Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to youneuoy again."
    Sounds familiar...

Test minifix - a crash was cured when changing in-game settings (screen resolution, anti-aliasing), as well as when minimizing / expanding the game in full screen mode. Also, now the script command spawn_army now makes a port block if its target is the coordinates of the port and the emerging army is at war with the army that owns the port (the spawn_army fix parameter must be enabled in the launcher).
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...SeatToolLib.7z
    You just need to replace the HotSeatToolLib.dll file in the program folder, and also create a new youneuoy_Data \ plugins folder (it may be empty).

there are a lot of problems with twc lately, but you can join our discord server - https://discord.gg/zU23hQM
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Fixed a problem with changing the age of characters (when using the options from the age.yoneuoycfg file and reloading the save, the characters were considered dead). There is still a problem with displaying age in this case, I will fix it a little later.
    HotSeatToolLib.dll, replace this file in your m2tweop version.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to youneuoy again."

The next engine limit has been removed - the limit on custom_tiles.
    Installation: replace the HotSeatToolLib.dll file.

Note (very important!): The first entry from your custom_tiles_db.txt file will be used as a technical one, it should be correct, but the game will not use it (you can do the same in custom_tiles.yoneuoycfg - it will work).

Usage: create a custom_tiles.yoneuoycfg file in the youneuoy_Data folder, in which each entry should be made in the following format:
    name
    x
    y
    map
    weather
    Times of Day

records must be separated by any number of blank lines (no spaces!) or lines starting with; (comments). Example:
    Code:
    whatever1
    mine.wfc
    clear
    sunrise
    ; comment 1
    ; comment 2

; comment 3
    whatever2
    mine.wfc
    clear
    sunrise
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...eatToolLib.dll

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

That is awesome. Mods like third age could make great use of this!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    That is awesome. Mods like third age could make great use of this!
    Already made

Fixed incorrect detection of screen resolution, also fixed a problem due to which the program never closed after starting the mod.
    You can download it from the old link, just in case I will duplicate it here.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zKM47wR4CZzi3mFusMPqBuk4UcWLCekg/view?usp=sharing

The limit has been removed from the forts stratmodels (more precisely, the ability to replace them with any custom ones has been made). If everything is ok, there will be a new mini-update soon.
    example config file, put in youneuoy_Data
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ist.yoneuoycfg

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Oh, Thats great! Is it tied to battle map models as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Oh, Thats great! Is it tied to battle map models as well?
    Leo wrote to me that now you can make any tactical models for forts and that nothing needs to be done for this.

Fixed crashes when changing fort models

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yea, dumb me... I actually knew it, but forgot about the battle models for the moment

I just would like to share my experience with the spawn armies and characters over ports feature recently implemented by Youneuoy in his tool.

It works pretty well, and the best part is that, if used, this feature creates a whole new branch of battles for the game.
    Once you spawn one rebel army over the port (via script), the port is blockaded (as in vanilla med2), generating loss of profit and rising unrest in the settlement.

The solution is go there and eliminate the army in the port. Since you can have custom tiles in ports coordinates, there can be a real port models in the battlefield when the battle starts (like in my mod, every port has its custom tile).

Even better, the AI factions interact with these blocking armies, fighting them and then staying over the port for a while.

Now some ideas.
    As we know, watchtowers are also interactable. Rebel armies will eventually block the sight bonus provided by watchtowers by staying over them in strat map, forcing the owner of the region to go there and remove the rebels to regain the sight bonus.
    With custom tiles over these towers battles in these places could get interesting.
    Besides, there is plans for the M2TW Engine Overhaul Project, to allow plugins to expand the script possibilities.
    My idea is something like calling watchtowers now "outposts" or something like this. So it would not only provide sight byt also some kind of bonus for armies who reach its coordinates (like refreshing 50% of movement points and/or replenishing men in some units, or any other interesting bonus). As I said the AI will eventually interact with these watchtowers so this could be a really interesting feature. In my opinion, better than the simply building capacity of generals to build them. We could just remove the hability of building these towers (as some mods did to forts).

However, a more simple and maybe more logical idea is to give all these capacities to forts.

For more "fantasic" fantasy mods (not TATW for sure), these towers could be teleport points or something like this.

As far as I know, its possible.

These are just ideas from a bubbly mind.

I must say the whole "outpost" idea sounds really intersting, much more than the original watchtowers purpose.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

The limit has been removed from the ports stratmodels (more precisely, the ability to replace them with any custom ones has been made). If everything is ok, there will be a new mini-update soon.

example config file, put in youneuoy_Data
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ist.yoneuoycfg

Can this be done for Rome? I remember a similar project a few years back for it, but the main modder ended up ditching due to RL issues and so no part of it ended up as a public release.

This would help a lot with FATW.

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker94 View Post
    Can this be done for Rome? I remember a similar project a few years back for it, but the main modder ended up ditching due to RL issues and so no part of it ended up as a public release.

This would help a lot with FATW.
    This can be done, but it will take a very long time. Now I see no reason to do this.

Is it possible to increase the the max region limit, and/or faction limit?
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life