figure out how to make the game print non-English letters.

Something came to mind from such trifles. For example, you can change the portraits of characters according to certain criteria (age, name, traits, etc.). Is anyone interested in this?
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 18, 2020 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    There was an idea. You do not know, the stability of the game does not decrease if there are “extra” entries in the localisation text files?