Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

All is ok for me with the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    All is ok for me with the new version.
    Good.

Can you write your windows version?
    Unsubscribe someone here if you tried the program and you have windows 7.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Can you write your windows version?
    Win 10

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I have windows 10 pro 64bit.
    All is alrigth.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Did anyone test the spawn army over ports feature yet?
    Im specially interested in this one, but have no time to testby myself.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Did anyone test the spawn army over ports feature yet?
    Im specially interested in this one, but have no time to testby myself.
    i tested It works.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

New test version:
    Fixed launch of the program on windows 7:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...346664/test.7z

Also try scanning the program files with an antivirus. I'm interested to know if a threat will now be detected in the program

Yes, I almost forgot:
    the test version of the program plays the m2tweop.mp3 music file if it is located in the same folder with the program. In the release version I will make special folder for music in youneuoy_Data

franky317's Avatar Libertus

in windows 7 it doesn't work.

it makes me configure everything but when I start the mod nothing happens

Last edited by franky317; August 12, 2020 at 02:43 AM.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I have vanilla m2tw where I play hotseats. Nothing related with hotseattool.
    My Hotseat save file somehow turned itself into a Single Player save file. With vanilla methods and console, it is impossible to switch between. I'm curious if this hotseat tool has an option of switching ongoing campaigns to Single and Hotseat.

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    in windows 7 it doesn't work.
    it makes me configure everything but when I start the mod nothing happens
    This is not good. Have you tried the latest version of the program? Files in the logs mtw2 folder appear? What version of the game do you have?
    You can write to me in the discord, there it is more convenient and faster to deal with the problem - youneuoy#3956

zender9

Probably this can be done, but at the moment the program does not have this functionality. I can try adding this (of course this will only be possible if the factions in the hotseat do not have a password). I see you wrote to me in discord, we'll figure it out.

The launcher has been slightly altered:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[nitpicking]
    Maybe "start mod" could be written bigger than "start vanilla" or something like this, since 99% of players will play with a mod.
    [/nitpicking]

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    [nitpicking]
    Maybe "start mod" could be written bigger than "start vanilla" or something like this, since 99% of players will play with a mod.
    [/nitpicking]
    It seems to me it will not look very nice.Probably, in the next updates, I will add new launch parameters (for starting mtw2 dlc`s, etc.), then it will be possible to somehow try to change this.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

then yes I tried the latest version with the fix.

I use the steam version.

I sent you the request on discord

Also pure cosmetic, but you could load the .ico from the mod folder at one side of the button.

I mean, you could preload the most common names or simply to give people the option to do it.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 13, 2020 at 10:13 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by zender9 View Post
    I have vanilla m2tw where I play hotseats. Nothing related with hotseattool.
    My Hotseat save file somehow turned itself into a Single Player save file. With vanilla methods and console, it is impossible to switch between. I'm curious if this hotseat tool has an option of switching ongoing campaigns to Single and Hotseat.
    Done.
    I switched the game mode in your game back to hotseat and sent the save to you in discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Also pure cosmetic, but you could load the .ico from the mod folder at one side of the button.
    ok i will add this later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I mean, you could preload the most common names or simply to give people the option to do it.
    what? You mean lang folder for launcher, as for heir change function?
    Last edited by youneuoy; August 13, 2020 at 10:22 AM.

I thought a little, and decided that after this update I will open free access to the project server in discord. There you can download the source code, discuss something, and quickly solve existing problems.

Deal with the franky317 crash:
    In this version, I simplified the verification of the game version as much as possible, so the program finds the file kingdoms.exe, which is a renamed medieval2.exe file from the steam version of the game, and because of this it thinks that it has a disc version of the game and applies the wrong patches
    In the release version I will add another system for checking the version of the game, for now, to avoid errors, make the names of the .exe files correct (medieval2.exe for steam and kingdoms.exe for the disk version, and if you have a steam version, then it should not be in your folder be the file kingdoms.exe).

I mean about the icons. Most mod icons are named launcher.ico, icon.ico, mod.ico, "modfoldername".ico... you could try to read and load such files, or as generally there will be a single icon file in the folder load the first .ico file it founds in there. If all that fails, then the user then can select it manually.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 13, 2020 at 12:46 PM.