Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

so, some information about the next test version:
    Everything is pretty clumsy now, I did it quickly (although I sat all day today with this chip: 0162 .
    So:
    changing the heir only works in the capital, a terrible blue button appears on the screen of the selected character, when it is pressed, the heir’s badge is taken from all the heirs of the fraction, and the selected character becomes the heir himself. At the same time, old characters will still be called princes (it’s probably even better, later it will be possible to screw on this function a decrease in the loyalty of other characters and especially such princes).
    Button (also I didn’t bother much with scaling, so that the button now will not be on a full hd screen somewhere in another part of the screen, but it’s not difficult to find it by appearance):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is there anyone to add?

If there are no problems, I will finalize this function and do the same for the leader + add the ability to display pictures and text after the change: victory-style:

Heh, it looks like I need to make the character a menu of interaction, as in crusader kings) I figured out how to divorce two characters. At the same time, each of them may later receive a marriage proposal. I myself can also initiate a marriage, but I'm not sure that this will always work stably, so there will only be a divorce in the next updates.

Why does it only work in the capital, if I may ask? Also, is it possible to place the button somehwere in the family tree, similar to RTW? In any case, I would suggest to make the button smaller and use a symbol instead of text (no need to localize it for different languages). There are a lot of unused symbols in the ui-Folder in the TGA-Files which can be used.

Heh, it looks like I need to make the character a menu of interaction, as in crusader kings) I figured out how to divorce two characters. At the same time, each of them may later receive a marriage proposal. I myself can also initiate a marriage, but I'm not sure that this will always work stably, so there will only be a divorce in the next updates.
    You are the most genius man on this planet since Albert Einstein.

Edit: If you use a symbol - can you add a mouseover-tooltip description with text "make heir" or something?
    Last edited by Ocyalos; June 21, 2020 at 07:56 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

That all sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Why does it only work in the capital, if I may ask? Also, is it possible to place the button somehwere in the family tree, similar to RTW? In any case, I would suggest to make the button smaller and use a symbol instead of text (no need to localize it for different languages). There are a lot of unused symbols in the ui-Folder in the TGA-Files which can be used.

You are the most genius man on this planet since Albert Einstein.

Edit: If you use a symbol - can you add a mouseover-tooltip description with text "make heir" or something?
    Well, in general, I was going to make the button completely transparent or something like this, in any case I want to make the rectangular area of the button (this is much simpler, and it may look nice). I can use the texture for the buttons, but no more, there are still more important things than curly buttons))
    Regarding the buttons in the pedigree:
    I will most likely add new similar features later, so I need to figure out where they can all be grouped right away (I can make a drop-down menu when clicking on a character in the pedigree, by the way).

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

The game doesn't start for me when i double-click on the hotseattool after following your tutorial.

1. I have added the

;Starting_mod=2;Mod_CFG_Name=WotNbeta.cfg

2. I have all the files in the right mod directory.

3. I have the following options:

;comments only in start of strings.
    ;The default values are commented below, they will be used at the start of the game, unless otherwise specified.
    ;enable Berserkers fix
    ;CorrectionOfBerserkers = 1
    ;enable full logging
    ;FullLoggingEnabled = 0
    ;unlock console command "change faction" in singleplayer game
    ;UnlockConsoleChangeFaction = 0
    ;owerwrite "Legio " string
    ;next string must be in "":
    ;LegioString="Legio "

Do i need to remove the ";"?

The berserkers CTD as soon as they reach the enemy.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The game doesn't start for me when i double-click on the hotseattool after following your tutorial.

1. I have added the

;Starting_mod=2;Mod_CFG_Name=WotNbeta.cfg

2. I have all the files in the right mod directory.

3. I have the following options:

;comments only in start of strings.
    ;The default values are commented below, they will be used at the start of the game, unless otherwise specified.
    ;enable Berserkers fix
    ;CorrectionOfBerserkers = 1
    ;enable full logging
    ;FullLoggingEnabled = 0
    ;unlock console command "change faction" in singleplayer game
    ;UnlockConsoleChangeFaction = 0
    ;owerwrite "Legio " string
    ;next string must be in "":
    ;LegioString="Legio "

Do i need to remove the ";"?

The berserkers CTD as soon as they reach the enemy.
    Hello!
    You do not write in the correct topic, so I will transfer these messages later.
    One more thing, as far as I remember, you use a very old version of my program in your modification, since then I changed the terms of use (please follow the recommendations if you will use new versions):
    I want the user to be able to choose the installation method. Such a small whim) Still, I try to actively update the program, add new features, etc., I would like users to know about them.
    I would also like you to give credits in a post with your modification after its release, with a link to our subforum.
    And of course, I would like your active participation in the discussion of the program’s capabilities (including those already planned or already implemented), some kind of feedback based on the results of use, etc.

I think that as an option you can make two archives with a submod - one completely ready, and the second without my program, and in addition to this, instructions for adapting to your mod.
    Or another option - a completely ready-made mod, but without the M2TW Engine Overhaul Project files included in its composition. Next to the link to this mod, you can place a link to the archive with the version of the M2TW Engine Overhaul Project fully adapted for your mod and another one leading to our subforum on twcenter for experienced users (of course, with instructions on how to configure this for this particular mod).
    If you have any other suggestions on how to distribute them, I do not mind listening to them.

About your problem:
    lines starting with; - comments, you need to remove them and to start the modification in your case you need to make the following settings:
    Starting_mod =1
    Mod_CFG_Name =WotNbeta.cfg
    After the sign; default settings are indicated, with the parameter Starting_mod =2 the program simply starts, without making any changes to the game. This is all in the instructions, read it.
    It is also important that you do not need a .bat file to run the modification.
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 21, 2020 at 11:58 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    so, some information about the next test version:
    Everything is pretty clumsy now, I did it quickly (although I sat all day today with this chip: 0162 .
    So:
    changing the heir only works in the capital, a terrible blue button appears on the screen of the selected character, when it is pressed, the heir’s badge is taken from all the heirs of the fraction, and the selected character becomes the heir himself. At the same time, old characters will still be called princes (it’s probably even better, later it will be possible to screw on this function a decrease in the loyalty of other characters and especially such princes).
    Button (also I didn’t bother much with scaling, so that the button now will not be on a full hd screen somewhere in another part of the screen, but it’s not difficult to find it by appearance):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is there anyone to add?

If there are no problems, I will finalize this function and do the same for the leader + add the ability to display pictures and text after the change: victory-style:
    Are you telling us you managed to create a new working button in the game interface?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Are you telling us you managed to create a new working button in the game interface?
    Yes, I already made a drop-down menu after right-click on the portrait of the character in the pedigree.
    So far there will be options:
    make heir
    get a divorce
    After clicking, a text message with an image will appear, all the text will be configured in the localization files. Fines will also be adjusted after clicking on the buttons and their working conditions (for example, options for the heir - you can do this at any time, or only in the capital, or only for a character from the same army with a leader or only for a character in the same army with leader in the capital).

Interface development takes a lot of time, but this is not an impossible task - I can replace at least the entire interface in the game over time (scaling and other things are also possible for this), but I don’t think that I will do it without financial support - even those that seem small, the changes I made are a lot of work and a lot of time.
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 21, 2020 at 11:30 PM.

Yes, I already made a drop-down menu after right-click on the portrait of the character in the pedigree.
    So far there will be options:
    make heir
    get a divorce
    Retire the character could also be interesting.

Without adding new buttons, could it be possible to make appear an ui element (just a picture/symbol) when a character is selected, depending on his traits. For example, a jauge indicating his level of supply, a symbol of a title or of the morale of the troops, etc...It would be useful to immediatly see important things without manualy consulting traits.

Sorry if that's not easier than adding buttons ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Retire the character could also be interesting.

Without adding new buttons, could it be possible to make appear an ui element (just a picture/symbol) when a character is selected, depending on his traits. For example, a jauge indicating his level of supply, a symbol of a title or of the morale of the troops, etc...It would be useful to immediatly see important things without manualy consulting traits.

Sorry if that's not easier than adding buttons ^^'
    It is not easier, but it is also possible.
    The idea is sound, but we need to decide how to implement it so that it is suitable for any modification, including and for vanilla.
    Will you try to plan? Those. what where and how it should be displayed, how to interact with this something, what it should depend on, etc.

It is also important that you do not need a .bat file to run the modification.
    All my mods are started by double-clicking the .bat-file - as I do use the CD most of the time, how do I change this?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Ok, i will detail the idea more precisely, and post it in the next days.

All my mods are started by double-clicking the .bat-file - as I do use the CD most of the time, how do I change this?
    I wrote everything in the instructions and even made a video
    Change the parameters in the limits.youneuoycfg file, and then start the game using the HotSeatTool.exe file. This works for both the cd and steam versions, the program itself will find what it needs to run.

I wrote everything in the instructions and even made a video
    Change the parameters in the limits.youneuoycfg file, and then start the game using the HotSeatTool.exe file. This works for both the cd and steam versions, the program itself will find what it needs to run.
    It didn't work, I read everything three times, watched the video two times, edited that file - the program doesn't start the game.

And when i start it through the .bat-file I won't have the changes.

Can't you make a version like the old so I could use it by starting the .bat-file.

I do get an error-message after removing the ";" and trying to launch the mod.

I used the Hotseattool and it caused this error - launching through the .bat-file works but it won't have any changes if I do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2020.06.22 - 15.06.33.76.png  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 22, 2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Hotseattool causes an error when lauching the mod through it.

- The Havamal

It didn't work, I read everything three times, watched the video two times, edited that file - the program doesn't start the game.

And when i start it through the .bat-file I won't have the changes.

Can't you make a version like the old so I could use it by starting the .bat-file.
    No, I will not redo the launch method.
    Write me:
    your windows version
    and also send me your limits.youneuoycfg file, the path to the mod .cfg file (for example E: \ Games \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Medieval II Total War \ mods \ BellumCrucis7_hotseat \ BellumCrucis7.cfg) and the path to the place where you unpacked everything program files.

So far, the change of heirs looks like this:

I decided to make a drop-down menu after right-clicking on a character while viewing a dynastic tree. I will add the divorce there as the second paragraph (I plan to make a vertical drop-down list).
    All textures and text are read from files in the .dds format and support transparency (as was seen in the video), 2 textures are used for the message - the texture of the scroll and the picture at the top of it. Buttons have no texture, it's just text (I also plan to add tooltips when hovering over these buttons with descriptions of fines, etc.).
    The sizes of the elements are calculated depending on the size of the game window.

If someone has ideas about changes in this functionality, now is the time to write about it, after completing the character’s menu I will add new items there, but I won’t change the principle of its work and display.

Maybe the roster with all the generals would be more indicated than the family tree if you want to add other options later? So that you can affect characters even if they are not family members. Also maybe a more neutral font style would be more welcome to fit with mods that aren't medieval (but it's maybe easily customisable?).

The scroll alone looks already like the holy grail for me. I will try to not think to all the possibilities it lets glimpse .

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Maybe the roster with all the generals would be more indicated than the family tree if you want to add other options later? So that you can affect characters even if they are not family members. Also maybe a more neutral font style would be more welcome to fit with mods that aren't medieval (but it's maybe easily customisable?).

The scroll alone looks already like the holy grail for me. I will try to not think to all the possibilities it lets glimpse .
    I think later it will be possible to do something with the rest of the characters or rather, somehow display them in the family tree, but not now(I already have a head spin when I imagine how much more work is left).
    About the fonts:
    I use fonts in .ttf format
    fonts are downloaded from files in the youneuoy_data folder, the font for the main menu cannot be replaced with another (its real name is checked, not the name of the file, if someone offers the best font for the inscription in the main menu, I will replace it - I myself did not choose very carefully, took one of the first good gothic fonts I saw), but the font for the rest of the text can simply be replaced with another file. Also, I will probably add the ability to adjust the color of the text, also through the config file.
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 22, 2020 at 04:21 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

So far, the change of heirs looks like this:

I decided to make a drop-down menu after right-clicking on a character while viewing a dynastic tree. I will add the divorce there as the second paragraph (I plan to make a vertical drop-down list).
    All textures and text are read from files in the .dds format and support transparency (as was seen in the video), 2 textures are used for the message - the texture of the scroll and the picture at the top of it. Buttons have no texture, it's just text (I also plan to add tooltips when hovering over these buttons with descriptions of fines, etc.).
    The sizes of the elements are calculated depending on the size of the game window.

If someone has ideas about changes in this functionality, now is the time to write about it, after completing the character’s menu I will add new items there, but I won’t change the principle of its work and display.
    unbelievable. This is probably the biggest breakthrough in MED2 engine modding after IWTE.