Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Yes, I can replenish / decrease the number of troops depending on any parameters of the commander or the composition of the army or many more things, up to finding the army in an area limited by certain coordinates. I can also change the range of movement and much more.

Taking advantage of the successes that I have already achieved it will not be very difficult to do (I think it can take 5-10 working hours, well, or more if i really introduce some extremely tricky system.)
    At the same time, I can take into account the experience of soldiers and much much more. And of course, all this will be configured through the config file. Only at first I need to think over some interesting system and implement it as efficiently as possible.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Wow, it's great to see progess again in the memory editing field!
    I wish you could lift the unit and cultures limit!

@Aura
    I'm curious about the new 1920x1080 UI display. Can you show any screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Removing some limits is not the main goal of the program, but rather a by-product. Nevertheless, sooner or later this will be done (if the project finds support among users)

Updated the program and instructions.

It would be nice if all interested people supported the project in an accessible way (for example, you can test various changes, participate in planning new game mechanics or discuss them, sponsor development with money, etc.).
    With the help of this program, it will probably be possible someday to give modders the opportunity to change the MTW2 gameplay beyond recognition.

All changes made work correctly in an ongoing campaign, nothing breaks during updates, it’s enough just not to activate new features.

Please do not include the program in your modifications without my permission (and I will allow, if you ask). I just want to have some usage statistics.

I would like to understand how the developers of various modifications see the changes proposed in the fixed message with plans for development.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Can you insert an instruction with the memory program?
    Could it searched in Rome Tw what is the right instruction a what pointer you need and after add to M2tw what it miss.

Default Discussion of plans for the development of the project and the implementation of things already selected for entering the game.

At the same time, I can take into account the experience of soldiers and much much more. And of course, all this will be configured through the config file. Only at first I need to think over some interesting system and implement it as efficiently as possible.
    Taking things like the experience into account would be far beyond my hopes. If some suggestions can help you:

• The attrition should take effect with CharacterTurnStart, what would allow to give the trait with CharacterTurnEnd (the best moment to determine the situation of characters, since they are then immobile)
    • Different levels would be ideal (something like 10, 20, 30.....100% ?), but even just one little value (10%) would already be extremely useful (and could be repeated next).
    • If different forms of attrition could be possible, it would be interresting to have one affecting only the mercenary units (ex: 25 - 50 - 75 - 100%), thus their lack of loyalty, venality, etc... could be represented independently from the rest of the army.
    • Another form of attrition affecting only the general himself, with 100%, would allow to kill such characters. Scripters could use this for a lot of things: mutiny, death sentences, banishment, conjuration, etc...
    • If the name of the units could be used as a parameter, temporary duty could also be represented (currently you can already eliminate certain units depending on their name or attribute, with destroy_units, but it affects all the faction).
    • Auto-replenishment of armies in settlements is something that could also be interesting for certain mods.

@Aura
    I'm curious about the new 1920x1080 UI display. Can you show any screenshots?
    UI modification is still in progress, the whole ui standing in the top left corner of the screen right now (since it is 1024x768 other areas are just empty). I tested moving couple of ui elements (in this case building and faction symbol icons) and tried to understand what is what. Now i'm diving deep into the ui I'm trying to reverse it completely so every user can make their own UI by changing the locations of the UI elements through a .txt or .cfg file. It is a pretty long task, but if i manage to do that, modders will do their own UI design or maybe add additional eyecandy or info stuff into their interface. But before that, I'll release a 1920x1080 interface (without the editable configs that i've mentioned) only for strategy and battle uis, because as you may know the main menu backgrounds and ui elements of the game's menus are 1024x768 backgrounds and alphas, i don't want to waste too much time to move and modify them before the final version

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

1920 x 1080 interfaces will be amazing!

Here's the current concept that i'm planning to make for the first version btw.

Quote Originally Posted by nadalio View Post
    Can you insert an instruction with the memory program?
    Could it searched in Rome Tw what is the right instruction a what pointer you need and after add to M2tw what it miss.
    I can take a very long time and I need to make out what the game was looking for there, but I can just take it and make it skip this moment in cases that can cause crash. Since this seems to cause no problems, I will prefer the second option.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Taking things like the experience into account would be far beyond my hopes. If some suggestions can help you:
    Yes, I think I’ll do something like that. Perhaps I will add the ability to set non-combat losses of the besieging army.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Here's the current concept that i'm planning to make for the first version btw.
    Still, probably everyone would like to see real results.

Yes, the ideas are not bad, but what about armies without a commander? And what about AI? Just reduce the fines for him?

Well, did anyone test the new functionality?

Yes, the ideas are not bad, but what about armies without a commander? And what about AI? Just reduce the fines for him?
    Since captains cannot have traits, they would not be affected. But the advantage with traits is that you can control who gain the trait and when, as well as the intensity, (so you can exclude/ include the AI). Maybe are you thinking to a mechanism affecting the besieging units, like you have mentioned, even if they have no general? It would be good too, but for the rest a system working with a trait (although limited to family characters) would be more flexible for modders imo: it could allow to simulate desertion, epidemics, hostile climat, or what you want in any situation.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you want to find more support for the project, you could try to request a front page announcement: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/anno...php?f=11&a=452
    And maybe ask moderation to move this thread here, where I think it'd fit better: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...-Miscellaneous

@Aura
    That looks promising!

Since captains cannot have traits, they would not be affected. But the advantage with traits is that you can control who gain the trait and when, as well as the intensity, (so you can exclude/ include the AI). Maybe are you thinking to a mechanism affecting the besieging units, like you have mentioned, even if they have no general? It would be good too, but for the rest a system working with a trait (although limited to family characters) would be more flexible for modders imo: it could allow to simulate desertion, epidemics, hostile climat, or what you want in any situation.
    i can try to do such a thing - if the army is in its province, then these effects do not affect it. And if in a stranger, then everything works. Moreover, if there is no general at a distance of n cells from the stack, then a fine of level m applies.
    The effects themselves should be divided into levels that are set, for example, by the same traits, anchillaries, names, etc. .. Well, as an option, you can also take into account the experience of soldiers (reduce losses in units with extensive experience)

the only thing I can’t make of it yet is to check if the stack is in my province or in someone else’s. Those. I can do a lot of things with stacks, something with the provinces, but I haven’t been looking for a connection between them yet.

it can be run in a separate thread so that nothing slows down. Everything will be checked pretty quickly, I think it’s okay that for some units the effect will be displayed half a second or second after the start of the process (this is if you add a lot of long checks)
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM.

If you want to find more support for the project, you could try to request a front page announcement: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/anno...php?f=11&a=452
    And maybe ask moderation to move this thread here, where I think it'd fit better: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...-Miscellaneous
    !
    Yes, I would like to do this, but first I need to test the existing changes. If they all work as they should(it works for me, you need to test it all on other systems), then many other things can be done by analogy. If not, then first need to fix the technical system for the implementation of these things and after that already let the news go to the masses.

Regarding the move - I would like a separate subsection here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...-Modifications
    I would like to involve the maximum possible number of modders in the development of this project (since it can be a system for creating mods, it is also a mod in itself). As I wrote above, it will be difficult for me to think through everything so that it can be used as conveniently and flexibly as possible.
    In the future, it would be possible to create new topics with a discussion of the implementation of specific changes. Also, if there are experienced programmers who want it, then I could give them the opportunity to write the code of some things themselves, in which case HotSeatTool would serve only as a layer between the game and their code.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM.