Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Updated the site, added information about the project, version history, list of developers, etc.

If you have any ideas what is missing - write

https://youneuoy.github.io/M2TWEOP-library/
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    1) What? You can do this in m2tweop scripts (see site).
    2) I know about this, in the new version the ability to add custom text to the age will be removed, the age itself can be correctly arbitrarily changed in the script.
    Thanks for 2), but regarding 1) I still don't find any documentation on changing an heir except for the in-game way (RMB and then click make heir while in the middle of a campaign). I checked the github site as well but it seems to only indicate the ability to change heir within the game? What if I wanted to make a trigger in one of the .yoneuoycfg files so that, eg, Aragorn gains a trait for winning at the Black Gate, and using the trait as a condition make him heir automatically? A bit like the change battle models feature through scripts? Unless it is implemented in the new version through .lua files, though on the website I can only find it in this way:

• status int 5-leader,2 - heir, 0 - ordinary character. Only read it, not set it!

Please tell me if I'm wrong and I'm missing an elephant in the room to make change heirs work without manually do it in game. It could be good for implementing the reunited kingdom script without a separate faction and everything looking right: kill Denethor off, make heir a hidden character, add Aragorn to the faction (by merging the two factions), then make Aragorn the heir, and kill off the hidden character, he becomes new king (if, per the other post, we can also get the titles to change as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron puppet of Saruman View Post
    Thanks for 2), but regarding 1) I still don't find any documentation on changing an heir except for the in-game way (RMB and then click make heir while in the middle of a campaign). I checked the github site as well but it seems to only indicate the ability to change heir within the game? What if I wanted to make a trigger in one of the .yoneuoycfg files so that, eg, Aragorn gains a trait for winning at the Black Gate, and using the trait as a condition make him heir automatically? A bit like the change battle models feature through scripts? Unless it is implemented in the new version through .lua files, though on the website I can only find it in this way:

• status int 5-leader,2 - heir, 0 - ordinary character. Only read it, not set it!

Please tell me if I'm wrong and I'm missing an elephant in the room to make change heirs work without manually do it in game. It could be good for implementing the reunited kingdom script without a separate faction and everything looking right: kill Denethor off, make heir a hidden character, add Aragorn to the faction (by merging the two factions), then make Aragorn the heir, and kill off the hidden character, he becomes new king (if, per the other post, we can also get the titles to change as well).
    yeah, it looks like I haven't added it yet. The change of heir (and ruler) will be possible later(I will try to do it in the next test version) with the help of additional functions.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 29, 2021 at 02:20 PM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Ah thanks for your reply. I'm glad with the progress you're making. Time to read up on LUA scripting in prep for the new versions.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can you please expand on the age.yoneuoycfg, like how does it work and what are the possibilities?

Hello everyone, congratulations Youneuoy it's a very nice work for this game .

I'm probably a noob but I don't feel like I can use the improvements.. (choose the heir for example)
    I have a steam version 1.52 in vanilla (without mod)

I copied the files in this order :

I copied the files in this order :

Win (C)> Programmes (x86)> Steam> Steamapps> Common> Medieval 2 Total War> Mod>M2TWEOP

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Oh where are my manners

I respectfully ask your permission to use this groundbreaking tool in our mod, Tsardoms Total War.

Regards, Jure

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Can you please expand on the age.yoneuoycfg, like how does it work and what are the possibilities?
    I don't think that makes sense. In the new version, this has already been cut out and all manipulations with age take place through a regular lua script https://youneuoy.github.io/M2TWEOP-l..._table_section

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Oh where are my manners

I respectfully ask your permission to use this groundbreaking tool in our mod, Tsardoms Total War.

Regards, Jure
    Yes of course. No problem. Do not forget only about participation in the project, make credits and other things

Just so that there is no long lull:
    work on the new version is in full swing, there will be a lot of new interesting things.
    For example, it will be possible to completely change part of the name of any unit on the strategic map (this is what is usually set by the Legio parameter - you can use any words for any units, including localized ones), etc.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Very interesting project, you've advanced M2TW quite a bit.

I'm not sure if anyone from the EBII team already asked officially but we're interested in using it at some point within our official release. Is that ok?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Very interesting project, you've advanced M2TW quite a bit.

I'm not sure if anyone from the EBII team already asked officially but we're interested in using it at some point within our official release. Is that ok?
    Hey.

I remember talking a few times about m2tweop with people involved with ebii development, but nothing more.
    In general, ebii is an excellent modification and the only hotseat for this modification, which I played, I really liked. True, in the single-player campaign, the AI ​​seemed to me not very successful (but I play in the single-player campaign a little, maybe I did not overlook something). The historical part, as well as the filling of the modification with details, is nevertheless possibly the best of all modifications.

Of course you can use that (not forgetting project references, etc.). I am now actively completing the m2tweop plugin that adds scripting in the lua language and I suppose this should interest you (these scripts provide much more functionality than the standard game scripts, and they are also much faster).
    I now have quite a few things in the list to put in there. Write if you are missing something specific - this will speed up the addition of important things.

Also, join the m2tweop discord server (https://discord.gg/xpPrysj) - there communication flows faster than here and I can quickly suggest something / make a test build of the program with new functions, etc. It will benefit both the modification team and the m2tweop project.

Finally made a working function of replacing the character's bodyguards. Many have asked for this.
    general: setBodyguardUnit (someUnit);
    this now not only correctly sets the squad to the newly created character, but also can change the squad.
    Something like this:
    ourUnit1 = ourStack: getUnit (0);
    ourUnit2 = ourStack: getUnit (1);
    ourUnit1.general: setBodyguardUnit (ourUnit2);

three lines.
    Of course, there is a condition for these lines - you first need to get an army and make sure that it has units with indices 0 and 1, and also that the unit with index 0 has a general. There are a few more lines. And it will also crash if the general is in both squads.

General's Guard Change Test(and example)
    1) unpack the program to the modification folder
    2) run M2TWEOP GUI.exe, in the settings write the name of your config file (along with the extension)
    3) save the settings, click on the button to start the game

4) during the game, select an army - a menu will appear
    the menu has a reset button, this will reset it and reset any selected units

5) choose the first squad - it shouldn't have a general! If anything, use the reset button.

6) select the second squad - if he has a general, he will move to the first squad. Also in the m2tweop console (ctrl + 1) you will see a message about the success of the operation.

all)) Should work with any mod. You can see the script along the path youneuoy_Data \ plugins \ lua \ luaPluginScript.lua

important note! With a save load, etc. be sure to press the reset button!

Script text:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    require('myconfigs')

local selectedStack=nil;
    local selectedUnit=nil;

functionmakeReplacement(unit)
    if(selectedUnit~=nil and unit.character~=nil)
    then
    print("Test replacement done!")
                unit.character:setBodyguardUnit(selectedUnit);
    end
            selectedUnit=unit;
    end
    functiondraw(device)
    if(selectedStack==nil)
    then
    doreturnend
    end

ImGui.SetNextWindowSize(500, -1);
    local isOpen=true;
            isOpen=ImGui.Begin("bodyguard",isOpen,ImGuiWindowFlags.NoDecoration);       

if(selectedUnit~=nil)
    then
                ImGui.Text("You select for replacement: "..selectedUnit.eduEntry.Type.."\n Now select unit with character");
    end

if(ImGui.Button("Reset selection!"))
    then
                selectedUnit=nil;
                selectedStack=nil;
    end

if(selectedStack~=nil)
    then
    local soldiersNum=selectedStack.numOfUnits;
    for i = 0, soldiersNum-1do-- цикл от 1 до 10 с шагом 1
    local unit = selectedStack:getUnit(i);
                    ImGui.PushID(i);

if(ImGui.Button(unit.eduEntry.Type))
    then
    makeReplacement(unit);
    end
                    ImGui.PopID()
    end
    end

ImGui.End();
    end

functiononCharacterSelected(namedCharacter)    
            selectedStack=namedCharacter.character.armyLeaded;
    end

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

At some point, if CA is still worth half their salt, and they plan to remake med 2, surely they should contact you. Thanks for the new release.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Mod problem. Ignore post.
    Last edited by Toranks; June 05, 2021 at 06:36 PM.

So, I decided to start developing a new m2tweop plugin
    Development will be carried out in the same way as the development of a lua plugin - in C++.

The plugin will be called "sea battles plugin" and will implement (respectively) sea battles.

For now I am planning to do some adaptation of the Battleship game ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_(game) )
    What will differ from the classic version:
    1) the size of the field for each player will depend on the composition of his fleet
    2) (possibly) the number of attacks of each player will depend on the composition of his fleet
    3) (possibly) turns will occur simultaneously. That is, both players (player and AI) make a turn, after which they receive damage at one moment. So it will not work outright to smash the enemy with one volley without loss.
    4) of course, after the battle, the situation on the campaign map will be updated - possibly with the capture of ships, etc.
    5) perhaps over time it will receive some kind of qualitative improvement, especially if other modders who are familiar with programming are interested
    6) I will be glad to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this matter. Maybe I chose a bad option)
    So far, I have implemented only a simple version of naval combat without being tied to the game. It's not too late to stop or replace it with something else.

Also, a full-fledged version of m2tweop 2.0 is already close to release. There will be many new functions, the ability to write your own data to save files, there will be an opportunity (to a limited extent) to interact with the standard m2tw script (necessary until the Lua plugin replaces all the functions of ordinary scripts).
    I write a little about it here, but the activity on the discord is quite high, I have already released several test versions and it seems everything is ok.

Finished all the functions that I was going to add to this version of the program. I did a lot of tests, it seems now everything is ready for release. There will be a new version in a few days.

Updated program documentation for version 2.0 release
    https://youneuoy.github.io/M2TWEOP-library/

Today or tomorrow I will post the new version of the program.