Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

NAVAL BATTLES ON CAMPAIGN MAP FOR MED2????? Are you serious? Or is this some kind of late April fools joke? Did I died and this is my very lame version of heaven?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    NAVAL BATTLES ON CAMPAIGN MAP FOR MED2????? Are you serious? Or is this some kind of late April fools joke? Did I died and this is my very lame version of heaven?
    well, it's just a Battleship implementation. And this is not ready. But it is possible to do it in the Lua script as well - I chose c++ as it is more familiar to me.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Now there will be a release
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Well it's a start. I guess eventually someone will open up a real time implementation. However battleship style is still far better than nothing/autoresolve.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Great news and congrats on the new release.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Great news and congrats on the new release.

Do not post in a topic with download links, pls

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Hi youneuoy, do you think you will ever extend this to Rome: Total War too? Given the disappointing remaster it could be extremely interesting for modders.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hey, this is really interesting but I'm not sure exactly what it does or how it has come about. Is there an FAQ or something ?

Is this something I can use with old mods for M2TW Kingdoms, such as TATW ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Hi youneuoy, do you think you will ever extend this to Rome: Total War too? Given the disappointing remaster it could be extremely interesting for modders.
    Hey.
    If we are talking about a remaster, then I will copy the answer I gave yesterday to one person on the discord server:
    with this everything is very ambiguous. Even if they suddenly fix all the problems and start to improve the game, it will be extremely difficult to transfer m2tweop there, because:
    1) despite the presence of common places, the code of the games is very different (I checked)
    2) since the code is different (and almost all the data too), and also the bit depth (x64 instead of x32) to adapt, I will have to rewrite almost all the m2tweop code, after which at least a couple of months to reverse the game in order to just do all the functions that were ready for m2w.
    3) point 2 is relevant only if there are no updates for the game. If they are, then EVERY of them can (and will) nullify a considerable part of my work.
    4) I wanted to write something very important and forgot
    5) until they stop making updates that break m2tweop, a lot of time will have passed and by that time the m2tw remaster will be ready. And in general not very good. it's nice to spend a lot of time on things that are developed, if they have the source code, will potentially break with any slightest change.

In general, I am more likely to start adapting m2tweop if the update is really something worthwhile(I think it will not be), as well as if there are no more updates after this (or something appears to make my work easier - convenient tools, funding, game source code, etc. But none of this will appear).

If we are talking about the original of the game, then only part of the above is true. I will not transfer the program to the original either, but if someone takes up adaptation (as part of m2tweop), then I will provide all possible help(including help with reverse engineering and coding). I think it is possible to provide a single scripting interface for both games and so on, but it will also take a lot of time and effort. It might be easier to port the modifications to the existing m2tweop platform.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Hey, this is really interesting but I'm not sure exactly what it does or how it has come about. Is there an FAQ or something ?

Is this something I can use with old mods for M2TW Kingdoms, such as TATW ?

Thanks !
    Look here

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Youneouy, I saw the announcement on the main page, just dropping by to congratulate you on going to the very limits of the M2TW engine. Thank you for the work.

(also wish we had this when M2TW was released, would have been great to create some immense mods right after it got launched)
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Is there any documentation on writing lua scripts? I found this page, but I can't find anything on where to place scripts or how to run/trigger them. Could someone here point me in the right direction?

You could make any questions and find help and guide on the discord channel.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This might sound dumb but could anyone please explain the basic steps I need to do for EOP2.0? I tried searching and then trying myself with no luck. Is there a guide like there was for the previous versions on how to get started? I'd just like to implement the stratmap model change and the vassal functions. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    If we are talking about the original of the game, then only part of the above is true. I will not transfer the program to the original either, but if someone takes up adaptation (as part of m2tweop), then I will provide all possible help(including help with reverse engineering and coding). I think it is possible to provide a single scripting interface for both games and so on, but it will also take a lot of time and effort. It might be easier to port the modifications to the existing m2tweop platform.
    Can you post or pm me a doc with instructions on how to reverse engineer and code for the original RTW based on your experience and know-how with m2tweop. I have a couple of years of experience with C++ but less with reverse engineering and would like to try my hand with it and anything i manage to do i'll put it on the Discord and here. I'm GrandmaOnThePhone in the Discord.