Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Well, I only work with hardcoded limits, not quite interested in new gameplay mechanics etc. So my suggestion list is here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...hardcoded-list .

Progress;

Religions (released)
    Regions (heavily experimental)
    Cultures (almost done)
    Hidden Resources (done)
    Trade Resources (Trade resources are hardcoded in the exe if you want to make new ones, you need to add one by one with new names example;
    Code:
    push    esi
    push    offset aWool    ; "wool"
    call    sub_D46100
    add     esp, 8
    test    al, al
    jz      short loc_D565A7
    mov     eax, 17h
    pop     esi
    retn
    )

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Well, I only work with hardcoded limits, not quite interested in new gameplay mechanics etc. So my suggestion list is here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...hardcoded-list .

Progress;

Religions (released)
    Regions (heavily experimental)
    Cultures (almost done)
    Hidden Resources (done)
    Trade Resources (Trade resources are hardcoded in the exe if you want to make new ones, you need to add one by one with new names example;
    Code:
    push    esi
    push    offset aWool    ; "wool"
    call    sub_D46100
    add     esp, 8
    test    al, al
    jz      short loc_D565A7
    mov     eax, 17h
    pop     esi
    retn
    )
    Think you can do it all?
    For example, by trade resources:
    as far as I understand this code checks if the read line matches the given one and returns the resource number. This resource is specified in .exe. Changing the reading method or returning the wrong value will simply break everything.

Well I did not said I can do it all or I want to do all. I will do what I want to do. This list is a progress list not to-do list.

Well I did not said I can do it all or I want to do all. I will do what I want to do. This list is a progress list not to-do list.
    Well, on my list is what I can do now. Otherwise, this list would have everything that you can think of.

As I've said, it is not a to do list... Checking out most common hardcoded limits is no harm to anyone if you got time.

I got acquainted with all the other comments. I will not do any of this right now, but it is possible in the future.
    I also think it’s better now to speak out on the topic of already planned changes or to propose something very insignificant.

It seems M2TW got extra years of playabilty thanks to your work, well done.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Very nice work man. Are you publishing your findings in the exe somewhere? Or is your project on Github? Would love to expand upon it and not have to find all the stuff you already got myself first.

have you tried to add more religions too? I'd like to see how the game can handle 64 religions or more at the same time.
    I have tested with 100 religions during 100 turns, and they all varied and disappeared as expected. No CTD when opening the enemy settlement details despite the 82 icons beyond the border.

Really thanks @Erken, the results are nice to be heard and thank you so much for your time. The enemy settlement religion don't fit well maybe i can think a workaround when i work with the UI

hello! great things are done here! but is this the same like the thread of BRAKING THE LIMITS in the wips,ideas and proposals section?

you schould try to make this game work better on modern computers,let it use more cores,but i guess this is not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    I have tested with 100 religions during 100 turns, and they all varied and disappeared as expected. No CTD when opening the enemy settlement details despite the 82 icons beyond the border.
    Did you give faction these religion and addet them to buildings?

It is possible, but the admin here don't allow people to talk about it nor promote it. They say its for 'copyright' issue and such. Like CA would care but anyway, you can easily find what you are searching for on Moddb. Go give a look at the Rise of Three Kingdoms mod description there.

"The previous and original version of this total conversion mod, "Three Kingdoms - The Fight for Supremacy," was a modification for Rome: Total War. However the developers modified the Rome.exe and included the complete game in their uploads. These made the modification illegal, thus TWC never allowed them to advertise the upload links or have an own forum. Later, Gigantus started a new project; he decided to port the old conversion to a better engine, namely the Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms engine. Seether and others joined shortly after and released the first Beta in 2013 and, later, v1.4 in early 2014. After real life was sorted out, Gigantus and Seether joined forces once again in early 2018 to continue production of the mod. Version 4.0 was released on 21 July 2019 and stands as the current version."

So, they did modified the .exewhich is illegal yes but memory editing is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    It seems M2TW got extra years of playabilty thanks to your work, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    Very nice work man. Are you publishing your findings in the exe somewhere? Or is your project on Github? Would love to expand upon it and not have to find all the stuff you already got myself first.
    Hello!
    No, everything is in a mess with me and I haven’t published anything yet. Later I plan to lay out the source code and hope for community help in writing some functions. Ideally, I want to give the opportunity to completely replace script writing with c ++ code writing and its integration into the game.
    If you also plan to add something to the game, you can write me in private messages, see what you can come up with. I am always happy for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    great things are done here! but is this the same like the thread of BRAKING THE LIMITS in the wips,ideas and proposals section?
    That project was included in this. On the first page everything is written about goals, achievements, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    you schould try to make this game work better on modern computers,let it use more cores,but i guess this is not possible
    We'll see. Now obviously not up to it.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 16, 2020 at 01:08 PM.

"great things are done here! but is this the same like the thread of BRAKING THE LIMITS in the wips,ideas and proposals section?"

ah yes, the project is completely moved as a sub-project of hotseat tool. youneuoy's tool is more advanced and more possibilities comes with it . also having all the engine modificiations under one dome is better for the community.

I was not referring to Three Kingdoms - The Fight for Supremacy, but to Rise of Three Kingdoms moddb description. If you read the description of their mod, there is a way to allocate more memory to the game, which here on TWC is not allowed. If it was, the information on how to do it would be featured in almost every mod forum. And it isn't.

They are the same mods. The description is from https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-three-kingdoms-rotk here. Some mods, come with this patch too so what's the matter with it? I talked with Gigantus but he said it is okay. If i remember correctly. Am I missing something?

Well everytime I interacted with someone specifically about this, I was told that it wasn't permitted. For exemple, there's a modder who always ask people to talk to him in private message to inform thrm of this patch since, he states, it is not permitted to talk about it nor promote it because it does alter the exe of the game (the 4GB patch). So whether you are missing something or I have been misled to believe that it wasn't permitted.
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; April 16, 2020 at 04:59 PM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This project edits memory after the game has been launched and does nothing to affect the executable, which is the point where both CA and the site ToS have a problem and where your examples apply. I presume if there was an issue with this on that technicality, we'd have seen the thread shut down by now.