Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Hi youneuoy!

In your opinion, will it be possible to reactivate testudo formation as in RTW?
    Hello!
    Everything's possible. But some things are now very difficult to do, and therefore pointless.
    Can you write more about this? Where the formation was set, how it worked, whether mtw2 is loaded at all if you write it or crashes only when loading a battle or campaign, etc.

Domesticus

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Hello!
    Everything's possible. But some things are now very difficult to do, and therefore pointless.
    Can you write more about this? Where the formation was set, how it worked, whether mtw2 is loaded at all if you write it or crashes only when loading a battle or campaign, etc.
    Unfortunately it crashes while starting the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Unfortunately it crashes while starting the mod.
    Clear. But I need more information.
    How does it work in RTW?

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Excellent job!

I tested the new berserker fix on TATW. I gave the berserker and the warcry abilities to a unit (Uruk Berserkers), there was no CTD in battle, but the unit didn't go berserk as intended, even by using the warcry ability.

A question:How close are we to break faction and unit limits?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    Excellent job!

I tested the new berserker fix on TATW. I gave the berserker and the warcry abilities to a unit (Uruk Berserkers), there was no CTD in battle, but the unit didn't go berserk as intended, even by using the warcry ability.

Have you written him a berserker parameter (second in the stat_mental line)?

Like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

type Gondor Militia Swordsmen ; Gondor Militia AF1dictionary Gondor_Militia
    category infantry
    class light
    voice_type Light
    accent GondorInfantry
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Norse_Swordsmen, 70, 0, 1
    officer gondor_captain_early_flag
    officer gondor_dol_amroth_banner_carrier
    mount_effect horse -2, camel -3, elephant -4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit, legionary_name, warcry
    formation 1.4, 1.4, 2.8, 2.8, 7, square
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri 6, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 20, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 4, 3, 3, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, -2, 0, -1
    stat_mental 15, berserker, trained
    stat_charge_dist 8
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 615, 210, 125, 125, 615, 4, 63
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3, 4, 5
    armour_ug_models dismounted_kofm, dismounted_kofm_ug1, dismounted_kofm_ug1, dismounted_kofm_ug1
    ownership sicily, united, denmark, slave, russia
    era 0 sicily, denmark
    era 1 sicily, denmark
    era 2 sicily, denmark
    recruit_priority_offset 20

This is strange, I will check it.

I won’t say anything about factions, but it will probably be possible to remove the limit in edu (at least partially), but not soon, eventually it will work out by itself.

Excellent job!

I just had a test battle, this mode worked fine for me and AI. After activation, or at the beginning of the melee, the unit rushes into the attack and becomes uncontrollable.
    How often does this happen to you?

Never mind, I made it work. I just had to remove the lock_morale attribute from the unit. Apparently, berserker morale and lock_morale don't get along well.

Never mind, I made it work. I just had to remove the lock_morale attribute from the unit. Apparently, berserker morale and lock_morale don't get along well.
    This sounds logical, as it is a level of morality.
    Possible levels:
    berserker, impetuous, low, normal, disciplined

Apparently, berserker morale and lock_morale don't get along well.
    Just in case, I added it to the instructions.

Updated the list of future changes (mod starter functionality will be added to the program to remove .bat files and leave only one executable file in the mod folder)

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I also managed to make the 1920x1080 resolution user interface fitting more accurate to the screen (no more stretching and bluriness so it's now a true 1080p experience)

Amazing!

With the help of this program, it will probably be possible someday to give modders the opportunity to change the MTW2 gameplay beyond recognition.
    Can you give us a realistic forecast about what could really be changed/implemented?

Here's the current concept that i'm planning to make for the first version btw.

Is this a real ingame screenshot?

Well, after 4 months of development, I can proudly say that this program uses as many as 1 modder. This is a success, I believe.

Welcome to the modding world. You spend months working in something that you consider amazing and all you get is a "nice" comment from someone. LOL.
    But if you really love what you do, then it worth it. I speak from my personal experience after almost 10 years modding for TATW.

Now the changes/implements I would like to see in med2 engine:

Wall levels
    - By modding settlements we can change the battlemap models of walls, but the wall level for each core building is hardcoded. This means you can have a settlement set as huge city but in battlemap its walls are wooden palisades instead of huge wall as it is in vanilla. (like the orc settlements in TATW, for wich no matter the level of the settlement, will always have wooden palisades in battlemap.) The problem with this is that the game will allow you and the AI to build large siege engines like towers and ladders even if in battlemap they will be of no use. The game is expecting huge walls in battlemap but our modded settlements has wooden palisades.

Check export_descr_buildings:

Code:
    large_stone_wall city requires factions { gondor, northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, }  and hidden_resource big_city  and hidden_resource custom_settlement
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 3
                    tower_level 1
                    gate_strength 2
    The wall_level line is actually hardcoded, no matter if you change it in export_descr_buildings.

Is it possible to change this?

Number of men per unit
    The last time I heard from Jojo, the 1 or 300 men in a unit only worked if you set the unit size in options to huge (or was it small?). Anyway is this breakthrough really linked to the necessity of setting the right unit size in options?

User Interface
    How much can we change the user interface? Can we remove buttons? Can we change their function? can we add new buttons? In case we can add new buttons, this would be like the release of a new total war game.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 11, 2020 at 06:20 PM.

"Here's the current concept that i'm planning to make for the first version btw."

Just the positioning of them for now. No new functionality, no new buttons.

"Here's the current concept that i'm planning to make for the first version btw."

Just the positioning of them for now. No new functionality, no new buttons.
    but I can make new buttons. And not just buttons. But only for new things.

Concepts are evil, first you need the technical ability to implement them.

It turned out a good message about the magic system, added to the third message in this thread (there is a list of things for updates)

About spells: Will the player/AI be totally defenseless to them?

About spells: Will the player/AI be totally defenseless to them?
    As we do, it will be so. It does not depend on the interaction with the game and the only issue is implementation in HotSeatTool.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    I have done a little stress test on bare_geomod by giving 200 ancillaries to every character with CharacterTurnStart, and after 100 turns all was ok.
    Thank you for testing, nice to see that someone testing the new features and send us feedback. have you tried to add more religions too? I'd like to see how the game can handle 64 religions or more at the same time.

In principle, I can try to make sure that only units that can be recruited in this settlement are replenished (but I'm not sure that this will be easy to do). And to add all sorts of restrictions, I don’t want to slide into the system that is on the Warscape
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 12, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

Well, or set any other filtering criterion (moral level, for example, so that only units with a low value are restored, etc.)