Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

almost all events have been implemented, it remains to test them, and then add various functions (creating armies, adding traits, etc.)

By the way, I remind you that the project has a patreon - https://www.patreon.com/m2tweop The money raised will go to the development of the project, perhaps even enough to buy some good wine for helpers someday.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Implemented the ability to add units to armies, delete them, and also change them.
    What does it mean? This means that along with the added events, as well as the ability to display your graphics in the game (create your own menus, etc.), you can do things like upgrade units, dismount them before the battle, etc. in your m2tweop plugins. Further. You can also do it for AI.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Implemented the ability to add units to armies, delete them, and also change them.
    What does it mean? This means that along with the added events, as well as the ability to display your graphics in the game (create your own menus, etc.), you can do things like upgrade units, dismount them before the battle, etc. in your m2tweop plugins. Further. You can also do it for AI.
    This is going to add so many new possibilites into scripting!

What exactly are you adding the events for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

What exactly are you adding the events for?
    Here I gave a list of selected events, almost all are implemented (except for the non-working ones): https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15956058
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    This is going to add so many new possibilites into scripting!
    well, actually it will be coding, not scripting

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

But the snippets you have showed so far seem really, REALLY easy, and in a sense, coding is easier (and more efficient) than scripting whenever you want to do complex stuff.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    But the snippets you have showed so far seem really, REALLY easy, and in a sense, coding is easier (and more efficient) than scripting whenever you want to do complex stuff.
    yes, of course it is. But also, along with the many advantages, there will be some disadvantages. I think some m2tw scripters won't get used to it very easily.

i just found about this recently and althrough i am scrub at scripting (best i can do is maybe somewhat understand how they work and copy paste stuff around) i am a lot into units balancing and generally battle related things

so i wanted to ask how is it proceeding in regards to unit experience and armor upgrades ? being able to tweak those would have huge implications imo, finally we could have realistic combat mechanics with proper unit balance

The test version of the program went to DinarMayor. But there is still a lot to be done before the public test.

so i wanted to ask how is it proceeding in regards to unit experience and armor upgrades ? being able to tweak those would have huge implications imo, finally we could have realistic combat mechanics with proper unit balance
    What did you mean? When creating a unit, of course, you can specify its parameters, and you can also edit the parameters of the unit created by the game during the onUnitTrained event.

i am either misunderstanding or posting in the wrong place, but as far as i understand this mod or tool is about lifting some of the limitations of the game isnt it ? i looked in suggestions thread and experience and armor upgrades came up a few times already

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15926676

looked in the download thread but i havent seen any mention of experience or armor upgrades

so i am just wondering if anything is being done or will be done about that aspect of the game, or maybe nothing will be done idk, just asking

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I am writing first time in this project and i must admit i can not understand how it works. My mod's issue is that it hundles high poly unit models and high poly strat_map models with result of randon CTDs. Can this projiect actually solve this case and if yes how?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The high poly model issue is a simple memory issue, eg an excess use. Only poly reduction is going to help there unless there is some wizardry that will enable the 32bit engine to use more memory. High poly in strat models is a waste of resources anyhow, as are large textures files.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

hi, there is a way to access the configuration of the
    special_faction_type slave_faction or papal_faction?

The new version of the program will be in development for a little longer than expected(a month or two or more longer). My ssd-disk suddenly died along with the system and sources of the latest versions of M2TW2EOP. So I have to do a lot from the very beginning

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    hi, there is a way to access the configuration of the
    special_faction_type slave_faction or papal_faction?
    Hello!
    Sorry for the long answer, has been very busy lately.
    Can you describe in more detail what exactly you mean?
    Last edited by youneuoy; October 20, 2020 at 05:23 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    The new version of the program will be in development for a little longer than expected(a month or two or more longer). My ssd-disk suddenly died along with the system and sources of the latest versions of M2TW2EOP. So I have to do a lot from the very beginning

Hello!
    Sorry for the long answer, has been very busy lately.
    Can you describe in more detail what exactly you mean?
    The game engine considers slave and papal states as special factions.

This gives to that factions some special features that makes them different from the others.

For example, diplomatic options are reduced with slave faction. e.g. you can't make alliance with them because there is not such an option in the dimplomatic menu.

Im also iterested in this. Giving that special_faction_type to other factions than slave and papal states would open up many modding possibilities.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    The game engine considers slave and papal states as special factions.

This gives to that factions some special features that makes them different from the others.

For example, diplomatic options are reduced with slave faction. e.g. you can't make alliance with them because there is not such an option in the dimplomatic menu.

Im also iterested in this. Giving that special_faction_type to other factions than slave and papal states would open up many modding possibilities.
    exactly.

Diplomacy with the rebels, having two papal factions also of different religions.
    Possibility of electing the leader.

Darn Youneuoy! Have you considered a private github something? Or use onedrive or google drive to back up the folder everyday?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Darn Youneuoy! Have you considered a private github something? Or use onedrive or google drive to back up the folder everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Well, shortly before the breakdown, I tried to set up github, but then some problem happened (I could not load the project due to the fact that the folder had files over 100 MB in weight) and I put it off for later)
    I was actually quite happy with the 7-Zip version control system, but I didn't expect such problems. ssd disk was less than a year old at the time of failure.

Ok, I'll see if I can do something about it. I don’t think it will be difficult - difficulties can arise when dealing with the consequences.
    Last edited by youneuoy; October 22, 2020 at 02:47 PM.

Fixed a serious program bug - crash when changing game settings

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to youneuoy again."