Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug report topic

Default Bug report topic

Post bug reports here.
    Try to describe your problem as detailed as possible.

Default Re: Bug report topic

I have launched two mods with the last version, and in both case they crash just before the second turn, even if i remove my modifications. I have even reinstalled bare_geomod and the tool to be sure that it was nothing else was interfering, but the result is the same .

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    I have launched two mods with the last version, and in both case they crash just before the second turn, even if i remove my modifications. I have even reinstalled bare_geomod and the tool to be sure that it was nothing else was interfering, but the result is the same .
    OK)
    Give me your logs folder after crash(it's in the root folder of mtw2)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Imho I had some crashes as well, when implementing some stuff, usually avoidable by changing something, so there is likely some connection...

ages.youneuoylog:
    Code:
    Log, readed params:
    end
    applyingPatches.youneuoylog:
    Code:
    Log:
    Start applying age patch
    Done
    Start applying visual age patch
    Done
    Start applying berserkers patch
    Done
    Start applying unit types patch #1
    Done
    Start applying OnChangePassedTurnsCount patch
    Done
    Done
    End.
    guard.youneuoylog:
    Code:
    Log, readed(and sorted by priority) params:
    end
    Log, searching for types id:
    number of types:413
    Finded id`s:0
    End
    Log, check for guard change:
    numbers of factions:22
    Changed units:0
    End
    labels.youneuoylog:
    Code:
    end
    labels_immutable:
    end
    Log, check for labels change:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli
    Imho I had some crashes as well, when implementing some stuff, usually avoidable by changing something, so there is likely some connection...
    As i have said, i have reinstalled both bare_geomod and the tool to be sure it was not me. I have also tried with EBII, and in this case, i had just added the two lines to launch the mod.
    Last edited by Erken; May 10, 2020 at 08:36 AM.

send me the all.youneuoylog file (upload it to googledisk or somewhere else, along with the entire logs folder)

I have no all.youneoylog file xD...

I have no all.youneoylog file xD...
    Wow, that’s clear. I will sort this out)

It seems that I was a little hasty with the update and did not check one of the functions (the simplest one at the same time).
    I updated the archive with the program, everything now works as it should, but it starts now in the old way (using the bat file). I'll fix it tomorrow.
    Erken, tnx

I have started to test the label system, and it's working fine (bringing a lot of new possibilities!), but most of time when i leave the campaign i have a CTD. I have tried various thing to isolate the problem, but the only thing solving it is to delete the concerned section in labels.youneuoycfg, which is nevertheless working normaly (and change it makes no difference).

It seems random: I can leave the campaign a first time, and next (without modifying nothing) it will crash if i start a new campaign. It can also crash the first time.

Here are the logs if you want to take a look (but i see no problem in them).

I have started to test the label system, and it's working fine (bringing a lot of new possibilities!), but most of time when i leave the campaign i have a CTD. I have tried various thing to isolate the problem, but the only thing solving it is to delete the concerned section in labels.youneuoycfg, which is nevertheless working normaly (and change it makes no difference).

It seems random: I can leave the campaign a first time, and next (without modifying nothing) it will crash if i start a new campaign. It can also crash the first time.

Here are the logs if you want to take a look (but i see no problem in them).
    Yeah, got it.
    Are there any problems with the game? Judging by the logs with this, everything is ok.
    As far as I understand, everything works correctly, except for exiting the campaign? I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Yes, the rest is ok. I will do more tests during the next days, but as of now all the things i have tried are working great.

So, I figured out the cause of the problem, today or tomorrow there will be a fix.
    Crash happens when a game deletes a changed label(when deleting, that is, when loading a save from an ongoing campaign, exiting the game, etc.). You can continue to work with this function, but be sure to download the update when I do it.
    Last edited by youneuoy; May 13, 2020 at 10:59 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Thanks!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Hi, it's still me...

First, thank you for the fix, i indeed no more have CTDs.

Nevertheless, i have tried 4_coords for zones and it doesn't seem to work (even if for a particular tile it's ok).

The logs say this:
    Code:
    start: 
    Alpha
    alpha
    Condition

end
    labels_immutable:
    end
    Log, check for labels change:
    Changed labels:0
    End
    Code:
    Log searching for param(type):900  description: Alpha  character: William
    try to find character in: 109,147,110,148
    character in: 109,147
    If i correctly understand, the position is validated but the label is not attribued. With 109, 147 / 109, 147, it works fine though.

Hi, it's still me...
    First, thank you for the fix, i indeed no more have CTDs.
    Nevertheless, i have tried 4_coords for zones and it doesn't seem to work (even if for a particular tile it's ok).

The logs say this:
    Code:
    Log searching for param(type):900  description: Alpha  character: William
    try to find character in: 109,147,110,148
    character in: 109,147
    If i correctly understand, the position is validated but the label is not attribued. With 109, 147 / 109, 147, it works fine though.
    Everything is simple here, you set the coordinates incorrectly.
    In the picture, the points that need to be set are marked in black, and those that you set are marked in red. The sequence of the order in which they must be specified is also marked.

In the next update, I will indicate the sequence of setting points in the comments in a config file, probably I forgot to do this

Well, i have followed the guide xD:

For 4_coords you write there x and y coordinates into 4 lines in this order: xmin, ymin, xmax, ymax.
    So, the good order is xmin, ymax, xmax, ymin, and indeed it works better...^^

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Ahhh, fixed Thanks

franky317's Avatar Libertus

I downloaded the latest version, but I always have problems with the exe file, inserting the old version works.

but on windows 7 does it work? I can't find the discussion where they talked about it

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    I downloaded the latest version, but I always have problems with the exe file, inserting the old version works.
    but on windows 7 does it work? I can't find the discussion where they talked about it
    On win 7, everything should work fine. What exactly is your problem?
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast