Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Glad you've finally released this man, good work. And by time will become even bigger I hope

ABOUT WHY THE ANTIVIRUSES DETECTS IT AS A FALSE POSITIVE ETC:

We use a brute force method to manipulate a running memory process (this case it is medieval2.exe or kingdoms.exe). You can search the net about "memory editing of a running process antivirus issues" and check more people having trouble with this. When I compile the program that written by me (of course) i also get these warning and windows defender tries to delete the program or quarantinee it. It is not that we are trying to invade your PC but it is a fact that unless we contact one by one all the antivirus providers and tell them that our program is clean etc to please include it in the whitelist in the future updates (which might take years to do or they might just dont care) it is not going to change.
    Last edited by Aura; March 29, 2020 at 03:08 AM.

Domesticus

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Congratulations! Great Tool!

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Default Re: HotSeatTool(Expanding MTW2 Engine Features)and instructions for the program, in pictures

Amazing project!! Thaks guys

nadalio's Avatar Civis

That's interesting:
    For example, at the moment when the game displays the age of a certain character on the screen, it will be possible to add to it the number specified for this character in the config file (the game itself will assume that the character has the age specified in descr_strat and based on this value all game mechanics). That is, in order not to spend a lot of time studying and correcting the mechanics of adoption, marriage, death from old age, etc. only one change can be made. And nothing accidentally breaks, everything will work as it should.
    That is, for a modder, this conditionally looks like this:
    in a separate config file, let's call it characters.youneuoycfg we write as follows:
    Elrond = 6449.
    At descr_strat.txt, Elrond is age 32.
    We start the game. The moment we open the Elrond information window, we see that he is 6481 years old.
    That is, the game "thinks" that he is 32 years old, therefore he is getting a little older, in a year he will be 33 years old. At this moment, we open information about him and see that he is 6482 years old.
    Exactly the same thing can be done with the death of a character from old age and indeed with a huge number of other things. In the future, this way it is supposed to connect completely different parts of the game mechanics.
    This method seems to me the most optimal and stable.
    if the game still think that Elrond is 32 years old, he could die from old age or disease? It's possible to make a special trait "immortality" that will increase the age of some characters: like 1 year = 1000 years for Elrond and other elves plus your discovery?

Will be possible to overcome some AI limitations and improve it in a near future?
    An example:
    -Making an AI more willing to bribe units from the player or make Ambushes.
    -Make rebels more active to defend territories or make siege?

I just read some of these improvement, they are very interesting:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...3-AI-Expansion

https://t-a-w.blogspot.com/2012/08/f...l-war-map.html

However the dicoveries that you already made are amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by nadalio View Post
    That's interesting:

if the game still think that Elrond is 32 years old, he could die from old age or disease? It's possible to make a special trait "immortality" that will increase the age of some characters: like 1 year = 1000 years for Elrond and other elves plus your discovery?

However the dicoveries that you already made are amazing!!
    I can change the real age, but within 127 years. Moreover, for the sake of prettiness, completely different things can be displayed on the screen. That is, you can each time, as a certain character's age increases by 1, immediately reduce it by 1. At the same time, increase by 1 the value for displaying on the screen. That is, the game considers age separately, we are separate. When the game is saved, save it all to a separate file (take the same name as the save game, just put the extension different) and load it the same way.
    This was just an example of one of the things that are quite easily implemented in this way.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Properly immortal characters in other words. An excellent development.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I believe someone once told me,that factions variants for settlements strat models (or something else) can be distributed by religions instead of cultures/factions? Do I remember this right?

Excellent project.

Would it be possible to have an option to change cost (in build points) of rams, ladders or siege towers?
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post
    Would it be possible to have an option to change cost (in build points) of rams, ladders or siege towers?
    I think yes. And I planned to make changes to the siege process in the future (for example, to remove siege weapons (like catapults) from engineering units in field battles and add them only during assaults, etc.). If I ever get to this, I'll probably do something with build points.

Great news everyone, I've managed to add 220 cities in a single map, but the game crashes in a weird way after that idk why. I'm working on it and kinda detected what causes it but i need to make some more checks before it. I also managed to make the 1920x1080 resolution user interface fitting more accurate to the screen (no more stretching and bluriness so it's now a true 1080p experience) i'm trying to make it interactive like say if you go to a lower resolution it will calculate the positions of that resolution (I don't want to make every check one by one)

I just wanted to inform you about the progress, stay tuned for more info

@Gebilde if you explain more how this works maybe i can do a quick check.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Great news everyone, I've managed to add 220 cities in a single map, but the game crashes in a weird way after that idk why. I'm working on it and kinda detected what causes it but i need to make some more checks before it. I also managed to make the 1920x1080 resolution user interface fitting more accurate to the screen (no more stretching and bluriness so it's now a true 1080p experience) i'm trying to make it interactive like say if you go to a lower resolution it will calculate the positions of that resolution (I don't want to make every check one by one)

I just wanted to inform you about the progress, stay tuned for more info

@Gebilde if you explain more how this works maybe i can do a quick check.
    As for the cities - I think now it will be difficult to do anything with this. Probably there is the same situation as with the limit of types of units i.e. the game allocates a certain amount of memory, which is even enough for a certain number of records. And after them comes other useful information. Those. even if it comes out like this, breaking this limit on the forehead, nobody will use it because of crashes.
    I think it is necessary to allocate memory in another place and everywhere in the game code it is indicated exactly this place for cities. And it can take a lot of time.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 06, 2020 at 06:31 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Brilliant work, gentlemen. As I said in the other thread, please let us know if you need any hope. As an example, if you'd like exposure for the project, check out this thread and/or contact me, and I'll speak to the relevant people.

No display of age seems much better, maybe include 2 options in the cfg?

No display of age seems much better, maybe include 2 options in the cfg?
    Yes, I had that in mind. It will be possible to set the settings with your own line. Like this:"% s% d, immortal". Instead of% d, the number of years will be displayed, and instead of% s, the word "Age".
    I think that I will make it possible to set different lines for different traits / anchillaries / names.

So that in the future there would be no errors, or so that it would be easy to fix them, I decided to add logging for new settings.
    A little about the next update (about immortal characters):
    You can specify any number of names, traits or ancillaries, for each of which it is possible to separately configure the display of age on the screen.
    Character age reset log file (checked once per turn after rebels turn): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ah...dNR8gENucZM_4l

The numbers 1, 2 and 3 at the beginning of the log are not the numbers of entries, but their type. In the config file, they are specified by words (trait, ancillary or name)

MERGE #1: Yes, the thing with immortality also works for agents

MERGE #2: immortality is ready, it remains to finish displaying this immortality on the character information screen, I will do it tonight
    Last edited by Frunk; April 11, 2020 at 12:40 AM.

nadalio's Avatar Civis

You are a Rock man!!
    There are some possibilities about to improve the AI?
    Make it more smarter and able to do things..
    Example:
    CAI usually don't use forts and make ambushes on it's own and many other things..

I'll make some final tests about hidden resource limits today maybe you may want to add it to the final code too @youneuoy

I'll make some final tests about hidden resource limits today maybe you may want to add it to the final code too @youneuoy
    If everything works as it should, then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by nadalio View Post
    You are a Rock man!!
    There are some possibilities about to improve the AI?
    Make it more smarter and able to do things..
    Example:
    CAI usually don't use forts and make ambushes on it's own and many other things..
    To be honest, I did not see how AI works in the game. I can only say that I will do everything possible so that he takes advantage of the opportunities that are planned for entering the game (probably in the future a spell system for fantasy mods will be added, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    To be honest, I did not see how AI works in the game. I can only say that I will do everything possible so that he takes advantage of the opportunities that are planned for entering the game (probably in the future a spell system for fantasy mods will be added, etc.).
    If I add something for which I need to "simulate" the AI, I will not add its settings to the config, but I will give the opportunity to change the target selection code, etc.

I updated the message with update plans (the third in this thread on the first page).
    With immortality finished, update soon.
    Last edited by Frunk; April 11, 2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Since you can modify a character depending on his traits or ancillaries, could it be possible to generate attrition for his army when he has a given trait/ancillary? That's something that could be used for a lot of things i think (famine, desertion, etc...).

Great work in any case! I am really curious to see your spell system!

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Since you can modify a character depending on his traits or ancillaries, could it be possible to generate attrition for his army when he has a given trait/ancillary? That's something that could be used for a lot of things i think (famine, desertion, etc...).

Great work in any case! I am really curious to see your spell system!
    Yes, I can replenish / decrease the number of troops depending on any parameters of the commander or the composition of the army or many more things, up to finding the army in an area limited by certain coordinates. I can also change the range of movement and much more.

Taking advantage of the successes that I have already achieved it will not be very difficult to do (I think it can take 5-10 working hours, well, or more if i really introduce some extremely tricky system.)

The system with immortality is completely ready and tested, but I'm a little busy right now and I can’t release it (today I will)
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 09, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast