Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Unbelievable!!! Finally the heir annoyance in M2TW, which was reduced as much as possible before but not fully gone, is finally over after more than a decade!!!

This kind of shows how lazy CA has been in this concern back then, but well, not surprising giving their current trend.

WOW, simply absolutely impressive work, youneuoy, bravo!!!

It looks ugly but damn man, you just revolutionized modding in M2TW. You are the Johannes Gutenberg of the Total War Modding scene. Chapeau!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Aw cmon it's a bit unfair, to me it's the most glorious and beautiful thing in modding in a long time, besides he's going to make customization possible as far as can be done, which is simply a bonus!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    It looks ugly but damn man, you just revolutionized modding in M2TW. You are the Johannes Gutenberg of the Total War Modding scene. Chapeau!
    You can change the textures and font of the text (I will also add a text color setting).
    Do you think it does not depend on textures and I need to change something?

Thank you all for your feedback, if someone else has something to say, write. I think in a day or two I will post a test version before the final edits, so that everyone can try and give their assessment, as well as a list of problems - at this point I can still change something in the interface.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

You can use comic sans if you want. (but please don't)
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

The next update will fix the latest mtw2 compatibility issue:
    I finally installed windows xp for myself and started adapting the project for this OS.
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 23, 2020 at 08:17 AM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

There will be no compatibility with win xp, or rather, it will only be partial - replacing the dimensions of the card and other minor things.

No to be hateful but windows xp compatibility is probably a pretty low priority.

There are still people using Win XP? I don't know how it is in Russia but in Central Europe it is seen as a security threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    There are still people using Win XP? I don't know how it is in Russia but in Central Europe it is seen as a security threat.
    Well, it seems that some people still have computers with windows xp at work or even at home (because there’s simply no money for new ones, I know a lot of such people). But I'm not so sure that I will fully adapt the project for xp, so far the minimum supported version is windows 7.

Default Re: Download links, important information and instructions for the program, in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Ok, I just solved the problem of running on older versions of Windows, maybe you have the same problem. Wait for the new version of the program (in a day or two there will be the first test release).
    I will transfer these messages to the general topic tomorrow.

You'll be surprise to know how many companies run their critical stuff on outdated OS. XP isnt even the worst ofender. Not every place has the funds or organization and lawness of the wealthy side of Europe sadly.

A little about how the test version of the program currently looks:
    most of the work with the UI has been done, it remains only to display the list of effects and a few tips)
    Made the ability to switch the language, color settings, improved scaling, etc.
    The video shows part of the settings and how they work:

It was also decided to add various inheritance systems in future updates.

Just a demonstration that the work does not stand still - displaying a list of effects:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And yes, the program language is configured separately from the game language, but there is no need to replace the text folder - you can simply specify the name of your language in the config file, and if such a language is present in the localization folder, then it will be used

Test version:
    Added the ability to change the heir (see various files in the youneuoy_Data folder, there are comments there). Attention! Localization files must be saved in utf-8 encoding
    possible startup errors removed

I would like detailed reviews.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xz1...ew?usp=sharing
    Known Issues:
    on the version of the game kingdoms (1.5) the project name is not displayed in the main menu
    other problems with the project name in the main menu

I would also like to know how it all works for people with a screen resolution higher than full hd
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 25, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

I have done a little test. One great thing is that you can chose for heir a character not come of age. I have killed the king in battle, and the child was next himself designated as king, despite not being still present on the strategic map.
    Thus, there was no faction leader during this time:
    But the character has come of age while being king without apparent problem:

I have also tried to make heir spouses and daughters . It should be disabled i think, since, even if it has no real effect, the message appears and it removes the last attribution of the heir title. Finally by chosing a child i have met a bug where i had two heirs:
    I don't know how i have done, maybe it's because the child has 0 for age as you can see? By designating a spouse i have been able the remove the title for the other character, but no way to remove it for the child.

I have also managed to designate the king as heir, while still having the child as heir, and so no more apparent king:

And next, when i have removed the title of heir to the king, there was no more faction symbol on his card, even if he was still king:

PS: The bug report topic is closed.

It's in fact interesting if you could manually choose to have a female heir and have it appear as a female general on the map or it would be too troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    It's in fact interesting if you could manually choose to have a female heir and have it appear as a female general on the map or it would be too troublesome.
    A woman cannot be an heir (at the moment), I just added a restriction to the program on the choice of dead characters so far. But I played with the addition of female characters in the army, the result is not very good, but later it may come out to do something about it.
    Erken
    Ok, minor heirs are good (if you have a Steam version of the game, then you can kill the leader using the program, see the editing armies on the strategic map under the spoiler instructions).

About the two heirs:
    If you make the heir to a minor character, and then choose the heir of the other - there will be 2 heirs, this is because the program removes the title of the heir only from the characters that are on the strategic map - I probably need to sort out all the family members in general, well, or better yet - first remove this title from the heir, then put a new heir, and then give the title to him (now the program goes through all family members who have an army and removes the heir from them, I think this is superfluous).

With the choice of the king the same situation, I will remove this later, as well as the choice of female characters (for this particular function).

Also, a hint that you can click on a character to open its menu should appear only when you hover over it with your mouse - is this not the case with you?
    Do you play in windowed mode or full screen?
    Try to switch between them, for this, in the mod config file, set the following settings:
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = true

I opened the topic of the bug report, but it’s better not to write about the test version there.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Also, a hint that you can click on a character to open its menu should appear only when you hover over it with your mouse - is this not the case with you?
    Do you play in windowed mode or full screen?
    Try to switch between them, for this, in the mod config file, set the following settings:
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = true
    The mouse was over the character to show his details, so there are no problems. The fact that the text is far on right seems to be a consequence of PrintScreen (modify windowed or borderless_window change nothing). In game all is ok.

The possibility of having a minor king still not ruling is great since it literally creates a new feature of regency.

I have done a little more tests:

- A problem with the different maluses and bonuses is that they are cumulative, so if you change of heir several times all the characters as well as the treasury will be affected each time. I don't see how to efficiently circumvent this though.

- The inGame font doesn't work with accents, so some lettres are not recognized, what will be problematic with some languages. I have thound this similar font, which works with them but the size of letters need to be increased.

- The dark background of the tooltip is nice, but i think that most of people would prefer dark letters for the confirmation message, so the tooltip would then no more be readable.

- The message should maybe be a little higher than the lower interface (i know that it's a test version, sorry if it looks like some boring nitpicking...but it would be better higher^^)