Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Glad you've finally released this man, good work. And by time will become even bigger I hope

ABOUT WHY THE ANTIVIRUSES DETECTS IT AS A FALSE POSITIVE ETC:

We use a brute force method to manipulate a running memory process (this case it is medieval2.exe or kingdoms.exe). You can search the net about "memory editing of a running process antivirus issues" and check more people having trouble with this. When I compile the program that written by me (of course) i also get these warning and windows defender tries to delete the program or quarantinee it. It is not that we are trying to invade your PC but it is a fact that unless we contact one by one all the antivirus providers and tell them that our program is clean etc to please include it in the whitelist in the future updates (which might take years to do or they might just dont care) it is not going to change.
    Last edited by Aura; March 29, 2020 at 03:08 AM.

Default Discussion of plans for the development of the project and the implementation of things already selected for entering the game.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    At the same time, I can take into account the experience of soldiers and much much more. And of course, all this will be configured through the config file. Only at first I need to think over some interesting system and implement it as efficiently as possible.
    Taking things like the experience into account would be far beyond my hopes. If some suggestions can help you:

• The attrition should take effect with CharacterTurnStart, what would allow to give the trait with CharacterTurnEnd (the best moment to determine the situation of characters, since they are then immobile)
    • Different levels would be ideal (something like 10, 20, 30.....100% ?), but even just one little value (10%) would already be extremely useful (and could be repeated next).
    • If different forms of attrition could be possible, it would be interresting to have one affecting only the mercenary units (ex: 25 - 50 - 75 - 100%), thus their lack of loyalty, venality, etc... could be represented independently from the rest of the army.
    • Another form of attrition affecting only the general himself, with 100%, would allow to kill such characters. Scripters could use this for a lot of things: mutiny, death sentences, banishment, conjuration, etc...
    • If the name of the units could be used as a parameter, temporary duty could also be represented (currently you can already eliminate certain units depending on their name or attribute, with destroy_units, but it affects all the faction).
    • Auto-replenishment of armies in settlements is something that could also be interesting for certain mods.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Congratulations on another game changing update.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Nothing really to contribute beyond- this looks great: please keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Nothing really to contribute beyond- this looks great: please keep it up!
    Tnx.
    Such messages are encouraging I do not plan to abandon the project.
    Although, of course, I would like more tangible support))

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

youneuoy, you are gold, please don't get sick.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

The system for labels looks great . The coords notably will now allow to easily give (/remove) traits to characters in ports without laborious scripts with witches and heretics.

Just a question: does it's possible to give a label to a character within a settlement or a fort?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yes, it should see all characters within settlements/forts unless it is a captain. I_FactionNearTile and I_CharacterTypeNearTile works that way so Im pretty sure this will work the same way

Yes, checking coordinates does only what it needs to do - checks coordinates. The coordinates of two points are set and before the start of a new turn, the characters are checked whether they are in these coordinates or not (including at the borders of a given quadrangle, so you can specify one point).

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

From the next patch, the program itself will launch a mod or game. The video shows how to configure launch options.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Any news on the widescreen distortion correction thing?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I haven’t done anything like this, and so far I don’t plan to do it - and so there are a lot of important tasks on the list

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Mr. leo I think Aura was the one working on that.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Mr. leo I think Aura was the one working on that.
    He has not written anything to me for a long time, and I'm not sure that he will do anything.

Oh, well, a shame I guess. Besides the ability to launch the game/mods from the tool, what else are you adding or what you are planning to tackle next?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 08, 2020 at 10:25 PM.

Oh, well, a shame I guess. Besides the ability to launch the game/mods from the tool, what else are you adding or what you are planning to tackle next?
    In this update will be:
    launch the game / mods
    script and label system updates
    the ability to set your prefix to units with the legio parameter
    The update is almost ready, there are still a few tests and still need to update the instructions(this is horror).

In the next updates I’ll try to do what I’ve already written about, except that I’ll add the ability to specify several descr_formations_ai.txt files (it will be possible to give the files any names), each for different situations (battle type, army composition by units types, general’s characteristics, faction). I have already seen attempts to do this by replacing the file while the game is running, but the game reads the descr_formations_ai file only once at startup, so this could not be successful.
    Also, most likely the program will come with a set of formation files for AI along with a configuration file, according to which information about the formations will be loaded before each battle.

I will also do something else minor along with major updates (as usual), we'll see.

Wonderful! So we will be ablet change the legio prefix for any other word? Did you solved the cyrilic writing issue? What about the numbering, it will still be roman?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 08, 2020 at 11:57 PM.

Wonderful! So we will be ablet change the legio prefix for any other word? Did you solved the cyrilic writing issue? What about the numbering, it will still be roman?
    I did not do this in detail, so it is only possible to replace the word Legio (you can write several words at once, not necessarily one).

Today will be an update

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Its a pity the widscreen resolution is not being worked. I believe its a priority since its something of interest for the entire community and would give a new life to the game. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Someone else asked but let me re-check, any plans to allow factions to have more than 1 animation for generals?
    Currently, we found a way how to have generals with custom animations in the same faction but they cant be spawed via script so its not ideal.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast